Canada - Laura Babcock, 23, Toronto, 26 June 2012

Discussion in 'Timothy Bosma' started by bessie, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lindsay7136

Lindsay7136 New Member

But wasn't it claimed by the friends that nothing was done (DM not interviewed, etc)? Do we know they actually are using resources and not just saying the case is open because of SL's push to go to the media? From the reports I heard, they didn't confirm what the search on the farm was - just that it was related to LB/WM. I'm not saying this is the most likely scenario, but it is a possibility.

2. Lindsay7136

Lindsay7136 New Member

There's a video that shows the entire phone bill and then zooms in on the last ones...I'll try to find the link.

EDIT: Here's the link:
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...id=rss1&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Here you go:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34525&d=1370022410

4. Wendy101

Wendy101 Well-Known Member

IIRC this particular search they dug 3 holes .. Looking for something in regards to their investigation of LB/WM..
    IMO.. Speaks volumes of what they are thinking...

5. MamaDukes

MamaDukes New Member

When you say "they" spoke to DM, who are "they"? The police? Her parents? Did DM really tell either that he had been selling drugs?

6. newone

newone 2nd mouse gets the cheese

7. newone

Today when I was reading the AZ located board I was surprised to see that website mentioned yet again. Whether or not is related to this case or not it's just an 'odd' coincidence.

missing women from modelmayhem site

http://www.examiner.com/article/model-mayhem-and-a-missing-woman

what's chilling is that some women have found that their photos have been uploaded to this site without their permission presumably from photographers - twice victimized

8. MamaDukes

MamaDukes New Member

It is my understanding that upon learning that LB was without a place to stay,SL had put her up in a hotel, and lent her his iPad so that she could use it to apartment hunt. Clearly they remained friends. I for one am gad that he raised the alarm

9. Carli

Carli Former Member

I recall reading that, too. Has anybody discovered which hotel that may have been? Presumably LE would have or will be interviewing staff and other guests at that establishment. I wonder if she had any visitors, etc. That's definitely very interesting, imo.

10. Blomquist

Blomquist Former Member

It also shows that if she was making calls to him, she was NOT with him. It seems more likely she was calling to reach him for some reason, possibly for help?? Why would a girl call someone she was scared of? If he had been planning to do something to her I doubt he would have missed any of her calls, would have wanted to know her location. This line of investigation does not pass the sniff test IMHO and I think its possible she is either willingly staying out of reach or has stumbled upon something (as her friend said she had written something to her about people she knew which did not sound right) and has been silenced. IMHO. Also IMHO I think there is a ring of sinister activity ...and some are involved by force and some are involved by stumbling upon it. Those who stumble upon it are 'taken out of the equation' ...just another theory....but thats one of 'em ... JMO

11. Lindsay7136

Lindsay7136 New Member

12. Lindsay7136

Lindsay7136 New Member

Modelmayhem is a pretty big site, so in my opinion it's a leap to say that all of the disappearances would be connected. However, given the nature of the site, it is a good way to lure people out if the model is not careful about researching a supposed photographer first. Can't remember if someone's posted this already, but was there a profile for LB there?

13. Rubberduckie

Rubberduckie New Member

14. Blomquist

Blomquist Former Member

Seems odd that they would just take someone telling them they sold someone drugs. That would be grounds for multiple charges being laid right there. Something is very 'wrong' with this case and IMHO nothing is at all as it seems to be.

15. newone

bbm

That's what I was trying to recall too - I do recall that site being cited in one of posts and linking photos etc. I just don't know it this information is 'coincidental' or not.

16. Lindsay7136

Lindsay7136 New Member

I don't recall it being related to LB (but I might have missed another link to her profile?). There was a post on Modelmayhem about a photo shoot at the Pearson Millardair Hangar before it was shutdown.
    Was the person you linked to involved in that photoshoot? Otherwise, I don't see the connection (just having a profile on that site doesn't seem like a strong connection to me).

17. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

To my knowledge, LB did not post on modelmayhem. If she did, it was never posted here. The site was mentioned in relation to the photoshoot in the hangar, but the model was not LB. Unless that model is missing, there's no coincidence. :)

This doesn't apply to LB, but as an aside, it seems more and more we note missing/murdered young women with profiles on mm and similar sites.

18. newone

Thanks Bessie -- couldn't recall which femme associated with DM was on the mayhem site.

19. dumpater

dumpater Active Member

breaking news everyone.. police update today at 230 in regards to this case

Katie Simpson tweeted it as did CTV and CP24

20. Coldpizza

Coldpizza Retired WS Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.