Canada - Laura Babcock, 23, Toronto, 26 June 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Toronto Star indicates that Laura's calls to DM did not go unanswered.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201..._dellen_millards_farm_due_to_bad_weather.html

This is where I find the earlier statement by x-bf odd when he says the LE never followed up when he gave them the phone records. I can't believe that they never spoke to DM about the phone calls in the first place as they did originally report her as a missing person in July 2012. The way I am reading his statement with the media is that he is stating that the LE never talked to DM. :moo:

The Toronto Star indicates that Laura's calls to DM did not go unanswered.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201..._dellen_millards_farm_due_to_bad_weather.html

Perhaps I wasn't clear with my earlier suggestion that LB's series of 1 minute calls to DM went unanswered. By this I meant there is no suggestion that she RECEIVED a call from him in return. Of course, a call picked up by his machine would be recorded as having been received or "answered" on her phone bill. Incidentally, imo, if she split with her bf six months previously why was he still tailing her every move? We know she was also estranged from her parents. IMO, given both those circumstances and the wee bit more we've learned about her, she may have had reasons that were perfectly valid to her to put lots of space between herself, her family, and that old bf, IMO. That is not to say she may not have come to harm. It IS to say there appears to be no evidence at this point that DM murdered her, at least none that is available to us, imo.

There can be no greater anxiety, imo, than to be the relative of someone who is missing; few more dreadful crimes than the kidnapping and willful confinement of another; and no more heinous act than the murder of an innocent, IMO While the prosecutor's task is no doubt more difficult when there is no dead body found to confirm that a murder did, in fact take place, a conviction is possible even in that absence. The literature also confirms many instances where a murder conviction has been upheld but the "victim" has turned up alive and well many years later , having gone underground for all sorts of reasons that were important to her. IMO that's one reason why any rush to judgement on the part of the public should be tempered. Public outcry absolutely influences the court, imo, and can lead to a gross miscarriage of justice, IMO. It can completely serve to reverse the assignment of "victim" in such cases, potentially incarcerating an innocent for years. Fortunately, IMO, in Canada, we don't have a death penalty, so it is possible to overturn a verdict in the event that the previously "murdered" eventually shows up hale and hearty, imo.

I think if Laura was alive and hiding out from certian relationships, she would have called LE by now to say she is alive and well..

I think if Laura was alive and hiding out from certian relationships, she would have called LE by now to say she is alive and well..

Possibly. But then, MOO, do we know she hasn't? One could also consider that she could, either then or now, be engaged in activities that she may not wish to bring to LE attention, MOO. It must be very tricky to be in LE shoes when there's a report of a missing adult and little to no evidence of a crime having been committed, imo.

This is where I find the earlier statement by x-bf odd when he says the LE never followed up when he gave them the phone records. I can't believe that they never spoke to DM about the phone calls in the first place as they did originally report her as a missing person in July 2012. The way I am reading his statement with the media is that he is stating that the LE never talked to DM. :moo:

Yes. IMO, how could he know that? Perhaps LE will release more information about their initial or current investigation eventually, or it will come up at trial. You mention they reported her as a missing person in July 2012? However, it's my understanding that she has never been on the "official" missing person's list and still isn't.

http://www.canadasmissing.ca/index-eng.htm

If the phone calls were only a minute in length, maybe DM picked up her calls and then hung up right away or quickly thereafter.

I'm looking further up on the phone bill picture - can anyone tell if call #235 (Jul 1, 18:57) is to DM as well? The pic I have is rather blurry, but it looks like it may be the same number and may say it was 21 mins. Not certain on this as the picture I have is not 100% clear.

Yes. IMO, how could he know that? Perhaps LE will release more information about their initial or current investigation eventually, or it will come up at trial. You mention they reported her as a missing person in July 2012? However, it's my understanding that she has never been on the "official" missing person's list and still isn't.

She was reported missing in July 2012. See attached, and the first post in this thread. Also the pdf at this link.

http://t.co/m0GBINT8

Apparently not all MP's in Canada make it to the list.

Current cases listed on this website represent a sampling of missing persons and unidentified remains investigations in Canada as submitted by the investigating police agency, coroners and medical examiners. The primary investigator, coroner or medical examiner determines which cases can be displayed on the website.

Attachments

• babcock missing bulletin-1.JPG
    babcock missing bulletin-1.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 16
  • babcock missing bulletin-2.JPG
    babcock missing bulletin-2.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 10
After LB's last call to DM on July 3, the next and last call on her phone records say "Voice Mail". There are no other entries that say that. Does that mean she called her own voice mail on that date?

I'm looking further up on the phone bill picture - can anyone tell if call #235 (Jul 1, 18:57) is from DM as well? The pic I have is rather blurry, but it looks like it may be the same number and may say it was 21 mins. Not certain on this as the picture I have is not 100% clear.
It looks that way to me.

See if the attached picture is clearer than the one you have.

Reference video here at approx. 1:52

http://www.theloop.ca/news/ctvnews/...robe-link-between-Bosma-suspect-missing-woman

and here at approx. 1:40

Attachments

• babcock phone log.jpg
    babcock phone log.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 188
Sunday, July 1 at 18:57 looks like a 23 minute call to DM.

After LB's last call to DM on July 3, the next and last call on her phone records say "Voice Mail". There are no other entries that say that. Does that mean she called her own voice mail on that date?
I'm pretty certain that's what it means, sb.

I'm looking further up on the phone bill picture - can anyone tell if call #235 (Jul 1, 18:57) is from DM as well? The pic I have is rather blurry, but it looks like it may be the same number and may say it was 21 mins. Not certain on this as the picture I have is not 100% clear.
<bbm>

Just to clarify for the record ... that was an "Out" call to DM', not "Inc".

And yes, a big zoom shows it was 21:00 mins.

Do the "incoming" calls actually not show up on the bill, or have they been blanked out for some reason?

Sunday, July 1 at 18:57 looks like a 23 minute call to DM.

Yes, it's hard to tell whether 21:00 or 23:00 ... but it is one or t'other, depending on what angle you hold your head, LOL.

<bbm>

Do the "incoming" calls actually not show up on the bill, or have they been blanked out for some reason?

The source of incoming calls don't show on the bill. We would need to see DM's bills to see if he dialed her number at any of those "incoming" times.

I know the phone company has additional data (like the actual duration of each call, to the second) but I'm not sure if this additional data would include the incoming telephone number.

If you read the 'about' on Canada's Missing, only certain cases go onto the list made available on that website and always at the request of a police department. Those cases that are made available to the public on that website have options for the public to send in tips or information.

<bbm>

Oops, I don't know why I wrote from! I'll see if I can go back and edit to avoid any confusion.

Sorry if I someone has already suggested this, but I didn't see it in this thread, so I thought I'd mention it.
Is it possible she's in witness protection? I don't know much about how this works, but I would guess the police may know this but would have to still pretend she's missing. I would also assume SL would not be informed of this, but maybe her parents would?

I don't think that they would waste time and money on the search if she was in a witness protection program, or if she had let them know that she didn't want to be found. They can't use precious resources on fake work. They believe that foul play is a possibility or we would never have heard anything more about LB.

I see a few posts about Laura's phone records but can't find a source link. Can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA.

I see a few posts about Laura's phone records but can't find a source link. Can anyone point me in the right direction? TIA.

I think it may have been pulled from TV coverage by a sleuther:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209524&page=2

I only see the last 8 calls here, though, the ones most frequently mentioned. There must be another bill scan out there somewhere because people are referring to a longer call on July 1. These last ones all seem like pestering answering machine messages to me, imo. Frankly, imo, if that long call really was from LB asking for money, drugs and/or someplace to live, and if he really did turn her down, the flurry of later calls makes perfect sense MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23