GUILTY Canada - Kienan Hebert, 3, Sparwood BC, 7 Sept 2011 - #2

Good Morning,

Thank you for the new thread. :seeya:

I was hoping he'd be captured by now. Hoping today is the day. The sooner the better. IMO, this guy is a ticking time bomb and he will strike again and perhaps the child/children won't be as lucky next time.

A couple of articles regarding Kienan's return home.

Most articles this morning are wanting answers from LE.

How did Kienan get home safe? And other questions
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/09/11/how-did-kienan-get-home-safe-and-other-questions

With the ordeal over, police have a lot of questions to answer

http://www.vancouversun.com/With+ordeal+over+police+have+questions+answer/5387240/story.html

I wanted to quote craftybatchy's post from the previous thread.
Crafty said:
On the off chance that the child had wandered and was on his own in the area and tried to return, they felt he would have been scared off if there were sirens and a lot of big vehicles, media trucks, flashing strobes, etc.

I also believe that the home phone was taken over and rerouted to a LE line in the event that the suspect did try to call the family. There was likely remote surveillance as well.

At some point early yesterday evening, two of the largest Facebook groups were requested to remove any comments which the suspect might perceive as threatening to his safety. LE wanted to make it abundantly clear to the suspect that should he chose to return Kienan, it was safe to do so (he would not be tarred, feather, drawn, and quartered,etc.)

I do not believe the parents had an active role in this child's disappearance. For those who commented about the father's demeanor, there is a reason behind that. He is well versed in dealing with the public, both as a real estate agent and investor. He is likely accustomed to interacting with public officials and media. He did cry - openly and on more than one occasion as did his wife (Kienan's mother) TH. You could see the tears dripping from his chin.

We are all elated that Kienan is home and apparently physically/sexually unharmed. I am in no way minimizing the wrong which was committed or the harm done to this child, his family, and the community in general. But (and a big one at that)....

Randall Hopley's life was pretty much over the moment he was born. He was intellectually disabled, functionally illiterate, and very socially awkward. His mother put him in foster care but kept all of his siblings (how is that for rejection). He did at one time have a birthmark on his forehead near the hairline which was removed surgically, leaving him with obvious scarring on the right side of his face above his cheekbone and eyebrow. He has obviously dysmorphic facial features suggestive of some sort of congenital syndrome in addition to prenatal alcohol exposure.

Thank you so much for the insight, Crafty...particularly the background on RH. It's great to get background info from a local.

Regardless of his background and I don't want to sound like a mean B but Hopley should NOT be on the streets. He's committed crimes in the past and most recently and no doubt if not caught, he will reoffend again.

Time to lock him up. Many children grow up in foster homes, have it rough growing up, abused sexaully and mentally, some living on the streets.

He's not the first and won't be the last. You commit a crime, you pay. Period.

I intentionally abstained from all media yesterday, because I can't bear the heartache of re-living 9/11.
And now I find that a miracle occurred on 9/11. I am so thankful!
I will celebrate this miracle each anniversary now. It has restored a bit of faith in humanity!

Regardless of his background and I don't want to sound like a mean B but Hopley should NOT be on the streets. He's committed crimes in the past and most recently and no doubt if not caught, he will reoffend again.

Time to lock him up. Many children grow up in foster homes, have it rough growing up, abused sexaully and mentally, some living on the streets.

He's not the first and won't be the last. You commit a crime, you pay. Period.

No he shouldn't be on the streets but it does start to explain his personality a little which is interesting to me.

As they said yesterday, this never happens where a child is returned. Unharmed too. I want to understand.

What happened last night? Was Randall spotted? False alarm? TIA

What happened last night? Was Randall spotted? False alarm? TIA

Jury is still out.

The only information we have, is in the Scanner Thread for Kienan. Definitely sounded like they were flushing him out, but, it seems LE quickly shut down the live feed, and it never came back on. Around 9 pm ish last night.

Haven't seen any updates in MSM.

This is for the vast number of LEO's who are surely bone tired, and still in pursuit of the POI in this case, in addition to the Scannerettes who have been monitoring in the PL. Let today be the day:

425606918_749804d755.jpg

Great insight from craftybatchy!

I am getting really tired of the media saying "how did he get back in undetected" all over the news, it almost has a accusatory tone to it, and no one can criticize the way the police handled this IMO - Kienan is home safe, and that was the ultimate goal. Had it not been for the police, the family, and everyone else conducting themselves EXACTLY the way they did this would not have had the same happy ending IMO.

This man is sick and needs help - He needs to be off of the streets and in the care of professionals. Reading Craftybatchy's insights furthers my train of thought, that he just wanted a "family" - because he never had a proper one. He is trying to heal past hurts and wounds and seeking happiness and needs help - a healthy, sane person does not do it by stealing other peoples children in the middle of the night. Someone who tries to do that is obviously not someone who needs to be walking around the streets free.

This just goes to show, that if you hurt your kids - you hurt society. Randall was failed by his mother, the system, and society beginning the day he was conceived.. and this is the repercussion of that failure.

I just had this crazy thought. Maybe Kienan and Hopley didn't go very far and when the family moved to the neighbour's home, Hopley decided to go back in?? Could they have been inside the house for the 3 days whilst everyone was looking for them?

This is what brought me to that possibility. bbm

Police do not know how the suspect got to the Hebert home, but at about 3 a.m. Sunday, he returned to the site of the kidnapping and let Kienan go. The Hebert home was empty at the time as the family was staying with friends nearby, police said. The abductor then called 911 to inform police of the child’s whereabouts.

Paul Hebert said he arrived to find his son sleeping on the couch.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/return+mysterious+abduction/5384761/story.html

We must not forget Hopley's priors. Sorry. I do NOT feel sorry for this guy. Yes, he didn't harm Kienan but he had no right to take him in the first place.

Enough of treating this creep like he's some sort of hero. He's a criminal, a thief, a sex offender.

And yes, I'd like to know how he ended up back at the Hebert's residence. It's a mystery everyone wants to know including the professionals who will study this case.

I just had this crazy thought. Maybe Kienan and Hopley didn't go very far and when the family moved to the neighbour's home, Hopley decided to go back in?? Could they have been inside the house for the 3 days whilst everyone was looking for them?

This is what brought me to that possibility. bbm

http://www.theprovince.com/news/return+mysterious+abduction/5384761/story.html

I think the Province made an error - by all other accounts, Keinan was sitting up on the couch wide awake.

But you could be right.. they could have gone back in the home at some point throughout this... OR.. Hopley is still where they were hiding and the police can't find it. I bet it is in total plain sight... It's somewhere VERY close to the home IMO, or there is no way he would have been able to get that child back in the house undetected..

Just a reminder how dangerous this guy is.

In November 2007, Hopley was charged with break and enter, unlawful confinement and attempted abduction, confirmed Crown spokesman Neil MacKenzie. The indictment for the case indicates the complainant was under 16 years old.

Hopley pleaded guilty to the break and enter and was sentenced to 18 months in jail, but the unlawful confinement and attempted abduction were stayed over concerns about evidence, said MacKenzie.

In the mid-1980s, Hopley was convicted of sexual assault and sentenced to two years in federal prison, the National Parole Board confirmed. The board didn't have details about what happened or the age of the victim because parole records are destroyed after 10 years.

This past June, Hopley was sentenced to two months in jail and two months of probation after he was convicted of an assault that occurred in Sparwood in April.

Sherry Benko, chairwoman of the Sparwood Public Library board, said they recently banned Hopley from the premises after he allegedly assaulted a woman outside its doors.

"She was bleeding and she had to go to hospital," said Benko.

"We've had issues with him. Two of my staff had to go to court and he was convicted of assault last year."

Hopley was also convicted in 2006 for a break-and-enter in Sparwood, for which he received a conditional sentence of nine months, according to court records.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/0...spect-amber-alert-kienan-hebert_n_953756.html

We must not forget Hopley's priors. Sorry. I do NOT feel sorry for this guy. Yes, he didn't harm Kienan but he had no right to take him in the first place.

Enough of treating this creep like he's some sort of hero. He's a criminal, a thief, a sex offender.

And yes, I'd like to know how he ended up back at the Hebert's residence. It's a mystery everyone wants to know including the professionals who will study this case.

I do feel sorry for him in a sense, but I don't know if that's the right word. I just know that had he not been born mentally handicapped, or been exposed to FAS, and if he grown up surrounded by love & acceptance,(three things he had zero control over) he would not have become the person he is. That doesn't make me believe any less that he is a danger to society being out - as he has proven. I just think that it was inevitable that he turned out this way based on his background.

The Hebert home is in a new area of Whiskey Jack Resort, a sort of subdivision in Sparwood. There are not a lot of trees around the home & it is fairly exposed. No outbuildings either so as far as opportunities to hide in and around their property - not much.

<modsnip>.

What I will say is this .... Comments made by Dan Moskaluk (E div, Media Liason) really gave me pause and once I can find the clip I will see how I can either post or link to it. He stated 'Randall, I saw what you did and it was the most amazing thing ever'. This leads me to believe that RCMP did have the house under remote surveillance on the suspicion that Hopley might try and return to the scene. I feel they were very concerned about a hostage type situation or some sort of ransom demand. Paul Hebert actually sent out a message to everyone on his Facebook list asking (at the request of RCMP) that people NOT contribute to a reward fund. LE did not want a bounty hunt which would obviously put the child in danger.

I think the Province made an error - by all other accounts, Keinan was sitting up on the couch wide awake.

But you could be right.. they could have gone back in the home at some point throughout this... OR.. Hopley is still where they were hiding and the police can't find it. I bet it is in total plain sight... It's somewhere VERY close to the home IMO, or there is no way he would have been able to get that child back in the house undetected..

I'm surprised they haven't located his car either.

The Hebert home is in a new area of Whiskey Jack Resort, a sort of subdivision in Sparwood. There are not a lot of trees around the home & it is fairly exposed. No outbuildings either so as far as opportunities to hide in and around their property - not much.

<modsnip>.

What I will say is this .... Comments made by Dan Moskaluk (E div, Media Liason) really gave me pause and once I can find the clip I will see how I can either post or link to it. He stated 'Randall, I saw what you did and it was the most amazing thing ever'. This leads me to believe that RCMP did have the house under remote surveillance on the suspicion that Hopley might try and return to the scene. I feel they were very concerned about a hostage type situation or some sort of ransom demand. Paul Hebert actually sent out a message to everyone on his Facebook list asking (at the request of RCMP) that people NOT contribute to a reward fund. LE did not want a bounty hunt which would obviously put the child in danger.

I think you are right as well.. Also when he said "You have my cell number".. I think that said something right there as well.

I'm surprised they haven't located his car either.

That's a doozy right there.. It's like he took the child and went right to where he was going and stayed put.

Does anyone know how close the previous abduction attempt was in relation to the home of the Heberts?

<modsnip>.

JMO, I don't think he meant it literally. I think he was trying to soften the crime by pleading to him so he would surrender. Don't you think if they had him under surveillance they would have him by now? Even if they were afraid of a hostage situation, they would've grabbed him as soon as he left the residence.

I don't want this guy getting any leniency because he didn't harm Kienan. I'm grateful Kienan wasn't harmed but others were and he should get what's coming to him once caught.

<modsnip>.

Here is the statement he made that you are referring to..

"I'm pretty sure that we were having a conversation with you yesterday, or at least you and Paul did have a conversation, because we saw what you did," said Moskaluk, addressing Hopley directly. "So from the bottom of all our hearts, thank you for bringing Kienan Hebert home and reuniting him with his family."

"It was a tremendous thing that you did for them, OK, Randall? And it's perfectly clear.

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/...nks-god-and-abductor-for-kienan-s-safe-return

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back