GUILTY Canada - Kelsey Felker, 24, found dismembered, Kitchener, Ont, 26 Jan 2013

Gee whiz, CW is a hero, that creep may have had more victims, but for her. She is lucky she wasn't killed. How horrible.

What do you guys think, was this his first murder? I always lean towards no, in these types of cases.

Could this be the serial killer of sex trade workers that LE has been searching for?

This woman who was assaulted early Thursday morning after being picked up at Wilson and Emerald streets is now believed to be the tenth victim of a vicious predator who preys on sex trade workers and street kids. Six women have been attacked. Two more have disappeared. One, a 19-year-old prostitute named Kimlyn Tolgyes, was murdered.

The latest victim might have wound up dead too, if it weren’t for the cops who have been pounding the pavement and warning working girls that there is a very, very bad date out there.

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/article/737215--woman-survives-brush-with-killer

In each incident the female victim was either a sex trade worker or someone who lived off the street. They all had a similar appearance. Most were approached or attacked in the Barton and Wellington area.

The car described by witnesses or victims in three cases is a white sports car.

And then there’s the description of the man. He’s white, about 26 years old, 5-foot-10, with a slim build, and clean shaven. Some have described him as blond and blue-eyed. The most recent victim described him with red hair and green eyes, but police believe it could be the same guy.

More info on the Hamilton rapist/murderer here:

The killer is getting more sophisticated. He started by approaching his victims on foot in alleys and has progressed to luring them into stolen cars and driving them to remote areas.

Hrab says the killer may know about police techniques and steals cars to throw them off track, or he steals cars because he doesn't have one. And he chooses his victims -- crack users and prostitutes for the most part -- because he knows they are "unreliable witnesses."

"The potential for being identified by them is low, " says Hrab.

He knows a lot about the drug culture, although no victim has seen him use drugs.

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/a...d-killer-profiled-as-young-intelligent-driven

This case has took on a whole new meaning for me ..A guy i went to school with and hung out with has allways been on my facebook . I had noticed a few odd posts from him untill yesterday there he had a pic of the tree and some stuff he set up where he said she was found anyway i come to see that this is his younger sister the deceased is i was well pretty shocked to say the least .Craig Cunningham is his name i know him exstremly well just feels so weird when its this close to home..Crazy stuff

Hi CanMan! I hope your friend will be able to heal and get through this. I know he's super-angry right now and rightfully so. This girl didn't deserve this.

I found this article in the archives for the Record... and if this is the same guy, I think he's been assaulting people for a few years. I haven't paid to see the whole article... here is a snippet from September 24th, 2003: (link)
On Aug. 31 of this year, he and his girlfriend, Maria Pacheco, who were living together, were arguing, Crown counsel Cynthia Jennison told [Bruce Frazer].

In asking the judge to accept the proposed six-month sentence, defence lawyer Brad Dempster pointed to [Stephen Roy Johnson]'s early guilty plea which spared his girlfriend having to testify at a trial. He noted she suffered no physical injuries.

Appeal courts generally urge lower court judges to accept joint submissions which are worked out ahead of time by the Crown and defence, Frazer noted. But he pointed out Johnson has a longstanding history of violence. He was also convicted of assaulting a male in 1995.

I found this information -

If an accused is ordered detained, the court may order that they not communicate with certain individuals while they are in custody awaiting their trial and sentencing
Bail_(Canada)

but still wonder if it's common to impose such an order?

I guess to prevent anyone from creating a "story" i.e. alibi information, etc. Each witness should be interviewed separately and the investigators will compare each person's story with what this guy has to say. If he wanted to contact 10 different people than I'd have to wonder what's up with that?

I live 3 blocks away. My massage therapist's office is in an old Victorian house directly across the street. It is across from many lawyers offices, treatment offices, community services offices and social services resource offices. And about 100 feet away from the Ontario Court of Justice. Isn't the worst area of town, and not the best area. It is close to the downtown, about 2 blocks.

I wish this chit would stop. Women are not disposable. WTF????

OK this guy may have dumped her body parts in not just two other locations, but possibly a third location too???? And her torso stays close to home??? I don't get it.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/02/01/more_human_remains_discovered_in_kitchener.html

map_zps923232b6.png

I've strung together a Google Map of the total crime scene so far from what we can tell. The 3rd location of remains is total speculation on my part, they said a heavily wooded area near by, judging by the rest of the locations, it seems like a possible, logical stop. Really puts the whole thing into perspective HERE

It appears to be the trail of someone who does not have access to a vehicle, and is desperate to hide evidence. Given the likely original crime scene location, it would be very difficult to move a complete body or even the largest part (torso) very far without being seen or with out considerable effort something the perp might not even be physicaly capable of.
My assumption would be that this crime was unplanned and that quite possibly the perp made an error in dumping the torso after the dumpster was picked up thinking that he put the torso in there before it was picked up. either that and or going back to the unplanned theory again, he panicked and felt the need to remove the evidence as quickly as possible.
We know that the suspect has little priors.
We understand she was known crack addict with a possibility of overdose and or very capable of leaving bad drug debt.
Has anyone heard the official cause of death?
I'm now curious to know what the motive is and what the charges will be.
Anyways thats my introdutory 2 cents to what appears to be an interesting somewhat local case for me.
Thanks again for including me in your site.
Wattch

It appears to be the trail of someone who does not have access to a vehicle, and is desperate to hide evidence. Given the likely original crime scene location, it would be very difficult to move a complete body or even the largest part (torso) very far without being seen or with out considerable effort something the perp might not even be physicaly capable of.
My assumption would be that this crime was unplanned and that quite possibly the perp made an error in dumping the torso after the dumpster was picked up thinking that he put the torso in there before it was picked up. either that and or going back to the unplanned theory again, he panicked and felt the need to remove the evidence as quickly as possible.
We understand she was known crack addict with a possibility of overdose and or very capable of leaving bad drug debt.
Anyways thats my introdutory 2 cents to what appears to be an interesting somewhat local case for me.
Wattch

Welcome to WS and good reasoning! Great first post! I think this guy was bad news to other women based on what is being said about him on the RIP facebook. The charges against him are first degree murder and I believe also indignity to a body (or similar). Not sure about motive but if he was her dealer, it could be related to drugs. He could have sexually assaulted her but we don't know that info yet, if true.

Wattch

Welcome to WS, Wattch!

I am curious as to whether the perp left the torso clothed in that (now particularly macabre) t shirt for any reason, like modesty or message?

Welcome to WS, Wattch!

I am curious as to whether the perp left the torso clothed in that (now particularly macabre) t shirt for any reason, like modesty or message?

I don't know if it's semantics or not. I have read her torso was "covered" in the shirt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back