CANADA Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

Maybe the motive was that house. Maybe someone really wanted that house but it was too much for them to buy so they figured if someone was killed in the home no one would want it. Does anyone know what ever happened to the house after lindsay’s murder?? Just another theory to consider.

That seems highly unlikely considering the burner phone was purchased several months before the murder---- was the house even completed or up for sale at the time the phone was purchased? Second, if the murder was about that particular house, it seems the killer would have contacted the listing agent for the house and not some other random real estate agent AND would have told Lindsay they were interested in that house during the initial call and not just give her a price range and requirements that would have fit other homes in the area, not knowing whether she would choose to show them that particular one or not. I think all evidence points to this being a very targeting attack on Lindsay herself.

Maybe the motive was that house. Maybe someone really wanted that house but it was too much for them to buy so they figured if someone was killed in the home no one would want it. Does anyone know what ever happened to the house after lindsay’s murder?? Just another theory to consider.

In that case, the people who eventually bought it would be prime suspects.

I have a hard time imagining anyone could care that much about that particular home, to be willing to violently kill an innocent person and risk going to jail for life in order to possibly acquire it.

It had a spacious new interior, but IMO it's not in a particularly desireable part of town or has anything like a view or a unique piece of land or amenities that anyone would want to live in for the rest of their lives. IMO it was built for precisely the purpose the callers described: an undiscerning executive family who just want something fancy to live in for the time being, because they move a lot.

In addition, reducing the value of the house in that way would affect resale value as well. A supposedly million dollar home in 2007, it's now valued at less than $1.2 m, whereas other real estate in Victoria has almost doubled in price over the years. IMO, that's not just the effect of the murder, but reflects that the property was overvalued at the time.
BC Assessment - Independent, uniform and efficient property assessment

https://www.vreb.org/media/attachme...020_historic_average_selling_price_graphs.pdf

As well, if the new owners had killed, just to try for a discount on the house, then they'd probably also kill for a nice car, etc, like Dellen Millard did, and they'd have messed up and been caught.

It would be good, though, to know the process of elimination that led to choosing that particular house to view first, whether the killers had that one in mind ahead of time.

It seems, in retrospect, highly suitable because it was next to a busy road, so the car could be hidden from view and they could, somewhat plausibly, walk up to it, vs being in the middle of a long block, where arriving on foot would be too weird.

As well, the cul de sac only had, IIRC, one other house on it, the others hadn't yet been built, and I don't know whether that other house was occupied...regardless, it was on the other side of 1702, away from the road.

I do not know what to make of Lindsay's case. No one theory fully checks out to me.

I agree this is the most complex case of those that I follow. Nothing can be ruled out, however every theory that I have read can make so much sense one minute and then make no sense the next minute. Still very interested in knowing what LE knows that we don't.

I guess the only thing we know for sure is, she was lured to the crime scene by complete strangers, who played an elaborate hoax on her.

That's so unusual, I can't really think of another case where that has happened at such a sophisticated level.

When I can't think of a similar crime, it's hard to imagine why the killer(s) chose this approach, and therefore why they targetted her and who they might be.

I guess the only thing we know for sure is, she was lured to the crime scene by complete strangers, who played an elaborate hoax on her.

That's so unusual, I can't really think of another case where that has happened at such a sophisticated level.

When I can't think of a similar crime, it's hard to imagine why the killer(s) chose this approach, and therefore why they targetted her and who they might be.

See, the being lured by strangers is how it seems, but I almost wonder if she knew one or both of the couple. I think they were probably total strangers, but I think one of these options might be possible...

a) She knew the caller, who tried to throw her off her track by using the fake-sounding Spanish accent.

b) She knew the male half of the couple, which is why he was not the one who made the call.

c) She knew both halves of the couple, which is why the caller used the fake accent and told her her husband would not be coming with, so Lindsay would feel more safe.

Again, I am inclined to think she genuinely did not know them, though. I feel it was a hit. JMO.

See, the being lured by strangers is how it seems, but I almost wonder if she knew one or both of the couple. I think they were probably total strangers, but I think one of these options might be possible...

a) She knew the caller, who tried to throw her off her track by using the fake-sounding Spanish accent.

b) She knew the male half of the couple, which is why he was not the one who made the call.

c) She knew both halves of the couple, which is why the caller used the fake accent and told her her husband would not be coming with, so Lindsay would feel more safe.

Again, I am inclined to think she genuinely did not know them, though. I feel it was a hit. JMO.
My understanding is a witness saw her great the couple and there was no indication that she knew them. However, I guess nothing whatever is known except that she is dead.

That was my understanding as well. Indications regarding her body language was it appeared she was meeting the couple for the first time. That being said, I believe they were sent to kill her and I do not believe they were the ones who spoke to her on the phone, but I could be wrong.

Feb. 2021
''On January 31, 2021, the Saanich Police Department provided an update in the investigation into the murder of Lindsay Buziak. On February 2, 2008, Lindsay was killed while showing a home at 1702 De Sousa Place in Saanich. The male and female Lindsay met with are responsible for her murder and have not yet been identified. If you, or anyone you know, have information relating to the murder of Lindsay Buziak on February 2, 2008, we encourage you to please contact the Saanich Police Department Information Line at 250-475-4356 or 1-888-980-1919.''

I believe she was mistaken as an informant and a hit was put out on her. I remember reading that the suspected hit man was a Mexican national who was linked to the cartels, along with his female companion. He's no longer in North America, so the theory goes, and there's not enough evidence to charge him. I'm not so sure that the "Spanish accent" was actually fake.

I believe she was mistaken as an informant and a hit was put out on her. I remember reading that the suspected hit man was a Mexican national who was linked to the cartels, along with his female companion. He's no longer in North America, so the theory goes, and there's not enough evidence to charge him. I'm not so sure that the "Spanish accent" was actually fake.
is there evidence to that? just curious.

Everything about this seems to indicate that Lindsay was not a random victim. I do believe that for whatever reason someone wanted her killed. Since she apparently didn't know the couple they may have killed her on behalf of another party.

Everything about this seems to indicate that Lindsay was not a random victim. I do believe that for whatever reason someone wanted her killed. Since she apparently didn't know the couple they may have killed her on behalf of another party.
IIRC the burner phone had only contacted her, so it was more than likely very targeted, I believe they bring that up in the casefile podcast about this case.

IIRC the burner phone had only contacted her, so it was more than likely very targeted, I believe they bring that up in the casefile podcast about this case.
That "Casefile" podcast (#28) is also referenced on the Wikipedia page about Lindsay's murder. Only about an hour and twenty minutes long, but the complexities of the case caused me to take about 2 hours to listen to it. I finally had to get a pad of paper and pencil to write down the different characters while pausing and/or rewinding the audio. One of the most complex cases I've ever come across.

That "Casefile" podcast (#28) is also referenced on the Wikipedia page about Lindsay's murder. Only about an hour and twenty minutes long, but the complexities of the case caused me to take about 2 hours to listen to it. I finally had to get a pad of paper and pencil to write down the different characters while pausing and/or rewinding the audio. One of the most complex cases I've ever come across.
It really is one of the most complex cases out there, ty for referencing the exact episode so people can find it.
I am always touched when someone cares enough about these people to even take notes, if so many years were stolen from me I would hope people care that much, she was so young, at 24 I feel like you hardly even have a favorite color combination ironed out.

Was her purse with her ? Was jewelry or money missing ? Were any other real estate agents targeted in the area ?
Nothing is known to have been taken from the scene, there was no indication of sexual assault, there'd been no assaults on realtors, I think women realtors felt very safe, especially as she was speaking with/expecting a woman.

Victoria/Saanich have very low crime, compared with still quite safe Vancouver.

I can't find the number of homicides in 2007, but in 2011 there was 6 in the whole region, in 2013 there was one. Be warned, this link will download a pdf, https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/l...cations/statistics/crime-statistics-in-bc.pdf

In terms of someone in the real estate office being an accomplice, I'm not clear about why that would be necessary.

For eg, how would someone in the real estate office know about the neighbours being away?

IMO, the woman client probably asked to see empty homes, so they could 'move in immediately.'

One characteristic of empty million dollar homes is their privacy.

I think it's quite likely the killer, or possibly an accomplice, scoped out all the suggested homes, ahead of time.

But I don't see why the accomplice needed to be in the real estate office. They could just go to the proposed houses themselves. Why leave it up to someone whose fulltime job is in real estate? I think a killer wants to be sure of the location, escape route, etc, for themselves.

Another point that doesn't get mentioned is the couple arrived at 5:30, after sunset at 5:15 pm. So by the time they left around 5:45, it would have been quite dark.

Last edited:
Nothing is known to have been taken from the scene, there was no indication of sexual assault, there'd been no assaults on realtors, I think women realtors felt very safe, especially as she was speaking with/expecting a woman.

Victoria/Saanich have very low crime, compared with still quite safe Vancouver.

I can't find the number of homicides in 2007, but in 2011 there was 6 in the whole region, in 2013 there was one. Be warned, this link will download a pdf, https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/l...cations/statistics/crime-statistics-in-bc.pdf

In terms of someone in the real estate office being an accomplice, I'm not clear about why that would be necessary.

For eg, how would someone in the real estate office know about the neighbours being away?

IMO, the woman client probably asked to see empty homes, so they could 'move in immediately.'

One characteristic of empty million dollar homes is their privacy.

I think it's quite likely the killer, or possibly an accomplice, scoped out all the suggested homes, ahead of time.

But I don't see why the accomplice needed to be in the real estate office. They could just go to the proposed houses themselves. Why leave it up to someone whose fulltime job is in real estate? I think a killer wants to be sure of the location, escape route, etc, for themselves.

Another point that doesn't get mentioned is the couple arrived at 5:30, after sunset at 5:15 pm. So by the time they left around 5:45, it would have been quite dark.

Assuming the real estate office had no involvement, I would still like to know how the killers got her private cell phone number and how they also knew the names of previous clients? Something is not adding up there.

Assuming the real estate office had no involvement, I would still like to know how the killers got her private cell phone number and how they also knew the names of previous clients? Something is not adding up there.
Good questions.

According to the recent review of police warrants,
EXCLUSIVE: Unsealed police documents reveal previously unknown details about the death of Lindsay Buziak - Capital Daily

"the woman would only say the young realtor had been “referred.”"

Then, it appears from the article, that since Lindsay had few previous clients, it was quick work for her to call them all and check if they'd made any such referral.

To me, that makes sense. I think if the mystery woman had named someone specific, that could easily be denied by that client as a outright lie, and would put Lindsay on her guard.

But, as long as it was vague, it couldn't be detected as a lie. Liars know these things, instinctively.

IMO, Lindsay was in that delicate position of being unable to confront and interrogate the woman, to give her an actual name. That would be rude and offensive towards a client.

As far as the cell-phone number, couldn't that have come from the criminal-type people among her facebook friends, specifically the guy in Calgary who was arrested after she visited him?

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back