GUILTY Canada - Kate Reid, 51, Kitchener, Ont, 2 Jan 2015

87 listings at 411 for KW. Plus, there might not even BE a son or if there actually is, Reid may not even be his last name.

Got me on that one Mom :floorlaugh: ... I was feeling sad about her asking for money for her and her son when maybe there is no son. I shall withhold my tears until we know one way or another ;)

:facepalm:LOL me to I was trying to figure out why she was asking for money for her 34 year old son
Got me on that one Mom :floorlaugh: ... I was feeling sad about her asking for money for her and her son when maybe there is no son. I shall withhold my tears until we know one way or another ;)

:( Certainly not the news I was hoping to hear.

I'm wondering if the person arrested lives on Wendy St and that is why we kept hearing about it.
Sad day nonetheless. Rest in the sweetest peace Ms Reid. You are free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So would that mean that HRM lived in Toronto, if Toronto police services helped? Or did they find something tying Kate to the Toronto area?

Good question. So far all the articles I'm seeing say "a Kitchener man". On both FB and twitter there is a Hugh McColl in KW but I have no idea if it's the same person.

I am wondering if this is the roommate?
Good question. So far all the articles I'm seeing say "a Kitchener man". On both FB and twitter there is a Hugh McColl in KW but I have no idea if it's the same person.

snipped...
...Police won’t comment on what the evidence is, but say the two knew each other and had been roommates.

“She found him on the internet as a roommate, so she didn't know anything about him except she needed a roommate to help with her rent,” said Roger Napper, Reid’s friend.

Police say they are continuing in their efforts to determine the circumstances surrounding the disappearance and presumed death of Kate Lynn Reid.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/kitchen...the-disappearance-of-kate-lynn-reid-1.2269537

They clearly got some information from somewhere. I wonder if someone the accused knew found something out?

"Waterloo Regional Police said the relationship between McColl and Reid was platonic and they don't know when or for how long they shared an apartment, although they last lived together in December."

Either someone saw something, heard something, or someone told LE something. Otherwise, there's no way (based on whatever they discovered on the balcony or the grass below) they would know she was murdered on New Year's Day. That's far too specific. Now he just needs to tell LE where she is so her family can say their goodbyes to her and lay her to rest. :(

"Waterloo Regional Police said the relationship between McColl and Reid was platonic and they don't know when or for how long they shared an apartment, although they last lived together in December."

Either someone saw something, heard something, or someone told LE something. Otherwise, there's no way (based on whatever they discovered on the balcony or the grass below) they would know she was murdered on New Year's Day. That's far too specific. Now he just needs to tell LE where she is so her family can say their goodbyes to her and lay her to rest. :(

Yeah .. I doubt there is a confession, otherwise why confess and not give up the location of a body. So it does seem that LE received info from someone other than the accused. Wish we knew more about this guy and his habits and lifestyle. Even have to wonder if he's somehow involved in Gerry's disappearance and moved in with Kate to avoid something being detected elsewhere.

Yes, I really hope LE can lean on this guy to find out where Kate is so she can be brought home and given the final dignity she deserves.

So they have already searched Henry Strum Greenway stormwater channel....

:thinking:

Where would a person hide a body in January in the Great White North...??? What did he do with Kate?

frustrating......got that horrid feeling she ended up in the landfill via apartment dumpster sad to say....MOO

2013, Catherine Todd, Kitchener murdered by James Parise .. Catherine's body was taken out over a balcony in a couch that ended up in the landfill. Given what appears to be a significant interest in the balcony at Kate's Burn Rd apartment, I wonder if the accused HRM got any ideas from that previous case. (FWIW, Catherine's body was never located.)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ener-18-March-2013-James-Parise-chgd-w-murder

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back