GUILTY Canada - Liana White, 29, Edmonton AB, 12 July 2005 - #4

Et al said:
Liana's obituary

Please add a note of condolence if you wish. Her family is having a very hard time and any support would be nice.

:blowkiss:
......i noticed that her husband's name isn't mentioned at all in the obituary..

lauriej said:
......i noticed that her husband's name isn't mentioned at all in the obituary..
The mother and the Pirelli's, seems to have been fairly quite the whole time
about good ole mike, so I think, they might have some key information we are not getting publicly.

Has he entered a plea yet? Has there been any other news on this??

Prayers for her family.

Hi Kimmyq, just read this a few minutes ago:

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=f6d4dd4e-a77f-44ef-afe2-a7426e018735

EDMONTON -- A court appearance for an Edmonton man accused of murdering his pregnant wife has been put over to Friday.
Michael White is charged with second-degree murder and committing an indignity to a dead body.

His wife, Liana, who was four months pregnant, was reported missing by White last month.

A search team headed up by White found her badly decomposed body on July 17th.

White's lawyer, Larry Anderson, says he still has not received adequate information about the case from the Crown.

Anderson says a preliminary hearing on the charges will probably be held in March.

White has not yet entered a plea on the charges.

He has said he plans to plead not guilty.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2005/08/04/1158966-sun.html

Michael White, who is accused of killing his pregnant wife, will be in provincial court tomorrow for a bail hearing on a charge of indignity to a dead body.

He has been charged with second-degree murder, as well as indignity to a dead body in the death of his 29-year-old wife, Liana White.

White's lawyer, Larry Anderson, said they are still waiting for full disclosure from the Crown in the case. He said he hopes that will come this week.

White made a brief court appearance yesterday. Anderson said White can't ask for bail on the second-degree murder charge in provincial court. Liana's abandoned vehicle was discovered in a soccer field parking lot around 7:30 a.m. on July 12. A volunteer search team organized by Michael found her body five days later at the side of a country road.

Mellen said:
http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmonton/2005/08/04/1158966-sun.html

Michael White, who is accused of killing his pregnant wife, will be in provincial court tomorrow for a bail hearing on a charge of indignity to a dead body.

He has been charged with second-degree murder, as well as indignity to a dead body in the death of his 29-year-old wife, Liana White.

White's lawyer, Larry Anderson, said they are still waiting for full disclosure from the Crown in the case. He said he hopes that will come this week.

White made a brief court appearance yesterday. Anderson said White can't ask for bail on the second-degree murder charge in provincial court. Liana's abandoned vehicle was discovered in a soccer field parking lot around 7:30 a.m. on July 12. A volunteer search team organized by Michael found her body five days later at the side of a country road.

:confused:
I don't understand this article. I read the entire thing twice.

How can it be a bail hearing if his lawyer said White can't ask for bail on the 2nd degree murder charge ? Can he ask for bail on the indignity to a body charge, but not the murder charge ? How does that work ?

forbidn2u2 said:
:confused:
I don't understand this article. I read the entire thing twice.

How can it be a bail hearing if his lawyer said White can't ask for bail on the 2nd degree murder charge ? Can he ask for bail on the indignity to a body charge, but not the murder charge ? How does that work ?
they are perhaps treating the second charge separately in terms of discovery or whatever the first appearance in front of a judge (for that part of 2 charges).
It doesnt say he is attending a bail hearing for 2nd degree murder-he has already had that.
I hunch he gets a bail hearing regardless of the other charge, but he wont be released anyhow- just a formality to be followed.

He could be granted bail on this charge and still have to be in jail for the other charge.
Maybe that is so if the other charge were to be dropped he is free to go-vs wait to have the second charge cropped as well.
I dont think he will ever be out but it could be something like that-a formality.

blueclouds said:
Prelim could be set for March. If there's still interest on WS and I have time, I'll take in some of the trial or the prelim and fill you all in. Scum bucket slime.

Why can't we just throw all these scuz on an island with many MEAT eating predators and leave them be.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20050804/NATS04N-2/TPNational/Canada

That would be great to hear first hand what is going on in the Prelim or trial.
I hope they throw the book at this piece of poop.

I wish there was a place that they put people like this too. Some place away from decent human beings.

Hearing set for Michael White

A month-long preliminary hearing has been set for an Edmonton man accused of killing his pregnant wife.

The hearing, scheduled to run throughout March 2006, will determine if there is sufficient evidence to send Michael White to trial on charges of second-degree murder.

White was charged last month with killing his wife Liana after he helped lead a volunteer search party to her body in a ditch northwest of the city.

White has maintained his innocence since his arrest and said he plans to plead not guilty. (Edmonton Journal)

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=d0684b9d-351f-40ac-95e8-a0dd26c8a578

From the GlobalEdmonton morning newscast - 8 am

A source has told an Edmonton radio station that Liana's blood was found in the couple's bedroom and blood soaked rags were found in the garage.

Michael White's next appearance in court will be before the Court of Queen's Bench in March .

God thats along time from now- If it were me I would want to proceed more quickly-especially if I said I was innocent..I mean thats a long time to wait behind bars.
If they have such rags and found blood tis all over for him-and I am glad-we all know it was him-he could have had the decency to confess.
What kind fo idiot leaves blood soaked rags around-he is also stupid.

newtv said:
God thats along time from now- If it were me I would want to proceed more quickly-especially if I said I was innocent..I mean thats a long time to wait behind bars.
If they have such rages and found blood tis all over for him-and I am glad-we all know it was him-he could have had the decency to confess.
What kind fo idio leaves blood soaked rags around-he is also stupid.
I totally agree ... and he's gonna plead not guilty?
What a jerk.
He obviously never loved his wife if he can't even fess up to what he did...
for the sake of her honor, their children (the living daughter and now deceased, unborn child), and their families.

He's simply a coward.

Thanks Cosmos and everyone for the updates!! I appreciate all news on this case. Hugs!

PrayersForMaura said:
He's simply a coward.
Coming from a military background, any soldier that steals from their fellow soldiers is the lowest form in my books and in wartime, is deserving of a bullet to the head.

Being dishonourably discharged from the military shows the creditability of the person they are dealing with. Simply put, he is a lying, backstabbing, murderous creep who has had one agenda, himself and his greed.

PrayersForMaura said:
He's simply a coward.
I agree, and selfish too... he valued himself & his needs before anyone elses

PrayersForMaura said:
I totally agree ... and he's gonna plead not guilty?
What a jerk.
He obviously never loved his wife if he can't even fess up to what he did...
for the sake of her honor, their children (the living daughter and now deceased, unborn child), and their families.

He's simply a coward.
exactly-not a nice man-and classless on top of everything else
he did it and especially if they have blood evidence-she didnt cut her wrists and go to work..she was seen the night before at midnight from what i recall-and no one hides things with blood on them unless they are covering up.

I will just say that these jurors who voted not guilty and now say guilty re MJ is a real piss off. I dont care if they found him guilty-but say so ahead of time..not after u want make money on a book-I am so sick of these people
who create drama to sell something.
If he is guilty say so- if he isnt then honor what u said-was she dumb for one day? NO! Her book is worth more if she thinks he is guilty.
Just fries my brains to hear these poeple after the fact.:furious:

newtv said:
I will just say that these jurors who voted not guilty and now say guilty re MJ is a real piss off. I dont care if they found him guilty-but say so ahead of time..not after u want make money on a book-I am so sick of these people
who create drama to sell something.
If he is guilty say so- if he isnt then honor what u said-was she dumb for one day? NO! Her book is worth more if she thinks he is guilty.
Just fries my brains to hear htese poeple after the fact.:furious:

I am reeling over this too. Repugnant is the word I used earlier. I don't care if this is an older citizen. With age comes responsibility and none was shown by her. She doesn't deserve a book or any recognition perpetrated by a hoax. This is evil personified and let a pedophile loose on society...the world at large. There are kids in Bahrain, too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back