Canada - Laura Babcock, 23, Toronto, 26 June 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that they would waste time and money on the search if she was in a witness protection program, or if she had let them know that she didn't want to be found. They can't use precious resources on fake work. They believe that foul play is a possibility or we would never have heard anything more about LB.

But wasn't it claimed by the friends that nothing was done (DM not interviewed, etc)? Do we know they actually are using resources and not just saying the case is open because of SL's push to go to the media? From the reports I heard, they didn't confirm what the search on the farm was - just that it was related to LB/WM. I'm not saying this is the most likely scenario, but it is a possibility.

I think it may have been pulled from TV coverage by a sleuther:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209524&page=2

I only see the last 8 calls here, though, the ones most frequently mentioned. There must be another bill scan out there somewhere because people are referring to a longer call on July 1. These last ones all seem like pestering answering machine messages to me, imo. Frankly, imo, if that long call really was from LB asking for money, drugs and/or someplace to live, and if he really did turn her down, the flurry of later calls makes perfect sense MOO.

There's a video that shows the entire phone bill and then zooms in on the last ones...I'll try to find the link.

EDIT: Here's the link:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...id=rss1&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I only see the last 8 calls here, though, the ones most frequently mentioned. There must be another bill scan out there somewhere because people are referring to a longer call on July 1. These last ones all seem like pestering answering machine messages to me, imo. Frankly, imo, if that long call really was from LB asking for money, drugs and/or someplace to live, and if he really did turn her down, the flurry of later calls makes perfect sense MOO.

Here you go:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34525&d=1370022410

But wasn't it claimed by the friends that nothing was done (DM not interviewed, etc)? Do we know they actually are using resources and not just saying the case is open because of SL's push to go to the media? From the reports I heard, they didn't confirm what the search on the farm was - just that it was related to LB/WM. I'm not saying this is the most likely scenario, but it is a possibility.

IIRC this particular search they dug 3 holes .. Looking for something in regards to their investigation of LB/WM..
IMO.. Speaks volumes of what they are thinking...

Her parents did report her missing. I know a lot of the time it isn't the fault of the police, but in this case, I really believe they could have done more. The family pushed the police to investigate, as did many others. The police actually did nothing. For example, they didn't obtain a subpoena for the serial number of an iPad SL lent to Laura, when doing so could give a clue as to her whereabouts. They spoke to DM, who said Laura had been buying drugs from him, and took his word for it without digging any further into whether or not she even used drugs as he alleged .

When you say "they" spoke to DM, who are "they"? The police? Her parents? Did DM really tell either that he had been selling drugs?

Today when I was reading the AZ located board I was surprised to see that website mentioned yet again. Whether or not is related to this case or not it's just an 'odd' coincidence.

missing women from modelmayhem site

http://www.examiner.com/article/model-mayhem-and-a-missing-woman

what's chilling is that some women have found that their photos have been uploaded to this site without their permission presumably from photographers - twice victimized

Incidentally, imo, if she split with her bf six months previously why was he still tailing her every move? .

It is my understanding that upon learning that LB was without a place to stay,SL had put her up in a hotel, and lent her his iPad so that she could use it to apartment hunt. Clearly they remained friends. I for one am gad that he raised the alarm

It is my understanding that upon learning that LB was without a place to stay,SL had put her up in a hotel, and lent her his iPad so that she could use it to apartment hunt. Clearly they remained friends. I for one am gad that he raised the alarm

I recall reading that, too. Has anybody discovered which hotel that may have been? Presumably LE would have or will be interviewing staff and other guests at that establishment. I wonder if she had any visitors, etc. That's definitely very interesting, imo.

It also shows that if she was making calls to him, she was NOT with him. It seems more likely she was calling to reach him for some reason, possibly for help?? Why would a girl call someone she was scared of? If he had been planning to do something to her I doubt he would have missed any of her calls, would have wanted to know her location. This line of investigation does not pass the sniff test IMHO and I think its possible she is either willingly staying out of reach or has stumbled upon something (as her friend said she had written something to her about people she knew which did not sound right) and has been silenced. IMHO. Also IMHO I think there is a ring of sinister activity ...and some are involved by force and some are involved by stumbling upon it. Those who stumble upon it are 'taken out of the equation' ...just another theory....but thats one of 'em ... JMO

Today when I was reading the AZ located board I was surprised to see that website mentioned yet again. Whether or not is related to this case or not it's just an 'odd' coincidence.

missing women from modelmayhem site

http://www.examiner.com/article/model-mayhem-and-a-missing-woman

what's chilling is that some women have found that their photos have been uploaded to this site without their permission presumably from photographers - twice victimized

Modelmayhem is a pretty big site, so in my opinion it's a leap to say that all of the disappearances would be connected. However, given the nature of the site, it is a good way to lure people out if the model is not careful about researching a supposed photographer first. Can't remember if someone's posted this already, but was there a profile for LB there?

When you say "they" spoke to DM, who are "they"? The police? Her parents? Did DM really tell either that he had been selling drugs?

Seems odd that they would just take someone telling them they sold someone drugs. That would be grounds for multiple charges being laid right there. Something is very 'wrong' with this case and IMHO nothing is at all as it seems to be.

Modelmayhem is a pretty big site, so in my opinion it's a leap to say that all of the disappearances would be connected. However, given the nature of the site, it is a good way to lure people out if the model is not careful about researching a supposed photographer first. Can't remember if someone's posted this already, but was there a profile for LB there?

bbm

That's what I was trying to recall too - I do recall that site being cited in one of posts and linking photos etc. I just don't know it this information is 'coincidental' or not.

bbm

That's what I was trying to recall too - I do recall that site being cited in one of posts and linking photos etc. I just don't know it this information is 'coincidental' or not.

I don't recall it being related to LB (but I might have missed another link to her profile?). There was a post on Modelmayhem about a photo shoot at the Pearson Millardair Hangar before it was shutdown.
Was the person you linked to involved in that photoshoot? Otherwise, I don't see the connection (just having a profile on that site doesn't seem like a strong connection to me).

bbm

To my knowledge, LB did not post on modelmayhem. If she did, it was never posted here. The site was mentioned in relation to the photoshoot in the hangar, but the model was not LB. Unless that model is missing, there's no coincidence. :)

This doesn't apply to LB, but as an aside, it seems more and more we note missing/murdered young women with profiles on mm and similar sites.

Thanks Bessie -- couldn't recall which femme associated with DM was on the mayhem site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong