Canada - Liana White, 29, Edmonton AB, 12 July 2005 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
PrayersForMaura said:
What a jerk if he did do it.
Wonder WHY he did it if he did do it! :furious:
Thats a real tongue twister there!

I feel your frustration, was it over the pregnancy? was it money, is there another woman in his life? in time we will here the whole story.

I wonder if he will plead guilty?

Yes - they've already been linked here.

Global Edmonton
CBC - Edmonton
Edmonton Journal
Edmonton Sun

Prayersformaura,

I just checked all the websites, no more info then what is posted here so far!

I can't help but think that Liana found out something about her husband and he felt he had to keep her quiet? a lot like Mark Hacking!

I have a feeling that he was involved in something, could be just my imagination, but, that's how I feel :(

I have a feeling that if he dumped her body, it qualifies as pre-meditation. Of course, I don't know how the laws work there.

Maybe she ran after he hurt her, and died where she was found.

Young toddler, stress of a new baby ~ finances etc... that is my bet at this point.

I wonder if he will be charged with 2 counts because Liana was pregnant?

DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS!!!!

2nd degree???? hmmmmmmmmmmmm
The police obviously knew/know a lot more than what they were letting on. When are these husbands going to realize that if they kill their wife, they are probably gonna get caught. Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!

spygirl said:
I have a feeling that if he dumped her body, it qualifies as pre-meditation. Of course, I don't know how the laws work there.

Maybe she ran after he hurt her, and died where she was found.
...i think she would have called 911 on her cell in that case...

...i do wonder also though, will be be chatged with 2 counts ? i sure hope so...

poco said:
When are these husbands going to realize that if they kill their wife, they are probably gonna get caught. Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!
Disgusting, isn't it?

I'm glad that Liana has family who might be able to take her little girl.

lauriej said:
...i think she would have called 911 on her cell in that case...
Not if he took it away and flung it in the parking lot. She probably tried.

:furious:

oh ok....i see what you're saying..

..my mistake...i mistook your post as in her running after he'd hurt her at home..

Jess said:
Edmonton Journal + CTV reporting the husband is in custody --a police source. Was brought in Sunday night . I have heard no confirmation on tv. Posted3:14 Mountain Time

I'd post the links, but , for some reason, I can not copy the links and I am too lazy to copy them down and type them up.

Canada.com will take you to the Edmonton Journal
he has been charged with second degree murder and an indignity to a human body charges (necrophilia I bet).(I dont even know how to spell it-maybe its something else anyhow).

Michael White -- husband of a missing, pregnant Edmonton woman -- has been charged with second-degree murder and committing an indignity to a dead body.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1121720496389_117129696/?hub=Canada

If u already know all of this sorry-just reading it now and in a state of shock.

Jess said:
Yes - they've already been linked here.

Global Edmonton
CBC - Edmonton
Edmonton Journal
Edmonton Sun
well two of those seem to be newspaper sites.
I was looking for more tv sites. Maybe I am just reading the site wrong. My homeston has 5 local ones. Maybe canada has fewer... I don't know. Can't find much of anything else but the news sources posted here.
And, our local tv stations do updates pretty fast as the news is happening. Thanks though!

lauriej said:
oh ok....i see what you're saying..

..my mistake...i mistook your post as in her running after he'd hurt her at home..
Could be.... we don't know anything yet. If he staged it, she wouldn't have her cell phone, depending on how the schmuck planned it. Hopefully we will find out more soon. But 2nd degree indicates to me that it wasn't pre-meditated.

Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member