Identified! Canada - Laurentian Hills, WhtMale 28-40, 334UMON, eyeglasses, Sep'01 - Name withheld

lucchesi_todd.jpg

Todd Edward Lucchesi
http://nampn.org/cases/lucchesi_todd.html

Looks pretty close, it would be so interesting to finally learn the true identity of this man!

I can zoom in IUD morgue pictures by a lot and you can see lots of detail; some things that look like moles seems to be dried blood, IMO. I can do even bigger images if you want me to, no problem :)

However Raymond's picture gets all distorted when zoomed-in. I wish we had a better quality picture of Raymond, and ITA that having a picture of him smiling will help.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Definitely not Ray. I was his best friend at the time of his disappearance and I'd know him if I saw him

Definitely not Ray. I was his best friend at the time of his disappearance and I'd know him if I saw him

Welcome to Ws. Mason Rocco and thanks so much for that input.
Should a thread be started for your friend Raymond, where do you think he might be?

Thinking of Toronto film festival which happens this time of year and Brett Stone who was discovered this time of year.
Here is someone who was meant to attend the Cannes film festival but is now missing...

http://missingalert.blogspot.ca/2011/01/konrad-kijanski.html

" Konrad Kijanski (Kijański)
Nationality: Polish

Date of disappearance: May 1999
Age at the time : 22

Height: 186cm
Eyes: blue

Konrad went missing during summer holidays in Spain. His intention was to go to the Cannes Film Festival but he never got there. From that moment on the contact with him broke off"

Thinking of Toronto film festival which happens this time of year and Brett Stone who was discovered this time of year.
Here is someone who was meant to attend the Cannes film festival but is now missing...

http://missingalert.blogspot.ca/2011/01/konrad-kijanski.html

" Konrad Kijanski (Kijański)
Nationality: Polish

Date of disappearance: May 1999
Age at the time : 22

Height: 186cm
Eyes: blue

Konrad went missing during summer holidays in Spain. His intention was to go to the Cannes Film Festival but he never got there. From that moment on the contact with him broke off"

I don't think it's a match dotr ... Konrad at 186 cm would be 6'1", Bret is 5'3 to 5'4, Konrad is blonde and IMO looks much younger than Bret.

Probably a longshot here, but anyone recall the "rumour" that the 911 hijackers came across the US border from Quebec into Jackman, Maine? It's been refuted by Canadian authorities, but Deep River is just across the Ottawa river from Quebec and only about 450 miles / 8 hr drive to Jackman. Am thinking of the timing a few days before 9/11, location not far from Chalk River facilities, and Bret having absolutely no ID.

This is a long time to be UID. Where is this man's family and friends ... and why has nobody recognized him?

Not sure we mentioned this before, but Bret wore a ring on his right pinky that was an aquamarine gemstone. Aquamarine is the birthstone for someone born in March.

Bret Stone -Unidentified Male found Deep River, Ontario September 5, 2001​

Until my family or friends can identify me, you can call me Bret Stone.

On September 5, 2001, six days before the tragedy of 9/11, someone found me deceased in a wooded area near a cross country ski trail. Specifically, I was at Deep River, Ontario, on a bench in an outhouse, in a wooded rest area of cross country ski trail, in the Laurentian Hills.

It appears I had been there a couple of day before they found me. They say there was no trauma found to the body. So I guess I wasn't shot, or hurt that way. I didn't hear any findings on drugs or anything that could have been in the blood system.

I appear to have been traveling due to my possessions, well tanned body and sunburn face. Maybe I skied?​

I was wear black cotton jockey shorts, faded button fly blue jeans size 30, a black leather belt and a black T shirt. I sported triathlon socks and black small size, fairly worn running shoes.

When they found me, I had plenty of personal effects but still couldn't identify me. Check this list out:

Silver ring with aquamarine gem stone worn on right hand, little "pinky" finger

Blue "Eagle CreekTravel" nylon knapsack containing hiking items such as:

Candle lantern

Mini mag flashlight

Water container

Matches

"Levi's" pocket watch with blue face and built in compass

Luggage tag from a Costa Rican domestic airline

Plastic laundry bag from Sutton Place Hotel, Toronto

Matches from Sheraton Hotel, W Hotels (American Chain), and Barclay Hotel in Vancouver

2 Protein Bars from a G.N.C. store, more than likely from the United States

Plus my Eyeglasses that are for a near-sighted person and are described as follows:

Frame is "Koh Sakai"Model # is " KS9365"Colour is " 6CPR"Size is " 46-23-145" Right lens prescription is "2.50 -1.75 X 182"Left lens prescription is " 3.50 -1.00 X 008" There is a reflective coating on the lens which is said to be expensive.​

I think because foul play is not suspected they didn't try all that hard to figure out who I am. Yes, I'm sure they did the normal routines. However, I think more can be done to figure out my identity. Come on, I had all those personal items on me but no identification?​

Bumping with these details, unfortunately could not immediately find where it was posted that BS had acne medication and diet pills among his possessions.

Discussion concerning BS dying from `caffeine overdose..

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60257&page=4

I don't think it's a match dotr ... Konrad at 186 cm would be 6'1", Bret is 5'3 to 5'4, Konrad is blonde and IMO looks much younger than Bret.

Probably a longshot here, but anyone recall the "rumour" that the 911 hijackers came across the US border from Quebec into Jackman, Maine? It's been refuted by Canadian authorities, but Deep River is just across the Ottawa river from Quebec and only about 450 miles / 8 hr drive to Jackman. Am thinking of the timing a few days before 9/11, location not far from Chalk River facilities, and Bret having absolutely no ID.

This is a long time to be UID. Where is this man's family and friends ... and why has nobody recognized him?

Thanks for raising 9/11 SB. But you may be sorry.

My apologies in advance to everyone on this thread, particularly Carl, but I will raise my nagging thought yet again.....Bret Stone and Lyle Stevik were both found within a very, very short time period after 9/11. Their deaths both appeared to not be due to foul play. Their identities were clearly hidden. They both appeared to have been connected to weight loss in some way (stimulants; belt pulled in a number of notches). And here we are more than 12 years later, and neither of them have been identified. These are two of the strangest 'unidentified' cases here on WS that I have seen and they have so much in common. Is there a link?

I am now ready for public flogging. I know I've raised this possible connection before, but I just can't let it go even though I know it's a long shot. Let's solve at least one of these cases so that I can let my obsession go. :please:

This Doe was posted by iulia on the Lyle S thread, but thinking this young man might also be a possibility for ' Brett'..
bbm.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4272dmpei.html

" Steven Leslie O'Brien
Missing since March 20, 1993 from Charolettetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 14, 1974
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; brown eyes. Wears wire framed prescription glasses.

Clothing: White t-shirt, jeans and a burgundy winter jacket.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Steven O'Brien was last seen walking south on Queen Street in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, around 01:30 am on March 20, 1993.
He was attending the Holland College Culinary Institute when he disappeared.
The family believes if O'Brien left P.E.I., he may be in or near Toronto."

Steven has a lot of similarities to Bret, although his right ear doesn't match up very well to the post-mortem pic of Bret. I wouldn't discount it based on that though, just in case there was something over the years that could have affected its appearance.

Steven has brown eyes and Bret is listed as blue, but brown-eyed people can have their eyes appears blue after death.

I think you should send the info in to both law enforcement agencies.

Thanks for raising 9/11 SB. But you may be sorry.

My apologies in advance to everyone on this thread, particularly Carl, but I will raise my nagging thought yet again.....Bret Stone and Lyle Stevik were both found within a very, very short time period after 9/11. Their deaths both appeared to not be due to foul play. Their identities were clearly hidden. They both appeared to have been connected to weight loss in some way (stimulants; belt pulled in a number of notches). And here we are more than 12 years later, and neither of them have been identified. These are two of the strangest 'unidentified' cases here on WS that I have seen and they have so much in common. Is there a link?

I am now ready for public flogging. I know I've raised this possible connection before, but I just can't let it go even though I know it's a long shot. Let's solve at least one of these cases so that I can let my obsession go. :please:

I have looked at this man's circumstances as a result of hearing about it on the Lyle Stevik thread and I agree completely that these cases may be linked.
The fact Brett Stone had weight loss drugs with him is the key aspect that strikes me as a signifier of connection.
Also, the fact that Lyle used a motel address as a home address and chose to book into a motel to commit suicide and the coincidence that Brett Stone's possessions included numerous hotel/motel related items, as if he 'lived' in motels.
Upon reflection I imagine this scenario:
These two were companions, possibly lovers, and they were itinerants who didn't need to work and who lived in various places around the country. Perhaps they had previously traveled the world together with Brett Stone funding their journey. I say this because of the obvious expensive nature of his eyeglasses, but also because of the luggage stub from Costa Rica.
As for the caffeine and weight loss drugs, I think that they both used caffeine to stay awake when traveling through different global time zones to combat jet lag, stay awake driving, siting on buses etc and Brett Stone had become habituated to it, hence his death by overdose.
The weight loss drug was possibly Lyle Stevik's as per his recent rapid weight loss.
They were visiting Laurentian Hills together, and here Brett Stone unexpectedly died whilst using the outhouse, so Lyle Stevik took his identification and money and left him.
He didn't contact Brett Stone's family because Brett Stone was alienated completely from them because they had shunned him for being gay. Why give them the honor of knowing what had become of their shunned child?
Lyle, already heartbroken after the death of his companion then witnessed the events of 9/11 shortly thereafter, and with all this being too much to bear, he chose to commit suicide in Amanda Park, Washington.
Lyle, also knowing that his family had shunned him for being gay, (as had Brett's) deliberately destroyed both his identification and Brett Stone's in order to be unidentifiable in death.
The bank notes Lyle left 'for the room' were crisp and new as if just withdrawn from an atm, possibly from Brett Stone's account?
Lyle had enough time to travel to Amanda Park Washington from Laurentian Hills in the week or so between the events of Brett Stone's death and his own and he booked into the motel where he took his life at a time not long after the 4-30 bus arrived there, indicating that he may have just arrived in town at around the time he booked his motel room, so he may have traveled from somewhere else to Amanda Park, possibly Laurentian Hills Ontario?
The other aspect is that according to Coldcaseman's observations, Lyle Stevik's handwriting indicated that he was perhaps from a medical or scientific background, and the expensive blue coating on Brett Stone's eyeglasses, designed to lessen glare, is favored by people in the IT industry, possibly indicating a similar type of background for these two men and thereby showing a similarity in both their social class and a scientific based educational background, possibly increasing the chances that they were associated with each other as people with similar interests often do make friends.
I wonder how long it would take by bus to travel between Laurentian Hills Ontario and Amanda Park Washington?

Staying with the thought 'Lyle' and 'Brett' had been together in Laurentian Hills - could they have had a vehicle that 'Lyle' took to drive west, then ditched at some point to hop a bus to Amanda Park? He could have disposed of belongings along the way as well, both his and 'Brett's'.

'Lyle' could have sold/disposed of a vehicle in Canada then crossed the border into Washington by bus or possibly a ferry. Jmo.

There are no recent missing persons matching the UID's description, perhaps this guy, Mitchel Weiser, is a good match, Dotr. I like the ring on the pinky.

Did a double take on the age progression shot of MW - really looks like 'Brett' - but to disappear in '73 as a teen and no contact after that? Could be.

No public flogging from me Snoopster ;)

Thinking of Israel Keyes having the cabin in Constable, NY (purchased 1997, close to the Canadian border, and about 200+ miles from Deep River). There seems to be very little known about his activities around the cabin in Constable prior to 2009. Looking at the FBI timeline, Keyes was released from the army in July 2001 (last posted to Fort Lewis, WA), but no vehicle rentals appear after his release from the army in 2001 until 2004, so how did he get around?

We have the proximity in timing between Brett and Lyle
Neither Lyle nor Brett had ID on them
We have motels mentioned/involved in both cases
Keyes was in Neah Bay at the time Lyle was found
Keyes was a hiker and known to accost people on hiking trails (Brett found on hiking trail)
Keyes was obviously able to travel unimpeded across the Canada/US border
Keyes was known to run marathons (iirc, Brett’s socks were triathalon socks, and there was a race in/around the time Brett was discovered .. can’t recall specifics right now)
Brett had matches from the west coast (Barclay Hotel in Vancouver)
Keyes lived in Washington in 2001, about a 3 hour drive north to Vancouver

Did Brett perhaps have a vehicle and he somehow encountered Keyes who dispensed with him and used the vehicle to get to around?

We don’t know when Keyes spent time in Constable, NY and how/when he travelled there whenever he did.

Of interest is a snippet re another person being looked at as a potential victim of Keyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2584981/TV-profile-late-Alaska-serial-killer.html

Gilbert Gilman - was an undisclosed victim of Keyes, who had been in the region to participate in a marathon. And it claims Keyes identified himself as a bisexual and a necrophiliac.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back