CANADA Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

I was unable to see the Dateline program; does anyone know if I can download it to watch it on my computer?

Yes on their website but it is a bit piecemeal broken into 4 quadrants with a commercial inbetween. I got into the first part then scrolled down slightly to get to the other parts.

From what I can tell, LE is NOT treating Jason as a suspect but there is certainly a cloud of suspicion hanging over him. True, young men have been known to kill their girlfriends out of jelousy or whatever but how many hire a "hit team" to do it? The police could have checked Jason's finacial records (that is SOP when a hired "hit" is suspected). Hiring an attorney is not as suspicious as it sounds; it is actually a very prudent thing to do if you fear you might be a suspect. Jason did cooperate with the police, he even let them film a re-enactment.

The possibility that Jason's mother is involved is way off the chart. Why would a mother participate in the murder of her son's girlfriend? (apparently there was no money involved, no children: I am assuming Lindsay wasn't pregnant, no property, Life Ins etc) There just isn't a plasible motive.

The Calgary Drug Dealer is interesting. We know of no reason to believe that he may have suspected her of "ratting him out" or if she was otherwise involved in drug dealing. It would not be that unusual for a young Professional woman to use cocaine or "socialize" with guys who deal the stuff; if would be unusual for someone like her to be in so deep that they would be murdered. I would assume this angle has been checked out.

My WAG (wild *advertiser censored* guess) is that this was a sexually related murder by a stranger who saw Lindsay's picture on a Real Estate Advert and set her up to meet at a vacant house that the perp(s) would have had no known ties to. This could be a very hard case to solve.

No where i have seen or heard of any mention of sexual attack. It was 57 stabs to the neck and head.

With real estate still going strong at the time of her death houses were selling ie no dry period. Her Mentor was her boyfriends mother Shirley. A colleague and ex of Jason's also worked in the same office and received a call from a disguised voice after Lindsay's death , ( Facebook : comment by father), she traces call to Shirley. The house that Lindsay is murdered belongs to an owner/the builder who does business with Shirley and now lives in it. So many issues revolve around that office. Lindsay lived with Jason and was planning to break up with him ( Facebook:father). How do we know she didn't hear/see anything she wasn't supposed to discuss related to work and therefore permanently quieted. I would not rule out it was a co-worker and that includes Shirley.

Maybe the female killer was really a male in drag. That could throw off the investigation big time. I could be way off base, but thought I'd throw the idea out there.

I've gone over the Facebook threads and it is apparent that the father thinks Jason and his mother are behind it. He is pretty adamant that it had nothing to do with the Calgary Drug dealers. The only real "evidence" he offers is the allegation that Jason's mother called one of Lindsay's friends and used a "phony" accent. He claims the friend got it from hitting "re-dial", but that wouldn't make sense if the mother called her. More likely she would have gotten it from the incoming call history that many phones have. The father claims the friend contacted the Saanich PD. If she did, did they check the phones history? What did they find out? Did the mother admit making the call? Except for this, the father's suspicion is mostly based on their lack of "emotion" and cooperation with him (they appear to have cooperated with LE).

As a manager of a Real Estate office, the mother probably made pretty good money but, I would guess the price of a professional "Hit Team" would be a definite "budget buster". Realistically, even assuming she could find a "Hit Team" in the first place, she would have to be very crazy to shell out that kind of money and take that kind of risk solely to "get even" with a woman who might be planning to break up with her son. It is a real stretch.

There has been soon speculation that something was "going on" in the office and Lindsay "knew too much". If so what? Any evidence at all?

As for the "Hit Team" angle, what sort of professional stabs a victim 54 times? That is about 50 too many. I don't know much about the "Hit Man" business but I would assume they would want to make sure the target is dead and then get outta Dodge. 54 stab wounds suggest either extreme anger towards the victim or some sort of gratification in doing the stabbing. This could be sexual.

Here is the dateline link.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032600/

I have seen that and some other links but cannot find anything on the friend that was with Jason in the car when they went to the home Lindsay was showing. This friend was boosted over the backyard fence and he went in through the unlocked door to unlock the front door for Jason to then come into the house and immediately run upstairs while calling her name. Why not go through first floor then up the stairs? What was the friend doing at this time?

I have wondered about all this as well. Jason may have went right upstairs because the friend had gone through the main floor to get from the unlocked back door to the locked front door and knew she wasn't down there.

I keep wondering if the fact that she was stabbed more than 40 times to the neck and head could mean the possibility of the actual killer being female? A female would be sensitive about the looks of someone else, and wanted to take Lindsay's beauty from her? This could go along with the thoughts of a jealous female for some reason?

Reading Facebook, and this post by Jeff Buziak explains about the friend who was with Jason.

"Yes, I have spoken to the friend that was with Jason. They were also business partners at the time. He is extremely distraught, deeply disturbed by the murder and wishes a speedy resolution as he fears for his family and himself. He deeply mourns and cries for Lindsay.
on Sunday · Report"

I have wondered about all this as well. Jason may have went right upstairs because the friend had gone through the main floor to get from the unlocked back door to the locked front door and knew she wasn't down there.

In the Victoria Times Colonist today they released the video footage of
Jason reenacting what happened. They couldn't release it earlier because they agreed they wouldn't do so until after Dateline aired.
As you can see on the video, he tells
his friend he is going to check upstairs and implies his friend was checking
the main floor.
Here is the footage.
[video=youtube;pIiSkQEUz5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIiSkQEUz5U[/video]

I just can't get past Jason's mother.
Watching the Dateline episode and hearing what the "Unsolved Case" squads had to say about this being personal, just makes me believe that Jason's mother is behind it.

I think it had to do with something Lindsey knew about in the realty office and on top of that, Lindsey was wanting to leave Jason.
I think she could no longer be trusted.

They really need to take a closer look at the realty office and everyone who worked there during that time.
I am not so sure Jason knew about any of it.

Someone should take a closer look at Mom's friends and business associates.
If there is nothing to hide, then nothing will be found.

I can't get past Jason's mother either.

Who calls people and puts on a fake accent? And after a murder.

Lindsay had also told her father that Jason wasn't the one for her, that he was too jealous and possessive.

I just want to point out that just because Lindsay's Dad says this wasn't drug related, doesn't mean it wasn't. I dont think she would tell her Dad everything about her personal life, escpecially if she was paling around with drug dealers. Lindsay liked to party at the clubs and some of these guys are well dressed "gentlemen", not just street riff raf.

I know of a large criminal organization that is active in Victoria and controls a lot of the drug trade. This organization has been known to have associaties get rid of people that have "wronged them". It is a legitimate fact that she was in contact with a man who was busted for a large amount of cocaine. That man would not have been pedaling cocaine all by himself; he was working for someone with hard core connections.

It is puzzling that she was stabbed so many times but if Jason did do it, why return to the scene with a friend? He would probably have defensive wounds on his hand from stabbing her so many times and probably blood spattering on his clothes. Does his Mom have a criminal history? Or is this the case of a crazy suburban Mom one day deciding to dial 1-800-hitman for a hit on her son's girlfriend?

The only reason I can see two people stabbing a petite woman over fifty times,is to make her boyfriend look like the guilty party....crime of passion ect.
I find it odd that someone would wear a dress,in particular an unusual one, to murder somebody,could the short blonde hair be a wig,indeed could the woman actually be a disguised man?
Property values can drop after a murder ,sometimes even causing people to sell their homes and move from a neighbourhood,who might that benefit?

The only reason I can see two people stabbing a petite woman over fifty times,is to make her boyfriend look like the guilty party....crime of passion ect.
I find it odd that someone would wear a dress,in particular an unusual one, to murder somebody,could the short blonde hair be a wig,indeed could the woman actually be a disguised man?
Property values can drop after a murder ,sometimes even causing people to sell their homes and move from a neighbourhood,who might that benefit?

bbm

dotr -- I had actually had the same thought. One thought was that the 'friend' was dressed up as a woman. But then that wouldn't explain who the "man" was. I couldn't have been JZ because LB was seen greeting the couple outside the home, as she didn't recognize them. I would think it would difficult for JZ to disguise himself, based on his looks.

Somehow I am having difficulty with a woman involved in a 'hit'. IMO.

A photo of Lindsay's day book page:

3552950.bin

Source: photo gallery at this link

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/Saanich+police+release+video+footage+photos+interior+house+where/3552967/story.html

Her notes are written on the page dated Friday Feb 1, but all references I've seen in the media are that the couple contacted her on the day of the showing, Feb 2. Perhaps she just happened to have her daybook open at the last day of the week and just hadn't flipped the page to Saturday amd simply wrote quickly on the most convenient page.

It still isn't clear to me whether the couple asked to see that exact house or if Lindsay had picked it out to show them.

Also from the above link, a photo of Lindsay's shoes left in the front hall.

3552940.bin

Photo looking through front door into front hall.

3552941.bin

Photo from outside of front door. This is the door that JZ reported having seen through to see two figures moving around, when he first arrived at the house.

3552951.bin

Also from same source above, I presume this is a photo of the french doors through which the perps left (according to police their exit route was clear from the evidence -- I saw this mentioned in an earlier article) and through which Jason's friend gained entry.

3552885.bin

From the photos I've seen of the outside of the house I am guessing that these door lead to the fenced yard to the side of the house. I may be wrong.

Does anyone know exactly where the house is on a map? I haven't been able to find De Sousa Place on google or bing.

Hi Snoopster

Thanks for putting the photos down. yes the french doors are the ones that the killers exited from. There was also 3 planks removed from the back fence which would have been away out for them from the back yard. the planks were apparently removed by the owner a few days or week earlier to allow painters easier access to and from the house.

The handwritten notes you have referred to in your post from Lindsay. Lindsay received at least 6 calls from these people she called the 'mexicans" over the course of two days I believe. The noted were written from the first call and I believe that saturday Feb 2 was when she received another call to see that particular house (although I can't remember for sure whether they asked to see that house or she chose that house) - I think they asked to see that house. What's interesting is that Lindsay was not the realitor for that house, two other females were doing the listing for that house, so it just adds further to the conspiracy that Lindsay was set up.

Other info - The talk seems to be directed towards Jason's family and/or friends as who may be involved in this killing. Jason was Lindsay's boyfriend who discovered her. no-one believes that Jason killed her, but he may have been involved in the set-up - however greater suspicion is placed on his mother. Apparently two other females in the real estate office where Lindsay worked received calls after Lindsay's murder from a woman with a fake accent (similiar to the woman Linday spoke with) - one of these women did that "redial the caller" thing and it turned out it had been Jason's mother who had made the call.

apparently also two female workers whom the mother was giving a lift to the day after Lindsay's murder were told by jason's mum to keep their mouths shut (about what who knows).

jason's friends turn out to be people with criminal bouckgrounds. One of them was charged with murder. Also word on the street (so to speak) is that Jason was involved in selling drugs in the past and maybe still involved, his friends are also apparently involved in selling drugs.

Jason's friends have connections to people with criminal backgrounds in Vancouver (where the calls to Lindsay originated from) and these people in Vancouver own a clothing store that sells women's dresses, some similiar in style to what the woman Killer was wearing - these people in Vancouver (the man and woman) both are originally from Victoria.

You must understand all this that I'm explaining here is things people from Victoria have posted. it's not like these are known facts - it's more a case of People from Victoria saying "everybody knows Jason and his friends are dealing drugs and that's why they all have Mercedes and BMW's out in their front yard" (the everybody knows comment is a direct quote from what a Victorian resident said)

The comments about the two female workers came from Lindsay's father I think) who has had Private investigators working on this case.

ok I'm going to end this post now, most of what I've written is a quick summary of everything i've heard so I may have written or gotten something wrong or attributed a comment to somebody when it was someone else so if anyone wants to clarify or correct anything I've written please feel free to do so.

I will end with what may be a clue to why Lindsay was murdered. The below paragraph is copied word for word from a post from Lindsay's dad, posted in the last 24 hours. Make of it what you will. My only question is why didn't Jeff (Lindsay's dad) state this in the Dateline interview (I wish he had). He may have his reasons. It appears some of Lindsay's friends are frightened to comment on things they might know and the Police have already warned Jeff that by bringing PI's he may be putting himself in danger.

(from Lindsay's dad)
When Lindsay came to see me in calgary she wanted to discuss the break-up as she felt she had made a mistake. We spent many hours discussing this while shopping, cooking, going for coffee, lunch, did I say shopping, skiing etc...It was a beautiful time to have with our precious angel. We had so much fun together and interacted so well. She was truly incredible. One thing hangs on me though. She was concerned and troubled. Yes, over the pending break-up and over something she said she saw that she couldn't tell anyone. Something in Victoria. I said she should think hard about that and tell me or someone else in case something happened to her. She said I will daddy just let me dwell on it. She was executed six weeks later.

Wow, very interesting post, bmg1112. May I ask a question? If the word around town is that possibly Jason and/or his mom may have been involved in the set up, what would be the motive? Is it because of the drug connection...that Lindsay saw or knew something? And to follow that further...if she was thinking of breaking up with Jason and going back to the ex, then might they have been worried she would "rat them out?"

Wow, very interesting post, bmg1112. May I ask a question? If the word around town is that possibly Jason and/or his mom may have been involved in the set up, what would be the motive? Is it because of the drug connection...that Lindsay saw or knew something? And to follow that further...if she was thinking of breaking up with Jason and going back to the ex, then might they have been worried she would "rat them out?"

Hi Sleuthymama

First I want to clarify - I'm from Oz (australia) so it's not like I'm in the know = all I've tried to do is summarise what has been discussed on the "find Lindsay's Killers' facebook discussion boards. a link to her facebook is on page two of this thread towards the bottom - on the discussion board under the topic "find them' is where all this information comes from.

The word around town comment is more related to the accusation that Jason may be involved or was involved in selling drugs. it is the posters on this discussion board that feel the mother and maybe Jason is or could be involved.

What is interesting is that in a post 3 months ago Lindsay's dad Jeff asked if anyone had heard of these people and he listed 3 or 4 names. He said he keeps hearing their names in conversations he had with people, but he does not know who they are. People on the board did some digging and it turns out that two of the names, a man and a woman are the two people who I refferred to in my previous post that live in Vancouver but originated from Victoria, they have connections to another of the names that Jeff listed who happens to be Jason's brother's best friend (this individual is the person who had once been charged with murder) - Jason, his brother and his brother's best friend all play in the same hockey team. So they are all connected in some way. to be honest if you wanted to organise a hit or murder then you wouldn't even have to go outside the circle of friends. No-one knows whether they are involved, but as per what happens on websleuths people get discussing the likely culprits and it goes from there.

I don't know what the motive is or if it's connected to what Lindsay has seen, but it makes for good food for thought - it would definitely be a good place to start. Some of the posters on the discussion board have recieved hate emails from a woman (I don't believe threatening) - this woman's husband also plays for the same hockey team as Jason, his brother and the friend.

who knows where this amazing set of "connections to People" will lead, but it sure makes for interesting reading and it does show that it's very possible it all connected. It's not like we are talking about a bunch of church choir boys here - there are some violent individuals in this group.

Anyone who wants to get up to speed on this case should refer to the father's (Jeff Buziak) Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Lindsay-Buziaks-Murderers/306153774041#!/pages/Find-Lindsay-Buziaks-Murderers/306153774041?v=app_2373072738

It appears that Jason has some friends who have been involved in Drug dealing and other crimes in the past (although I saw no indication of anything in the last 6-8 years), I get the impression that these guys cultivated an "upscale white gansta" image (buffed out bodies, lots of tats', pimped out high end cars etc.) There was some insinuation that they formed some sort of a "drug gang" but no one came right out and said it.

Vancouver has had a rash of high profile "drug related" killing but the victims (and perps) were the usual low lifes that inhabit Van's "sleazy underbelly" Victoria appears to be clean, safe and straight-laced. You don't expect to find a "seamy underbelly" there. Still, there are plenty of well off people so there must be a market for cocaine and other drugs and a network of drug dealers to supply it. Could Lindsay have had some knowledge of this "network" that led to her death or is this all a lot of speculation fueled by lurid accounts of "drug gang violence" in Vancouver? Lindsay's father (and lots of people in Victoria) seems to believe this is the connection (and that Jason and his mother are very much involved). It is not so clear if the Saanich PD is buying it.

The most tantalizing tidbit of information is the allegation from the father that Jason's mother called two of her coworkers and using a "fake" accent, pretended to be a prospective buyer, setting them up for the same fate as Lindsay. But did this really happen?

Incidentally, at least one witness definitely saw Lindsay greeting the "killer couple" as if they were legitimate clients. It would be extremely unlikely that they were anyone she knew. It is equally unlikely that the "woman" was really a "man". It is almost impossible to fool another woman close up.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back