CANADA Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

Assuming the real estate office had no involvement, I would still like to know how the killers got her private cell phone number and how they also knew the names of previous clients? Something is not adding up there.
ok so on ID's still a mystery about 23 min in her "best friend" states that she was always available to her customers and handling phone calls and emails at all times.
I think that was likely the easiest part for the perps.

ok so on ID's still a mystery about 23 min in her "best friend" states that she was always available to her customers and handling phone calls and emails at all times.
I think that was likely the easiest part for the perps.
:edit * Her father states she was nervous about going and even tried to verify the customer who had "referred" them to her but got no response so moved forward anyway.
Please trust your gut and stay safe people, if something feels wrong don't do it.

An issue that has never been definitely addressed is the phone number that Lindsay received the initial call from the “mystery buyer”. The accepted account of events is that the phone number that Lindsay received this on was her private cell phone and the “mystery buyer” must have gotten it from someone Lindsay knew. I question this because the calling her on a non-public number would raise suspicions while she could easily be reached through public numbers. That is how realtors get new business. The murderers appear to be careful and professional. If they wanted to appear to be Normal Customers, why wouldn’t they use a public phone number like a Normal Customer.

This issue is important because if it was a private number it suggests the murderers has access to someone close to her while a public number is no usable lead at all.

Realtors might include their personal number on business cards, web sites etc. That number would become a Public Number. They might give out their private number to a customer if there was a need to be in touch after hours but to receive a business call on such a number from a stranger would warrant the inquiry: how did you get this number. That issue was apparently not pursued by Lindsay.

The answer to this question is certainly known by law enforcement.

An issue that has never been definitely addressed is the phone number that Lindsay received the initial call from the “mystery buyer”. The accepted account of events is that the phone number that Lindsay received this on was her private cell phone and the “mystery buyer” must have gotten it from someone Lindsay knew. I question this because the calling her on a non-public number would raise suspicions while she could easily be reached through public numbers. That is how realtors get new business. The murderers appear to be careful and professional. If they wanted to appear to be Normal Customers, why wouldn’t they use a public phone number like a Normal Customer.

This issue is important because if it was a private number it suggests the murderers has access to someone close to her while a public number is no usable lead at all.

Realtors might include their personal number on business cards, web sites etc. That number would become a Public Number. They might give out their private number to a customer if there was a need to be in touch after hours but to receive a business call on such a number from a stranger would warrant the inquiry: how did you get this number. That issue was apparently not pursued by Lindsay.

The answer to this question is certainly known by law enforcement.
Intriguing idea.

I used the Wayback machine to try to find Lindsay's realtor profile but that link is dead (other links still work)
Realtors and real estate agents of REMAX Camosun Victoria, British Columbia

Just glancing through a few realtor profiles, it doesn't appear they printed their cellphone numbers, rather, the general office number (who had a receptionist) and their email address. That accords with my memories, you only gave someone you trusted your cell number. You wanted your cellphone free from non-urgent calls, to always be in contact with VIPs in your life.

So I agree, if the perps called her cell directly, that might be partly why she was so disturbed. If she hadn't given them her number, that was a new experience, to be approached by a client that way.

Assuming they contacted her directly (as story has always been told), I also agree it would mean there was no question but that the killers were in touch with someone quite close to her. It would rule out anyone not in that close circle.

In that scenario, I expect police would go back through her phone contacts very carefully, that would really narrow down the potential list of frenemies, drastically.

I realise. that Lindsay. would. have been taken by surprise, but whenever ive said to someone that they've been recommended to me, they've always asked me who it was.
if the police are correct and. neither her boyfriend nor. his family were involved, I can only think it. was. something to do with the. drugs gang....either Lindsay was killed because she knew something or they thought she did or. had done something against them.

the thing that confuses me is the sheer messiness of. the killing....but maybe this. is. what. happens. when they feel betrayed

Are there no new developments with this case? It seems crazy they can’t figure out who did this or obtain enough evidence to bring charges. Someone knows something.
Apparently the FBI offered to get involved but still there doesn't seem to be any progress being made. I don't understand. There has to be something that will lead to answers.

Apparently the FBI offered to get involved but still there doesn't seem to be any progress being made. I don't understand. There has to be something that will lead to answers.
Didnt think the FBI got involved in our countrys police cases, not that I would mind.

Ugh, still no answers. Family, supporters march for answers on 14th anniversary of Vancouver Island Realtor’s murder

The situation with the boyfriend has always been weird to me. He insists he's not involved though and even went as far as suing Lindsay's dad over comments made by visitors to the website he made about the case.
Whilst his mother seems a bit… overbearing and even shifty, I have never really thought it was either the boyfriend or Matt, the prior boyfriend. I heard or read that they know the burner phone came to the area like a day or two prior and that it had spent the night at Vid’s address. I really don’t remember where that information came from, but I honestly don’t understand why they haven’t solved this if they know that much. If true, it seems like he must be in on it or at the very least know who is.

This report by Capital Daily has the most complete timeline I've seen including info from the released court documents. It doesn't say much about the burner phone other than being registered under a fake name and it was only used for communicating with Lindsay. From the article:
According to the documents, the Saanich Police then immediately looked into the phone used to contact Buziak. It was pre-paid and had not been used to contact anyone but Buziak. The name used to register the phone was “Paulo Rodriquez,” which the Saanich Police determined to be a fake name.

Based on cell tower information, police appear to know the area where the phone was purchased, and where the person or people who used the phone are “mostly likely from.” Saanich Police determined the name of at least one person in possession of 'fictitiously registered' pre-paid phones allegedly used to 'facilitate illegal activity in a covert manner,' though nothing in the public record indicates whether police considered this person a suspect in Buziak’s murder, or ruled him out.
Capital Daily has said they're trying to get more documents released but not sure where they are at with it.

The easiest place to start here is a beautiful, innocent young woman was brutally murdered in a cowardly surprise attack while doing her job. Heart aches for her family. I know there are conflicting opinions on Jeff (her Dad) but I understand his frustration and willingness to do anything to find his daughter's killer. Now onto the case itself & everything MOO:

The Zailo Family
  • The obvious suspects here are the Zailo family but after listening to hours of podcasts and reading everything I could find, I don't think that theory holds weight. I will not rule out the possibility that members of the Zailo family knew what might happen to Lindsay given some of their loose connections to the criminal underworld in the area - more on that later - but thinking that Shirley and/or Jason planned this is too far-fetched.
  • Jason being there at the crime scene literally as the murder was taking place actually makes sense when I piece together the events of the day and him picking up his friend, not knowing where the house actually was and being a bit late.
  • The fact that Jason immediately ran upstairs and found Lindsay's body seems suspicious as hell at first, however when you piece together the stories of both him and his friend, it actually makes sense. IMO, Jason ran upstairs because his friend had come in through the back French doors on the main level, thus I believe Jason made the assumption that walking through the main level his friend didn't see Lindsay. Her shoes were in the entryway so it was a very reasonable assumption she was still in the house. From what I've seen from the layout of the upstairs once you get to the top of the stairs you could pretty easily and immediately see where the bottom half of LIndsay's body was sprawled out near the entryway to the bathroom/master bedroom area.
  • The only person that I've heard indicate that Lindsay was deathly afraid of Jason was from Jeff. I've heard him say things like Jason was "obsessive" and "overbearing" but never that he was physically abusive, which is often a precursor to murder, or had threatened her at any point. Also, if she was so uneasy about these mystery buyers, why would she ask Jason to come be there as well if she feared him? That just makes no sense.
  • Personally, I think Lindsay & Jason had the same relationship issues that any couple has and Jason probably was a pretty intense guy which came from his semi-pro hockey background as a competitive athlete and being a commissioned sales realtor who had to keep up his family name since his Mom was so heavily involved in that world. I believe that Jeff believes he was way more than that, but that's not reality. That's a broken father searching for answers for the senseless murder of his daughter.
In the end to me, the Zailo's aren't without suspicion, but they've been investigated up and down and there are only loose, have-to-mentally-leap or assume connections to them wanting Lindsay dead. Saying "Shirley is suspicious AF" as I see online all the time isn't a good enough answer.

If not the Zailo's - then who?
  • I believe the Saanich PD knows who the players are in this case and knows the who and how - but can't prove it yet in court. Multiple PD interviews about this case have admitted as much. They are very aware it wasn't the Zailo's and have at least a general understanding of how this senseless act came together.
  • In November 2007, just a few months before Lindsay was killed, someone in Victoria where she lived contacted the Calgary PD and anonymously advised them about a large drug shipment heading to Calgary. This began the framework for Operation High Noon which ended up being the largest drug bust in Canadian history at the time where $8M of cocaine was seized. This cocaine can be traced back to a distribution arm of the Sinaloa Cartel which was run by El Chapo at the time (yes, that El Chapo). They had a large arm that distributed coke in the Calgary area and by many accounts still do
  • IMO, the roots for this were planted during Lindsay's trip to Calgary six weeks prior to her murder to visit her Dad. While there, she contacted a former acquaintance - once through Facebook and once via text. She also went out several times with old friends while in Calgary, however even Jeff doesn't know to where since she's an adult
  • The former acquaintance was a family member of Erickson Delalcazar whose family essentially were deep in the drug trade in Victoria and profited handsomely from it
  • One of the main associates of the Delalcazar family was Vid Acevedo and he was dating a woman named Rianne who happened to work at the same Remax office Lindsay did and was one of Lindsay's good friends.
  • So you have a connection to this world right in LIndsay's backyard and one of her friends boyfriends was a known drug dealer that would've lost huge from OHN
  • In the drug world, if you lose product, it's on you to make the supplier of it whole again. Saying well it got seized, what can you do? is not an acceptable answer. So many people including Vid were down nearly $8M and had to show that they were taking care of the problem
  • Their problem was - everyone in the drug world knew OHN happened because of an informant but didn't know who the informant was and both the Saanich and Calgary PD have confirmed that it was not Lindsay. So it's very possible that someone basically sacrificed an innocent woman to save their own *advertiser censored* and show to those higher in the drug game in the area that 'the problem was solved'. This had to be done rather quickly which matches the timeline of NOV 2007 (informant) --> DEC 2007 (ONH takes place) --> FEB 2008 (Lindsay's murder)
  • One of the men charged in OHN was Leopoldo Beltran aka Leo. He is a Mexican citizen and was one of the leaders of the Calgary distribution network that was destroyed via OHN. Leo was reportedly enraged and was out for personal blood revenge on whoever snitched. Leo's sister Hermila Beltran also had a distribution point from her own home. Reports were that she personally wasn't dealing drugs, but knew it was happening and let them use her home because on the surface she was a law-abiding citizen so it wouldn't arouse suspicion
  • Looking at a physical description and pictures of both Leo & Hermila, they bear a remarkable resemblance to the woman in the colorful dress and her male partner aka the Mexican fake buyers that murdered Lindsay
  • The connections get deeper - Leo is married to a woman named Trudy. Trudy's brothers are two men who were and still are close friends with the Delalcazar family - see where I'm going with this?
  • Leo Beltran has been deported multiple times from Canada for criminal activity and being considered undesirable for immigration and was last known to be living in Mexico. He is currently barred from ever re-entering Canada. However, before he was deported the final time, it was revealed in court papers I believe that he was a suspect in an unnamed, ongoing investigation from several years prior. Very possible that was Lindsay's murder?
  • Leo would've been under intense pressure to recoup the $8M in losses and/or find the snitch because the breach happened on his watch. So in this theory, by sacrificing Lindsay, who he believed might've been the snitch anyway by the above, he solved all the problems and could report back to the cartel that he personally took care of it, etc.
It's ultra-complex and took me many listens to get it straight for myself, but TBH, the drug connection theory actually makes sense here when you track the timeline, players and their relationship to Lindsay and movements after the murder occurred.

The easiest place to start here is a beautiful, innocent young woman was brutally murdered in a cowardly surprise attack while doing her job. Heart aches for her family. I know there are conflicting opinions on Jeff (her Dad) but I understand his frustration and willingness to do anything to find his daughter's killer. Now onto the case itself & everything MOO:

The Zailo Family
  • The obvious suspects here are the Zailo family but after listening to hours of podcasts and reading everything I could find, I don't think that theory holds weight. I will not rule out the possibility that members of the Zailo family knew what might happen to Lindsay given some of their loose connections to the criminal underworld in the area - more on that later - but thinking that Shirley and/or Jason planned this is too far-fetched.
  • Jason being there at the crime scene literally as the murder was taking place actually makes sense when I piece together the events of the day and him picking up his friend, not knowing where the house actually was and being a bit late.
  • The fact that Jason immediately ran upstairs and found Lindsay's body seems suspicious as hell at first, however when you piece together the stories of both him and his friend, it actually makes sense. IMO, Jason ran upstairs because his friend had come in through the back French doors on the main level, thus I believe Jason made the assumption that walking through the main level his friend didn't see Lindsay. Her shoes were in the entryway so it was a very reasonable assumption she was still in the house. From what I've seen from the layout of the upstairs once you get to the top of the stairs you could pretty easily and immediately see where the bottom half of LIndsay's body was sprawled out near the entryway to the bathroom/master bedroom area.
  • The only person that I've heard indicate that Lindsay was deathly afraid of Jason was from Jeff. I've heard him say things like Jason was "obsessive" and "overbearing" but never that he was physically abusive, which is often a precursor to murder, or had threatened her at any point. Also, if she was so uneasy about these mystery buyers, why would she ask Jason to come be there as well if she feared him? That just makes no sense.
  • Personally, I think Lindsay & Jason had the same relationship issues that any couple has and Jason probably was a pretty intense guy which came from his semi-pro hockey background as a competitive athlete and being a commissioned sales realtor who had to keep up his family name since his Mom was so heavily involved in that world. I believe that Jeff believes he was way more than that, but that's not reality. That's a broken father searching for answers for the senseless murder of his daughter.
In the end to me, the Zailo's aren't without suspicion, but they've been investigated up and down and there are only loose, have-to-mentally-leap or assume connections to them wanting Lindsay dead. Saying "Shirley is suspicious AF" as I see online all the time isn't a good enough answer.

If not the Zailo's - then who?
  • I believe the Saanich PD knows who the players are in this case and knows the who and how - but can't prove it yet in court. Multiple PD interviews about this case have admitted as much. They are very aware it wasn't the Zailo's and have at least a general understanding of how this senseless act came together.
  • In November 2007, just a few months before Lindsay was killed, someone in Victoria where she lived contacted the Calgary PD and anonymously advised them about a large drug shipment heading to Calgary. This began the framework for Operation High Noon which ended up being the largest drug bust in Canadian history at the time where $8M of cocaine was seized. This cocaine can be traced back to a distribution arm of the Sinaloa Cartel which was run by El Chapo at the time (yes, that El Chapo). They had a large arm that distributed coke in the Calgary area and by many accounts still do
  • IMO, the roots for this were planted during Lindsay's trip to Calgary six weeks prior to her murder to visit her Dad. While there, she contacted a former acquaintance - once through Facebook and once via text. She also went out several times with old friends while in Calgary, however even Jeff doesn't know to where since she's an adult
  • The former acquaintance was a family member of Erickson Delalcazar whose family essentially were deep in the drug trade in Victoria and profited handsomely from it
  • One of the main associates of the Delalcazar family was Vid Acevedo and he was dating a woman named Rianne who happened to work at the same Remax office Lindsay did and was one of Lindsay's good friends.
  • So you have a connection to this world right in LIndsay's backyard and one of her friends boyfriends was a known drug dealer that would've lost huge from OHN
  • In the drug world, if you lose product, it's on you to make the supplier of it whole again. Saying well it got seized, what can you do? is not an acceptable answer. So many people including Vid were down nearly $8M and had to show that they were taking care of the problem
  • Their problem was - everyone in the drug world knew OHN happened because of an informant but didn't know who the informant was and both the Saanich and Calgary PD have confirmed that it was not Lindsay. So it's very possible that someone basically sacrificed an innocent woman to save their own *advertiser censored* and show to those higher in the drug game in the area that 'the problem was solved'. This had to be done rather quickly which matches the timeline of NOV 2007 (informant) --> DEC 2007 (ONH takes place) --> FEB 2008 (Lindsay's murder)
  • One of the men charged in OHN was Leopoldo Beltran aka Leo. He is a Mexican citizen and was one of the leaders of the Calgary distribution network that was destroyed via OHN. Leo was reportedly enraged and was out for personal blood revenge on whoever snitched. Leo's sister Hermila Beltran also had a distribution point from her own home. Reports were that she personally wasn't dealing drugs, but knew it was happening and let them use her home because on the surface she was a law-abiding citizen so it wouldn't arouse suspicion
  • Looking at a physical description and pictures of both Leo & Hermila, they bear a remarkable resemblance to the woman in the colorful dress and her male partner aka the Mexican fake buyers that murdered Lindsay
  • The connections get deeper - Leo is married to a woman named Trudy. Trudy's brothers are two men who were and still are close friends with the Delalcazar family - see where I'm going with this?
  • Leo Beltran has been deported multiple times from Canada for criminal activity and being considered undesirable for immigration and was last known to be living in Mexico. He is currently barred from ever re-entering Canada. However, before he was deported the final time, it was revealed in court papers I believe that he was a suspect in an unnamed, ongoing investigation from several years prior. Very possible that was Lindsay's murder?
  • Leo would've been under intense pressure to recoup the $8M in losses and/or find the snitch because the breach happened on his watch. So in this theory, by sacrificing Lindsay, who he believed might've been the snitch anyway by the above, he solved all the problems and could report back to the cartel that he personally took care of it, etc.
It's ultra-complex and took me many listens to get it straight for myself, but TBH, the drug connection theory actually makes sense here when you track the timeline, players and their relationship to Lindsay and movements after the murder occurred.
I dont know if you've got the right answer but it seems very plausible to me....thanks for all your hard work, not. least. sharing it with us

I dont know if you've got the right answer but it seems very plausible to me....thanks for all your hard work, not. least. sharing it with us
My pleasure and thank you for the kind words. This one is just maddening because it happened in broad daylight in a residential area with an electronic trail. It's a very solvable case. Jeff and family deserve justice for their loved one.

The Zailo family being the masterminds behind this or the theory I proposed are the only two possible answers here IMO. Lindsay was not sexually assaulted, nor robbed nor did anything else happen in that house besides she was violently murdered. That was the only point of the Mexican couple setting up the house showing with her. It was a targeted assassination.

I saw a few comments elsewhere that the hit wasn't professionally done because it wasn't a clean one shot from a gun and since she was stabbed so many times, that means it was personal and points to the Zailo's/Jason. I say nonsense to that.

The wounds described and attack timeframe noted by the police, which they have narrowed down to 5:38 - 5:41 PM is incredibly tight. They know this because Lindsay's phone pocket dialed an associate she hadn't talked to in years and the voicemail left only captured muffled sounds with no voice. It's believed that happened in the midst of the attack and her BlackBerry was hit and dialed it.

Additionally, Lindsay had no defensive wounds on her body and police are very certain she was assaulted from behind and probably never saw it coming. The short, quick succession of stab wounds are reminiscent of a prison shanking. Hit the target fast, fast, fast in multiple spots with no chance to hit back or defend themselves. For anyone who watches Breaking Bad, think the prison hits scene which is incredibly realistic. The nature of the attack and wounds also led me to believe the perpetrator(s) had experience with such prison shanks before or knew someone who had - aka Leo Beltran since he was no stranger to both violence and prison.

Regardless if my theory is right or wrong, I really hope this is solved and the family and above all Lindsay gets justice.

I have followed this case since the beginning and I have never had any reason to believe anyone in the Zailo was involved. There may be some subtle misogyny at work: some people just don’t like successful women and are quick to believe such women are capable of all sorts of evil.

The drug connection is far more likely. BC has a lower murder rate than most US states but those that do occur can often be described as “ drug related”. Most of those follow the pattern of garden variety “ criminal on criminal” murders. I am not aware of any other murders in BC in the last 15 years that appear to sophisticated “hits”. Perhaps some BC residents are more familiar with the situation there.

It is true however that Lindsay had connections to serious cocaine trafficking. There is no evidence that she was involved; directly or indirectly, but there were people within her social circle, both in Victoria and back in Calgary, who were. Law Enforcement has vehemently denied that she was involved in any way and that she was not an informant. Of course, we know how forthcoming LE is about who their drug informants are.

There is that possibility that Lindsay was killed because it was believed, incorrectly, that she was an informant. Her getting together with her “ old friend” in Calgary around Christmas, who just happened to be the brother, and business associates of Eric Delacazar raises all kind of suspicions. The Delacazar family lost millions worth of product in a raid that occurred soon after. (did he tell her something he shouldn’t have and she is suspected of ratting the family out?). It is worth noting that the “burner phone” used in the murder, was purchased in November, before Lindsay’s meetup in Calgary. Whoever provided the information that resulted in the Big Cocaine Bust had very specific information about where and where a large amount of product could be found. A casual social contact would be unlikely to have such information unless the traffickers were very indiscreet. For whatever it is worth, Lindsay and her boyfriend Jason appear to have been hard working Real Estate professionals who did not have any “ unexplained” source of income. Additionally, no other murders have been attributed to this network in BC. None of this proves anything but it raised the distinct possibility that Lindsay’s murder was not “ drug related”.

I have speculated that it could have been a sex related murder arranged to fulfill a fantasy of stabbing to death a young, attractive woman. An encounter between a real estate agent and a prospective customer, in a vacant house, provides an ideal scene to commit a murder as long as the customer’s real identity can be concealed. The autopsy has not been made public but apparently the cause of death was multiple stable wounds to the chest and breast area. There are rumors that the number of stab wounds was excessive; over forty. Others, who claim direct information, claim it was closer to 15. Either way it seems unnecessarily messy if it was simply to be sure to she was dead. I think the number, location and pattern of the stab wounds would be critical evidence of the motive for this murder.

It is true however that Lindsay had connections to serious cocaine trafficking. There is no evidence that she was involved; directly or indirectly, but there were people within her social circle, both in Victoria and back in Calgary, who were. Law Enforcement has vehemently denied that she was involved in any way and that she was not an informant. Of course, we know how forthcoming LE is about who their drug informants are.

There is that possibility that Lindsay was killed because it was believed, incorrectly, that she was an informant. Her getting together with her “ old friend” in Calgary around Christmas, who just happened to be the brother, and business associates of Eric Delacazar raises all kind of suspicions. The Delacazar family lost millions worth of product in a raid that occurred soon after. (did he tell her something he shouldn’t have and she is suspected of ratting the family out?). It is worth noting that the “burner phone” used in the murder, was purchased in November, before Lindsay’s meetup in Calgary. Whoever provided the information that resulted in the Big Cocaine Bust had very specific information about where and where a large amount of product could be found. A casual social contact would be unlikely to have such information unless the traffickers were very indiscreet. For whatever it is worth, Lindsay and her boyfriend Jason appear to have been hard working Real Estate professionals who did not have any “ unexplained” source of income. Additionally, no other murders have been attributed to this network in BC. None of this proves anything but it raised the distinct possibility that Lindsay’s murder was not “ drug related”.
Excellent points & analysis. I have long wondered what it was that made Lindsay tell her father she "saw something she shouldn't have seen" when in Calgary. It coincided nearly perfectly with the contact with the Delacazar brother and her going out while in Calgary.

Rampant speculation as to what it was, but it must have been serious enough for her to mention it to her Dad. Probably not just something like she saw someone smoking a joint. The fact that she said she saw something she shouldn't have vs. heard something leads me to believe the Delacazar brother may have shown her a large amount of cocaine - perhaps trying to show off to impress her. Like, look at how I'm a big man on campus in this drug trade and so on.

Let's be real too - Lindsay was young, outgoing, friendly and quite physically attractive and likely attracted the attention of many men and even if she was attached and didn't reciprocate, that wouldn't stop guys from that world from trying to hook up with her. The breast enlargement surgery she had just had probably enhanced this.

Shortly thereafter, the BCB happens and the Delacazar family gets burned. It's easy to fit Lindsay as a scapegoat into that timeframe if in fact that's what her old friend showed/told/etc. her.

I do 100% agree with you that while Lindsay was completely uninvolved in the drug trade, she certainly had many friends and acquaintances that were in it and associated with people known to be heavily involved. For example, Rianne from the Remax office who dated Vid Acevedo who was one of the Delacazar's right hand men.

Regarding the burner phone, I've always thought it was originally purchased to be just that - an untraceable phone to be used for nefarious means whenever the purchasers of it needed. Once the BCB happened, they found their reason for using it. It was probably one of many burner phones whoever perpetrated this had/used.

Much has been made of Leo Beltran as a possible suspect in Lindsay’s murder. At the time of the murder, he was living in Calgary with his wife Trudy and his two children. He was illegally in Canada while his wife and children are Canadian citizens. He had entered Canada illegally and then deported three times but his only criminal record involves immigration issues, not drug trafficking. There are suggestions that he was involved in trafficking with the Delacazar family but no convictions. The fact that he was unable to remain in Canada in spite of having a wife and children there suggests that he may have been considered undesirable for some reason. That isn’t much evidence he is a murderer. His sister Hermila is a US citizen who was supposed to have been living in Vancoveer BC at the time of the murder. There is that suggestion that she and her brother “resembled” the “ hit couple” but they looked like pretty generic folks in their 30’s or 40’s. Is there any real evidence linking them to the murder?

The burner phone was purchased by a male using a fake name that was a common Spanish name so it is very possible that he was Hispanic. Could Leo be placed in BC at the time of the murder or the phone purchase. There have been rumors that Canadian Authorities know who purchased the phone. That seems to the lynchpin to the whole case, if true. According to the link below, both of the Beltran siblings are living in California and their whereabouts are known. I am skeptical that there is any real evidence on them.

The burner phone is very critical evidence in this case and a lot is known. While I suppose some criminals buy burner phones “just so they will have one if they need it” I suspect most are purchased with a specific purpose in mind. That phone was purchased well before the murder, the drug bust and Lindsay’s meeting in Calgary.

One of the main associates of the Delalcazar family was Vid Acevedo and he was dating a woman named Rianne who happened to work at the same Remax office Lindsay did and was one of Lindsay's good friends.

One of the men charged in OHN was Leopoldo Beltran aka Leo. He is a Mexican citizen and was one of the leaders of the Calgary distribution network that was destroyed via OHN. Leo was reportedly enraged and was out for personal blood revenge on whoever snitched. Leo's sister Hermila Beltran also had a distribution point from her own home. Reports were that she personally wasn't dealing drugs, but knew it was happening and let them use her home because on the surface she was a law-abiding citizen so it wouldn't arouse suspicion
Those are really good possibilities with clear motive. I've always thought Cartel related killers go to great lengths to cover up their crimes though. Meaning there wouldn't be any body to discover. The fact the woman was wearing a distinct (and memorable) dress seems a bit odd as well as it would definitely get people's attention. Not something a cartel killer would chose to wear for the crime, imo. Yet those theories fit better than any other so far. I genuinely believe Lindsay was just in the wrong place at the wrong time

Here's a comparison of the police sketch of the woman and a photo of Hermila Rojo Beltran. The images have not been altered in any way. This is for comparison purposes only. Imo, they do look similar but I personally would want to see more angles. I wish there were a front facing version of the sketch as well. We also have no idea what the man's face looked like. All we have is a basic description which could be anybody, really.
Hermila and sketch.jpg

Sources for the images are here and here.

ive always been surprised that the woman wore such a distinctive. dress...it must. have. drawn peoples attention to her.

in the past, I did recognise someone from an edit sketch...I never thought it would be so distinctive...a friend. notified the police before I did...but, to be fair, the crime was in the area where we knew this person lived and it was a front face sketch...could well be her though

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back