GUILTY Canada - Julie Paskall, 53, murdered, Surrey, BC, 29 Dec 2013

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by bessie, Jan 6, 2014.

1. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

A member brought this senseless tragedy to my attention and asked me to start a thread. This poor lady was just a mom picking up her son from a hockey game.

B.C. city shocked by Julie Paskall’s ‘random’ murder at end of year marked by a soaring murder rate
    Surrey hockey mom Julie Paskall dies after attack at arena
    A couple of more links:

Trust fund set up for family of murdered Surrey mother Julie Paskall

Hockey mom Julie Paskall's death prompts police to seek tips
    Homicide investigators setting up mobile command at Newton Arena in Surrey, B.C.

Contact information to report a tip.

2. Loading...

3. CherylE

CherylE Member

Tragic and scary. I live in that city and am a single mom with teenagers I have to pick up places (not that specific place but still it has shaken people up here even usually cautious people). My teenaged daughter texted me when she heard it on the news to apologize for being upset I will not let her walk by herself...that she realized it wasn't' over protective. I really hope they find who did this. Thank you for posting a thread.

4. kmclaren

kmclaren Well-Known Member

This happened quite close to one of my daughter's good friends house. It is so very disturbing and senseless.

Julie sounded like a wonderful person and I feel so sad for her family - her 16 yr old son who she was waiting to pick up when she was attacked, plus her 2 daughters and her husband. What an awful, horrible way to lose your loved one...

5. Daephine

Daephine New Member

Thanks so much for posting this, Bessie! I hope that her murderer will be found and brought to justice.

6. HulaMum

HulaMum Member

This just shook me to the core. A mom waiting for her child outside the arena? Ugh. This area of Surrey is troublesome, to say the least, and seems to be on the downhill slide. Botched robbery - rock (impulsive choice of weapon?) - open, public area... I am crossing my fingers that they can pick up good footage from local business' cameras.

I'm so sad for this family. How horrible to lose your mom in such a wasteful, senseless way.

7. CherryKitty

CherryKitty New Member

Shocking. I'm not singling Surrey out from all of Vancouver, but I'm always reading about it, the trouble and the crime. Especially the murders; it seems like every day there's a new one.

I realize that the media puts fear into us, but I've never felt safe there. A lot of times these murders are very public and a lot of the times random or botched robberies.

I don't know why Surrey is such a haven for crime and murder. I don't know when it officially earned its reputation; I've grown up in Vancouver, but not in that area and I'm under 20, so I'd be lying if I knew much crime history regarding the city and it's neighborhoods.

I don't have much right now after the holidays, but I did make my way to Vancity (my bank anyway) and sent some money to the Paskall family. My heart aches for that family; such a senseless crime.

8. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...t-in-murder-of-bc-hockey-mom/article18834307/

So sickening, so senseless ... just a beautiful Mom out doing what good Moms do.
    May this help bring some resolution to Julie's loved ones.

Justice is coming ... Way to go IHIT !!

Rest in Peace Mrs. Paskall
    :rose::rose::rose:

9. bessie

Julie Paskall was attacked outside a local arena in December
    Julie Paskall’s husband ‘elated’ over arrest but ‘it doesn’t bring my wife back’

10. sillybilly

full article:
    http://www.theprovince.com/news/fra...arged+murder+Julie+Paskall/9874804/story.html

11. sillybilly

IHIT presser coming up in about 1/2 hour:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...n-death-of-hockey-mom-julie-paskall-1.2653261

12. bessie

http://www.cknw.com/2014/05/24/ihit-lays-charges-in-death-of-surrey-mom-julie-paskall
    Read more: http://bc.ctvnews.ca/second-degree-...eath-of-julie-paskall-1.1836621#ixzz32hXwWtlq

13. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/face+evil+looks+like+paperboy+says+sister+murder+victim+Julie/9878670/story.html

14. newone

newone 2nd mouse gets the cheese

15. sillybilly

I don't know why we're not finding anything on the April 9th 2015 appearance for this guy or a possible trial date.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports...ie+Paskall+accused+killer/10884726/story.html

16. sillybilly

17. newone

18. newone

this is a crock

every facial bone was broken and the court bought his story that he didn't mean to kill her???

the other elephant in the room of course is we don't discuss his immigration status -- or whether he was born in Canada