CANADA Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

what do we take a professional hit to mean
I dont think a drugs gang would try to disguise their methods...they want people to be afraid of them.
has anyone really pressed the police on this...a question like...if you're saying it wasn't a professional killing, does this. mean you dont think it was a revenge attack with the assumption she betrayed them...it could still be someone within the gang but with a personal motive

I read somewhere that she had money problems....but this could be complete fiction.

did she use drugs....is it possible she owed money to the gang...if she had money problems, couldn't her wealthy boyfriend help her out.

I understand the police when they say there are a lot of false stories out there....the problem is, I suppose, that if they issue a list of stories that are false, then, by leaving them out, they might be confirming things they want to hold back.

does anyone know how easy it is to hack a Facebook login code...someone had got her unlisted. mobile phone number, her computer login and her Facebook login....someone very close or someone very observant passing it on

again, correct me if im wrong, but, as far as I know, the police haven't said. how she tried to contact her exboyfriend...so I think it matters...im sure whoever had the details in my last post had her email login details.

this may be a case of a difference between Canadian and British English, but the police said she reached out to her exboyfriend...most brits would understand. by that that she wanted help or wanted to give. him help.

so, do we think, in view. of. what she told her father, that she wanted a trustworthy, male view from someone of her own age. about her boyfriend. ..her father was bound to be protective....or do. we. think she wanted to warn him about the upcoming drugs bust....in case he'd got involved or wanted to warn his relative.

ive seen a few possessive boyfriends, and I dont think they'd have let Lindsay go to the house alone if she was afraid...the thing about them is that. they try to take away your. feelings. of competence so you do what they want.

I know this. was her job, so it might have been slightly different, but he said. she would have insisted....its very very difficult to get your way against an overbearing boyfriend and if, as her father said she said, he was too possessive, he. wouldn't have been happy if he found out shed been contacting her exboyfriend

comes down to who you believe, I suppose

either I was stupid before or ive got an overactive imagination now.

we've been puzzled about the method of attack...it may have been chosen to fit what they see as. Lindsays crime...that shed stabbed them in the back.

doesn't get us. a whole lot further because this could. fit any of the main suspects.

ive never heard of gangs. doing this over here....they usually make. it as. clean and clinical. as possible.

people have been talking about Mexican gangs....does anyone know if they use punishments. to fit. the crime.

if not, I. think this seems like a strong personal emotional connection

we've been puzzled about the method of attack...it may have been chosen to fit what they see as. Lindsays crime...that shed stabbed them in the back.

doesn't get us. a whole lot further because this could. fit any of the main suspects.

ive never heard of gangs. doing this over here....they usually make. it as. clean and clinical. as possible.

people have been talking about Mexican gangs....does anyone know if they use punishments. to fit. the crime.

if not, I. think this seems like a strong personal emotional connection
I'm not so sure of a personal connection to the actual killers, there's no indication Lindsay had ever met them:
"The witnesses then saw Lindsay shake hands with the couple, and from the body language of their greeting it appeared that she had never met them before" Murder of Lindsay Buziak - Wikipedia

I agree with your comment, that using a handgun would have given stronger credence to an organized crime connection. Just after this murder (I don't see a connection, except in time), a drug gang war erupted in Vancouver, with many gun shootings of gang members.
2009 Vancouver gang war - Wikipedia

Although overkill by stabbing does indicate a personal connection, and anger, it also happens, for eg, in prisons, where guns aren't available. I think it also happens to ensure death occurs, and as quickly as possible. I think even a cold-blooded murder by stabbing does involve intense emotions, like fear.

These kinds of murders stand out because they're just so outside any kind of normal pattern of behaviour by any individuals or groups we've ever encountered. This is still a truly freakish crime, not just in Victoria, but anywhere.

no, I dont think there was a personal connection between Lindsay and the couple...maybe there were other people inside the house who carried out or joined in the killing...I dont know if she knew them.

from what ive read, Mexican gangs dont do cold and calculated....they go in with all guns blazing into the house or street where. they think the person is they want and hope they. hit the right person among the innocent people they kill

the only incident ive found of punishment fitting the crime is when they killed a female blogger...they decapitated her body and placed the head on top of the computer.

of course, these crimes were all committed in Mexico...they might have used different methods in Canada.

can't. prove it, but I dont think this was part of a gang fighting for the gang....but I think there are too many peculiarities for it just to have been organised by. someone she didn't know...which is not the same as someone she knew actually stabbing her....knew her unlisted. phone number, Facebook posts deleted after Lindsays murder etc...plenty of Realtors have been murdered, raped or kidnapped when the perpetrators have made appointments through. the usual channels

if im right about the category of murderer, it would have. to be someone. with plenty of money to pay off the people who actually killed her or provided other services

ill be keeping an eye on this thread. to see if there are any more developments....as we probably won't hear about them on this side. of the pond, but I doubt I have anything more. to contribute....thanks for your patience in letting me rattle on....but without evidence, a tip, or confession, were lost.

keep safe and well

this is a very interesting British unsolved murder, where there is great division between people. as to whether it was a professional hit or not...youll see why...the murder of Jill dando

nothing to do with Lindsays murder of course

this is a very interesting British unsolved murder, where there is great division between people. as to whether it was a professional hit or not...youll see why...the murder of Jill dando

nothing to do with Lindsays murder of course
I do know that case, there's a brief thread on here. Bizarre, a shooting in London with virtually no evidence or witnesses.

I think investigations under those circumstances (no solid evidence from the actual crime) can't be resolved unless someone confesses. That may be true in this case as well.

yes, satchie, I agree....it could be a long wait...a deathbed confession etc...but even then, depending on the circumstances, if the person who physically carried out. the murder. was hired by someone else, they could be worried about any consequences for their family.

Can the cops not trace the burner phone to the store it was purchased at? Just seems like they could get surveillance from the store or business it was bought at or is that not within their capabilities? Honest question

Hey everyone,

Please remember to use the Reply feature so we know what your response is in relation to, otherwise it lands in the middle of a bunch of other posts and ends up having no context.

Thanks !!

Can the cops not trace the burner phone to the store it was purchased at? Just seems like they could get surveillance from the store or business it was bought at or is that not within their capabilities? Honest question

It’s more than this though. The police know the burner phone came to the area the night before and was with Vid. What I don’t understand is why they can’t squeeze Vid to tell what he knows. This has always been a mystery to me. If they know Vid is involved with the burner phone, then surveil him, get some dirt on him (which I don’t think would be too difficult) and use it to squeeze him, assuming he is not directly involved in the murder.

It’s more than this though. The police know the burner phone came to the area the night before and was with Vid. What I don’t understand is why they can’t squeeze Vid to tell what he knows. This has always been a mystery to me. If they know Vid is involved with the burner phone, then surveil him, get some dirt on him (which I don’t think would be too difficult) and use it to squeeze him, assuming he is not directly involved in the murder.

being very thick, but who is vid....if. the burner phone was with. him, it would be a tremendous coincidence if he said he just. lost it or whatever

I just learned of this case yesterday after it was discussed on the Holes & Jensen podcast. I’ve gone thru this entire thread + approximately three dozen news articles and the many blogs that exist since then and this is my two cents —

1. It’s nearly impossible to discern fact from fiction in this case due to the massive amount of misinformation and conjecture out there.

2. LE held a press conference specifically to address the rumors and conjecture and to announce they had cleared Lindsay’s boyfriend as a suspect. LE says the boyfriend has fully cooperated, passed a polygraph, and has provided everything they have asked of him. There will always be those who refuse to let go of their preconceived notions — no matter what the evidence or police says. That’s just the way it goes in every investigation and this case is no different. I (myself) have decided to take LE at their word.

3. My thoughts about why the FBI may be involved waver back and forth. There’s a part of me that wonders if LE has a valid reason to consider the drug bust / possible snitch setup theories. If any of the stings were joint operations conducted by both Canada and the US, that might explain why the FBI has joined the new investigative team. The other part of me believes the FBI is involved simply because they have more experience with familial genealogy investigative techniques.

In any event — I’m in the process of compiling a comprehensive outline/timeline/list of FACTS with citations and media links. I’m only about halfway done ATM, but hopefully I’ll be able to finish and share it with you guys sometime tomorrow.

In any event — I’m in the process of compiling a comprehensive outline/timeline/list of FACTS with citations and media links. I’m only about halfway done ATM, but hopefully I’ll be able to finish and share it with you guys sometime tomorrow.
THANKS! There are those of us that haven't read but a little of this and are totaled baffled. For example, I either didn't know or had forgotten about FBI involvement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back