Canada - Josh, 9, & Montana Giesbrecht, 11, Winnipeg, 20 June 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Jun 21, 2016.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Winnipeg police search for 2 missing children
    [​IMG]
    https://www.facebook.com/MissingPeopleCanada/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/missing-children-winnipeg-1.3645250

2. Loading...

3. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom Because I'm the Mom, that's why.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/missing-kids-mother-court-documents-1.3646985

4. Darling136

Darling136 Active Member Forum Coordinators

5. Rizo

Rizo New Member

Good question I was wondering that too....its hard to tell because there is very little information that I could find on Sandra ....lots of rumours though...just not a lot of fact based information....

6. Rizo

Rizo New Member

the only thing I found was that her and I am assuming her ex-husband were in family court in May 2016....not sure for what purpose (obviously that information is not posted) but if you want to check it out just go to http://www.jus.gov.mb.ca/ and enter her name.

7. hellomj

hellomj New Member

Hello from Winnipeg :wave:
    Giesbrecht is a super common last name here (like Smith or Jones). It is possible they are related to each other but they might not be. And correct me if I'm wrong but I think both women are Giesbrecht due to marriage. It could be possible that their husbands are related to each other.

8. Ontario Mom

Winnipeg police to release new details in missing kids case http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/winnipeg-police-missing-children-update-1.3649260?cmp=rss

9. lauriej

lauriej 'wild rose country...'

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...cht-mom-of-2-missing-winnipeg-kids/ar-AAhtOxO
    Canada-wide warrant issued for Sandra Giesbrecht, mom of 2 missing Winnipeg kids

--snip
    Court documents related to the parents' custody dispute said Sandra had sent text messages about taking the children and also had someone following the father.
    In court, the mother wouldn't confirm or deny sending the messages.

The documents also reveal several recent incidents that are under investigation, including one case where two unidentified women were seen in a rental vehicle taking photographs of the children's school.

In another incident, a woman entered the school in April and made contact with the kids in a hallway. When approached by staff, the woman refused to identify herself, court documents say.

In one document, the court described the mother's behaviour as "irrational" and said it "takes these threats seriously. They are disturbing."
    The father was supposed to have full custody of the children, but they refused to go with him, according to the documents.

10. Rizo

Rizo New Member

11. Rizo

Rizo New Member

Hello from Winnipeg too :wave:

12. Ontario Mom

Wow :gaah: These poor kids. This mother sounds like she's lost her marbles. The lengths she was willing to go to, to have those kids with her and not their dad, is very disturbing. I hope LE finds them quickly and gets them away from her.

13. hellomj

hellomj New Member

I worked for Child and Family Services for 6 years (though I'm no longer in the field because it sucks the life out of you). My heart just breaks reading the court doc.

14. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Active Member

I just finished reading the court case and I am VERY concerned for these children. To me, it is obvious the mother does not have any interest in what is best for their children and is interested in only herself. I am worried she will "win" at any cost. Those poor things!

15. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Active Member

16. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN New Member

Holy moly Pink! That was quite a read! What a mess. The damage that's been done to those poor kids emotionally is heartbreaking. It's been about 72 hours since she took them and I agree with you, I'm very concerned about the children and their safety. She appears to be completely unstable!

Thanks Rizo for posting the link to the case. :tyou:

17. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN New Member

18. Ontario Mom

I think it was a very, very carefully, intentionally worded statement.

19. LisaWL7TR

LisaWL7TR New Member

I hope the mother doesn't decide if I can't have the children all to myself then no one will have the children. Whether she harms them or hides them away with someone that is unknown.

Sent from my SCH-I545

20. Rizo

Rizo New Member

I agree I loved how she kept saying Sandra's name and the kids names as a way to connect with her.

21. wendybtn

wendybtn New Member

I don't know how people can stay in that agency very long. Thanks for your service!