GUILTY Canada - Liana White, 29, Edmonton AB, 12 July 2005 - #4

Looks like this one will be going to trial as well.

Bobbisangel said:
Maybe footprints or tire prints.
He basically tainted the crime scene, where she was found. Any of these deceiving defense lawyers will get him off that.

I have gathered that he was basically arrested at the scene. This makes me believe that,they possibly found something at the house on their more thorough search and were hoping that he would continue his ploy and lead them to the body. Easier to convict, that a murder has taken place, when you find the body.

The pin pricks that were revealed by the ME makes me want to believe, he had strangled after violently beating her.
Own hands=no murder weapon, persay.

I am hoping there is massive body fluids at the house, that were not cleaned up enough and this provides the link to her death, something that cannot be explained with lies.

In theory, he most likely disposed of her during the night, with limited light and possibly could have dropped something. Again, unless it was directly under the body, he could possibly swindle his way out of it.

More food for thought:

Not much to throw a guy in jail, but it does make you wonder.

Crime scene where vehicle was found, had scattered id cards, they lead North, which is the direction towards their house. Kind of stupid, but if he was walking/bicyling back to his house, in his stupidness, he scattered the items to appear to look like a robbery/abduction.
Using Google Earth and looking at the terrain, there appears to be a bicycle/trail that leads from the SUV scene, to almost his house, without having to use any roads at all, to get back to his house quickly and unseen.

Another item, that can be looked at, is the location of the body, if you look at the area, one of the main roads near his house can lead you almost in a straight line to the location of the body scene.

One other piece of information, I have gathered, one of Liana's/family friends also lives quite near the vincity of the body scene. So logically, if they had visited her, he would have been familiar to that road leading to the vicinity of the body scene.

If he felt, he was going to get away with it and for some reason, did not like this friend, a cruel symbolism with this body scene and near her friends residence, would haunt her forever, being so close to that scene.

I have a funny feeling, he did not like this friend and this gave him reason to dispose of her in that location.

btw gang the girl missing in montreal was her own family..not holmoka

Edmonton man's court date put off
Edmonton — A court appearance for a man accused of murdering his pregnant wife has been put over to next week.
Michael White of Edmonton did not appear in court Tuesday to answer to charges of second-degree murder and committing an indignity to a dead body.

His wife, Liana, who was four months pregnant, was reported missing by White earlier this month. Her badly decomposed body was found July 17 by a search team he was heading up.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...Story/National/

Today will be a sad one in Edmonton :(

However, Wanted to wish you, newtv, a Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful time :)

rose_open_e0.gif

Karma.

At supper with family last night, I found out my Aunt Elaine worked with Liana in the same neonatal unit at the Royal Alex Hospital and knew her very well. My cousin (her daughter Shauna) was there last night but not my aunt. How very sad. She was going to the funeral today apparently. If time awards me, I might take in this trial as much as possible. With the rotten Canadian laws, many trials are not allowed to report evidence given until AFTER the trial is over but hopefully I'll take in some days. He probably won't even have a date until next spring I think.

All around, what a freeking loser. :(

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2005/07/27/1149226-sun.html

Caught on Tape: Police Seize Video surveillance of Liana White's neighbourhood

Video surveillance taken from the neighbourhood where Liana White lived is being used by police as they continue their investigation into the pregnant woman's death.

Police are saying very little about the tapes, though the manager of a Dunluce-area pub says officers paid him a visit the day of White's disappearance to see what turned up on his security monitor.

"Something must have caught their fancy and they asked us to relinquish the tapes, which we did," said Richard Halabi, manager of Richard's Pub at 12150 161 Ave.

"I think from that tape they've concluded something was amiss."

Michael White, 28, is charged with second-degree murder and indignity to a dead body in the death of his 29-year-old wife, who was expecting her second child around Christmas.
http://ads5.canoe.ca/event.ng/Type=...63851-1&Redirect=http://www.autonet.ca/Tires/
Type=count&ClientType=2&AdID=31057&FlightID=14112&TargetID=3831&Segments=2371,4176,5882,6026,6038,6064,6094,6137,6273,6274,6802,7542,7716,8758&Targets=439,4776,4362,2580,2939,3831,2642&Values=25,31,43,51,60,72,83,92,100,110,150,155,213,224,257,332,334,363,379,380,396,407,490,493,860,1289,1315,1444,1467,1545,1551,1567,1570,1620,1946,2292,2307,2402,2540,2553,2580,2670,2686,2698,2700,2702,2703,2788,3070,3079,3121,3452,3562,3621&RawValues=USERID%2Cc0a8dcc9-11105-1122263851-1&random=bgRsgKg,bboqbvtjbmKqb

Liana White's abandoned vehicle was discovered in a soccer field parking lot around 7:30 a.m. on July 12. A volunteer search team organized by Michael found her body five days later at the side of a country road.

At the time of her disappearance, Michael told police his wife left for work at 6:15 a.m., while witnesses placed the car there as early as 5:50 a.m. He told the Sun later he could have been mistaken since he was asleep.

Halabi was not present as police reviewed the tape, but believes it includes footage of the Whites' vehicle driving along 161 Avenue toward the soccer field. He does not know what time the vehicle's image may have been captured.

The pub runs its tapes during the evening and throughout the night, he said.

Edmonton Police Service spokesman Lisa Lammi would not say if tapes were taken from other businesses.

"We have seized some security video but we're not at liberty to say where it was from," she said. "I don't know where (they were taken), what was contained on them or what they will serve."

As police continue their investigation today, friends and family of Liana White will say goodbye at the Connelly-McKinley funeral chapel at 10011 114 St. at 1:30 p.m. today.

There has been an outpouring of support for White's three-year-old daughter, Ashley, who is staying with her maternal grandmother, Maureen Kelly.

A fundraising benefit which includes live entertainment will be held at the Crown & Anchor Pub at 15277 Castle Downs Rd. on Aug. 12 and 13, beginning at 8 p.m.

Tickets are $5, and can be purchased in advance or at the door.

For more information, call the Crown & Anchor at 472-7696 or Steve Hartley, of the band Train Wreck, at 915-2530.

On Aug. 15, a barbecue will be held at the Dunluce Community League, at 11620 162 Ave., beginning at noon.

Michael White did not appear in person in provincial court yesterday, but his lawyer Larry Anderson was on hand to elect a jury trial on both charges.

The case returns to court Aug. 2, at which point the Crown is expected to disclose its evidence against White.

Anderson said that, despite Michael's stated wish to attend his wife's funeral today, it wasn't going to happen. "Bail's not an option (on a murder charge)," he said.

:HappyBday

Hi Newtv,
Take care and take time - even if only a short while - to celebrate! Cosmos

cosmos33 said:

Hi Newtv,
Ditto from me....your "old" buddy! :HappyBday

Blue clouds, I'm sorry for your Aunt Elaine. And all those who are mourning today. Thankfully there is clearly so much to celebrate about Liana and the positive impact she has had on many many people that the community - both neighbourhood-wise and work-wise. I believe that people are feeling more hopeful in their grief because they are rallying to support one another and taking concrete action to show Liana that they loved her - by holding barbeques and pub nights to raise money in support of her little girl.

I'm hoping that there will be enough info on the tapes that the accused will actually end up pleading guilty. I have a feeling the defense hasn't seen this evidence yet. Or would they have to have shown their evidence to them by now?

Though we haven't a clue as to what is on those tapes, someone on cybersleuths suggested "Won't it be something if the tape shows the husband driving the Ford Explorer to the empty parking lot, and long before 6:15 a.m." I agree. At the very least he'll have to do some fast talking (that won't be fast enough) to explain that scenario. :furious:

I am hoping that he seen is walking or bicyling through the strip mall parking lot.
For ident purposes, this would be ideal, as spotting the driver of the SUV and its license plate on the main road would be more difficult and could be argued away.
As it would have been the lazy mans shortcut, than rather taking the long way around and when he is pressed for time, cutting thru the lot, would have been the way to go. Generally, security monitors are trained on the parking lot and main entrances but the parking lot would have wide angle shots.

What an erie and sad similarity that Liana's baby was DUE AROUND XMAS. :( Remenicient of D.R.I.SP. I suppose Laci and Liana will have a lot in common.

newtv said:
btw gang the girl missing in montreal was her own family..
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...Story/National/[/url]

The Quebec girl was killed by a pro wrestler...and HIS family covered it up..not HER family.

cosmos33 said:

Hi Newtv,
OMG- i didnt check in till now and it is so kind that you wished me a HB..that makes it happy..so sorry I did not thanku sooner.

cosmos33 said:
Some words shared by different friends including the minister at today's funeral. Very tasteful.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Law/2005/07/19/1138389-cp.html
thx alot for the info/link-its good to be able to feel part of it-this case has me feeling really sad for her and her family and for pregnant women..it just hurts to realize the devaluing of women that exists. It actually brings tears to my eyes-that could almost burdt out. I wish they would actually it feels good to cry and perge the negativity from within. It is caused by my sensitivity yet I have nothing to do with it..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back