CANADA Canada - Laura Huebner 47, Victoria Inter Airport, poss in Nanaimo, Vancouver, BC, 24 Apr 2022

1653697095544.png
Laura Huebner. (Laura Huebner/Facebook)
May 26, 2022

''It was only supposed to be a brief trip but instead, people close to the 45-year-old woman are left wondering what happened. Huebner hasn’t been seen since April 24.

Danika Wright is a close friend of Huebner’s and says they were making big plans together for when she returned.

“We were talking about working together,” Wright said. “We both still work in costumes and we talked about the possibility of working on a movie this summer and she was excited about the opportunity.

“She’s high energy, really motivated and driven. She is so passionate about fashion and all the things that go with it.”

Huebner caught a plane from Regina heading for Victoria on April 24, with plans to return to the Queen City less than a week later.

Wright says the trip was something her friend had been looking forward to.

“She told me she needed a break. First of all, there was COVID, she lost her mom and she’s been working all these jobs,” Wright said. “She just wanted to have some fun and just have a holiday.

“She definitely was planning to come back.”

Gosh, I just cannot believe Laura has not been found. I know they indicated they have a boat she may have been on but they should know by now if she was ever on that boat and whose boat it was. It’s true the RCMP keep everything close to the vest but ... really ... we should be hearing something by now! Moo

I can't understand why RCMP have not made more appeals for her whereabouts, keeping her name and photos in the news.

I have to think they have a lot of information and maybe a perp and they have been trying to play it cool to get the info they need.

I'm hoping she's been kidnapped and there is a ransom or something like that.

The person mentioned in the comments on that post definitely has a concerning history to say the least. He doesn't actually own the boat as they in the thread though so who know if he's really involved at this point.

Registration records for the boat showing it's not owned by the person mentioned in that post. At least not officially. This doesn't necessarily mean the actual owner is involved in any way.

Highly recommend the comments here if you're reading about this case at all!
This man is a psychopath... I hope he has nothing to do with Laura but unfortunately the clues point otherwise :'(

Yep. And he has commented on her FB posts in the past.

I think they know the who, just not the how or where. This is terrible. That poor woman.

It's as though there is some secret to all of this. As if she wanted to disappear and her family and LE are not concerned about it, or ...I dunno.

Does Canada have a Witness Protection Program?
Yes we do have a witness protection program.

I highly doubt any connection. The 90 lb body with missing teeth was found May 2nd in a dry docked boat on the mainland (as opposed to the Island) a week after Laura disappeared. As Laura was described as weighing 140 lbs, the weight is way off. The unfortunate deceased woman was possibly a homeless person, “at this time, her death is not considered suspicious, police said.”.

If by now someone has ID‘d this person, especially if foul play didn’t occur (instead for example, cod death by drug od), it’d be unlikely LE would have cause to announce that information.

Last edited:
Bumping this up, anyone see anything new?
Thanks for bumping, no nothing new that i can find, the latest link also includes other missing persons from the area...
July 12 2022
''Among a multitude of missing persons reported – then quickly found – in the region each year, a handful of modern mysteries remain.

On April 24, Laura Huebner got off a flight from Saskatchewan and was last seen at Victoria International Airport in North Saanich. Police believe she travelled to Nanaimo that day. Since then, there have been no other confirmed sightings.

Huebner, 47, was reported missing on April 29. She is 5’8” and about 140 pounds with blond hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a white jacket and a white hoodie.''

I highly doubt any connection. The 90 lb body with missing teeth was found May 2nd in a dry docked boat on the mainland (as opposed to the Island) a week after Laura disappeared. As Laura was described as weighing 140 lbs, the weight is way off. The unfortunate deceased woman was possibly a homeless person, “at this time, her death is not considered suspicious, police said.”.

If by now someone has ID‘d this person, especially if foul play didn’t occur (instead for example, cod death by drug od), it’d be unlikely LE would have cause to announce that information.
No, it's not her. Comparing the sketch with photos of Laura, the shape of the noses don't match, imo. Laura's nose is more shapely (for a lack of a better word), while the woman in the sketch has a straighter nose. Also, the woman in the sketch is said to have dark, curly hair. Laura is blonde with straight hair.

This is such a frustrating case. It would be great to get it on a podcast or something to raise awareness but there's so little to go on. It would need an investigative journalist type of podcaster to gather enough pieces of this puzzle to make an episode on Laura's case, imo. Even hearing more from her friends and family would be great if they would like that.

I'm wondering if there's a chance there's a connection between these cases. Both women are in a similar age range, both blonde and both disappearances linked with the Nanaimo area. I believe Amber was headed in that direction and so was Laura. Both also seem to have vanished without a trace from what we do know. I'm not saying they are for sure connected or that there's any connection at all, it's just a thought more than a theory at this point.

CANADA - Canada - Amber Manthorne Missing from Port Alberni, BC

I'm wondering if there's a chance there's a connection between these cases. Both women are in a similar age range, both blonde and both disappearances linked with the Nanaimo area. I believe Amber was headed in that direction and so was Laura. Both also seem to have vanished without a trace from what we do know. I'm not saying they are for sure connected or that there's any connection at all, it's just a thought more than a theory at this point.

CANADA - Canada - Amber Manthorne Missing from Port Alberni, BC
I also had this thought. I've read rumours and won't post here but it involves cereal iykwim. In the case of Amber it seems that most suspect her ex bf of being involved.

It's spooky how many people go missing from Vancouver Island! Enough that I'd be afraid for my safety if I were on my own. Laura had been missing for awhile now with no clues, hopefully something turns up soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back