Canada- Joti Singh Mann, Punjabi Radio Host, Attacked by 3 men w. axe & machete, Brampton, Ont. 4 Aug '22

dotr

Reaction score
GRAPHIC VIDEO (Blurred)

''August 10, 2022 5:06PM EDT
Graphic content warning: This story contains details readers may find disturbing.
A well-known real estate agent and media personality in Brampton, Ont. has been viciously attacked in broad daylight in his own driveway by three men, two of whom appear to be wielding an axe and a machete.
Peel police said it happened at around 8:15 a.m. on Aug. 4 in the area of Hurontario Street and Mayfield Road.

In video obtained by CTV News Toronto, the victim, who has been identified by family as Joti Singh Mann, is seen approaching his white Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. As he is getting settled in the driver’s seat, he slams the door shut as an axe-wielding suspect approaches.
Video shows the suspect swinging his weapon in full force at the driver-side window—breaking the glass on impact and removing the window completely on the second swing.''

rbbm.
''Graphic content warning: This story contains details readers may find disturbing.

A Brampton media personality who was violently pulled from his parked vehicle last week and attacked with a machete and axe required 150 stitches, lost a toe due to amputation and will need months of physical rehabilitation to recover, a close friend tells CP24.

On the morning of Aug. 4, Joti Singh Mann was climbing into a Jeep parked in his driveway when he was approached by a man wielding an axe.''

Video obtained from the scene shows the axeman swinging the blade into the vehicle’s driver’s side window after Mann shut the door, popping the glass from its frame.''

''Two other men join in, one armed with a machete.''

''The violence only ends when a woman identified as Mann’s mother exits the home to render aid.

“She ran out – it was a pure reaction on her part and it certainly contributed to him still being here today,” Peel Regional Police Supt. Sean Gormley told reporters on Thursday.''

''Mann’s mother told CP24 that he received a threat while recording a recent episode.

Gormley said police were made aware of that threat and were actively investigating it.

“A safety plan was put in place with victim at the time the threat was reported,” he said.''

Oh my. Seems to be plenty of Indian-on-Indian and Iranian-on-Iranian crimes in Ontario lately.

Elnaz Tamiri's attack and kidnapping was another case of it.

It's a worrying trend and not how you should approach being in new citizen in a new country.

Oh my. Seems to be plenty of Indian-on-Indian and Iranian-on-Iranian crimes in Ontario lately.

Elnaz Tamiri's attack and kidnapping was another case of it.

It's a worrying trend and not how you should approach being in new citizen in a new country.
Glad you mentioned ET, was about to note this thread in her one, fwiw.

Sept 1 2022
“I was sitting in my car and when I looked to my side, they broke my window,” Mann said in an exclusive interview with CTV News Toronto Thursday.

Two other men then appeared, one armed with a machete, and attacked Mann.

Mann said he offered the group the keys to his vehicle, thinking the suspects were attempting a carjacking, but it didn’t stop them from continuing the attack.

The three suspects pulled Mann from his vehicle and brought him to the end of the driveway, continuing to assault him.

“If anyone saw that video, they would think I was not alive,” he said.

Mann revealed he was beaten with a machete and axe, pepper-sprayed, and Tasered during the attack.

“I was out of my mind,” he said, recalling the incident. “I had no idea what was happening to me.”

''At the hospital, Mann said he received surgery and more than 180 stitches. He also said he had to have a toe amputated, is dealing with nerve damage in his hand, and is tending to a number of fractures and cuts
Since the attack, he said he’s developed post-traumatic stress disorder, has been plagued by nightmares, and does not sleep more than three hours at a time.''

''Before the incident, Mann did receive a threat while recording a recent episode of his podcast, Peel Regional Police confirmed. They said a safety plan was put in place, and that the threat was reported and being investigated. At this time, there police say there is no definitive connection between the threat and the attack, and Mann says he still has no idea why the men attacked him.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back