Deceased/Not Found Canada - Kristy Nguyen, 25 & Quoc Tran, 37, Toronto (Markham) 18 Sep 2021 *arrest*

dotr

Reaction score
missingpairsept22-e1632317797205.jpg

Kristy Nguyen, 25, and Quoc Tran, 37, both of Markham, were last seen Sept. 18, 2021.
Sept 22 2021
Concern grows for Markham couple missing since weekend | Toronto Sun
''Cops say it is out of character for Kristy Nguyen, 25, and Quoc Tran, 37, both of Markham, to not contact family.''

''The pair, who are both Asian, were last seen in the area of Hwy. 7 E. and Warden Ave. on Sept. 18 around 4:50 p.m.

“Investigators are growing increasingly concerned for their well-being,” police said in a release''

''Nguyen is described as 5-foot-4 and 120 pounds with long black hair and brown eyes.

Tran is described as 5-foot-8 and 170 pounds with spiked black hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information is asked to call police at 1-866-876-5423 ext. 7865 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).''

Very strange. I just looked at the approx. area on google maps and there doesn't seem to be a ton of things in that area. There is a relatively close strip shopping center but that's about it.

I wonder if they were seen walking or in a vehicle. Also, does anyone know if there is a train near that area?

ASSISTANCE SOUGHT TO LOCATE MISSING COUPLE FROM MARKHAM

''York Regional Police is seeking public assistance to locate a 37-year-old man and 25-year-old woman missing from the City of Markham.

They were in the area of Highway 7 East and Warden Avenue around 4:50 p.m., on September 18th.

Investigators have not been able to locate TRAN and NGUYEN and it is out of character for the couple not to contact family.

Investigators are growing increasingly concerned for their well-being.
MISSING:
Quoc TRAN
  • Male, Asian
  • 37 years
  • 5’8”, 170 lbs.
  • Spiked black hair, brown eyes
MISSING:
Kristy NGUYEN
  • Female, Asian
  • 25 years
  • 5’4”, 120 lbs.
  • Long black hair, brown eyes
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Homicide and Missing Person Unit at 1-866-876-5423, ext.7865 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-tips or leave an anonymous tip online at www.1800222tips.com.
Prepared by: Constable Maniva Armstrong
21-323996
September 21, 2021

The reports give a fairly specific time of “around 4:50 pm” for when they were last seen at the indicated intersection.

I wish we knew more, like how they know they were there (and as others here wondered: in car, on foot?), what were they doing prior, etc. Was the 4:50pm sighting on a surveillance or traffic cam?

They seem to be dressed up for some kind of formal event in the photos. Black tie.

Maybe a black tie wedding. Why I am guessing so, is that in Kristy’s photo, you can see a wooden honey dipper and part of a jar which I think is being held by Quoc Tran—-could be a wedding favor. IMO

Question: why did police separate their photos, when, if I am not mistaken, they are posing side by side in the original photo? IMO We don’t know when this photo was taken, do we?

Maybe a black tie wedding. Why I am guessing so, is that in Kristy’s photo, you can see a wooden honey dipper and part of a jar which I think is being held by Quoc Tran—-could be a wedding favor. IMO

Question: why did police separate their photos, when, if I am not mistaken, they are posing side by side in the original photo? IMO We don’t know when this photo was taken, do we?

I've been trying to track it down. It appears Toronto has a large Vietnamese community that is quite active with charitable activities, so I was looking at the black tie fundraising galas. I haven't located any media for either of them yet.Unfortunately Nguyen and Tran are both common Vietnamese names, so there are a lot of false leads.

They seem to be dressed up for some kind of formal event in the photos. Black tie.

I'm wondering if that's just the photo that was put out and not the clothing they wore when missing.

However absolutely could be a wedding. Black is fine to wear to a Vietnamese wedding. The bride has several changes. It's a gorgeous ceremony. Yep, they give out great favors. Basically don't wear any colors the bride wears. We have a huge Vietnamese community here in South Philly.

Why the photo is separated? Sending prayers that this beautiful couple is safe.

We do not know when this photo was taken or who supplied it to police. It is highly unlikely that this is what they were wearing at the time of disappearance. If thepolice knew what they were wearing last Saturday when last seen, it would be odd for them not to disclose this detail in the press release since they are asking for the public's help to locate Tran and Nguyen.
In fact not much detail at all beyond basic description, date/time of last known and where they were supposed to be attending ('family event') later that day of disappearing.

snipped: (bolded by me)
In fact not much detail at all beyond basic description, date/time of last known and where they were supposed to be attending ('family event') later that day of disappearing.

@NaanOfYourBusiness , Can you lead me to where it said they were supposed to be attending a family event later that day? I did not know that. Thanks.

I jumped to the conclusion that those were the clothes they had been wearing, but you're right, it doesn't say that.

I hope they didn't get in an accident that hasn't been discovered yet, like skidding into water somewhere.

@carbuff I would have assumed the same. Heck you still may be right.

Brilliant and beautiful couple. Hoping they are found soon safe. Please!

I live near this area. It is an area that abuts Toronto. Toronto has eased Covid restrictions about a month ago so that we can now sit in restaurants to eat. They and banquet halls and churches had been closed to groups since November. It is unlikely that the photos are from a recent black tie event unless very recent or small. This is a very low key missing persons case here and I wonder why there is so little info. Perhaps their families do not know the nature of their relationship or are private people. Toronto/Markham are very diverse cities with a number of large ethnicities such as Hong Kong, mainland Chinese, Philipinos, Indian as well as Vietnamese so their ethnicity is not as noticeable to those who live here.
The area they were last seen has a hotel, a plaza and a traffic camera. There are traffic cameras all along Highway 7.
I haven't been on this site in ages so hope my info is in keeping with what might be helpful.

snipped: (bolded by me)

@NaanOfYourBusiness , Can you lead me to where it said they were supposed to be attending a family event later that day? I did not know that. Thanks.

I couldn't find this detail in print on the internet but that's because the YRP news release picked up by media outlets lacked any substantive detail.

This is from the local CTV news ...

"They were to attend a family gathering on that day. However they did not arrive. They failed to show up. This is unusual for the couple and the family became quite concerned when they were not able to have any sort of communication or contact with the couple." - York Regional Police Constable M.Armstrong

She also confirmed that the couple were in a romantic relationship and lived together in the city of Markham.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back