CANADA Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

Luanne

That's me in the corner
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I would really hate to be a female real estate agent. I've heard of this happening before, and I believe I've even seen "rules" to follow if you are a female RE agent so this doesn't happen to you.

I hope they solve this one soon.

Wow. This happens to a realtor every few years. Always so sad.
I found another article with her photo. She was stunningly beautiful.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080205.wbcrealtor05/BNStory/National

The "rule" is, never meet a client in a vacant home without that client first meeting you at your office.

From the article, and this is really weird.

"Ms. Buziak apparently went to the newly constructed $964,000 home in the upscale neighbourhood on Saturday hoping to make a sale, after she agreed to help a female client find a million-dollar home before nightfall. The woman's identity has not been revealed, but sources at the real estate agency, Re/Max Camosun, said that Ms. Buziak found the woman's demands odd and the situation made her nervous."

I had an RE license for about 8 years before I became a parent. The chances of a legitimate buyer calling and needing to find a million-dollar home before nightfall is unheard of. This would have had my hinkey meter flying. I wish she would have listened to her instincts.... She was obviously targeted but why, she wasn't the listing agent. And a female "buyer" too, which is odd. I don't recall any news stories of a realtor being murdered by a female.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ... am surprised at what a small window of time the killer/s had. Lindsay met with the "prospective" buyer at the home at 5:30 and her boyfriend arrived at the home by 6:15 and found her dead.

Hmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally a bit of news released on this case, looks definitely like a "professional" job but it doesn't sound like they're much closer to solving it than they were 2 years ago...

New theory: Killers hit Buziak by mistake

Lindsay Buziak, the 24-year-old real estate agent stabbed to death as she showed a Gordon Head home two years ago, may have been mistakenly targeted in a contract killing, police say.

Read more: http://www.timescolonist.com/news/theory+Killers+Buziak+mistake/3218003/story.html#ixzz0sJvlh8K2

from what I have learned about this case from the past two days I've been researching it, it seems to me that she may have known her killers.

she was stabbed 54 times in an upstairs back bedroom not viewable from the street.

I have a few questions :

1. Where did the very detailed description of the couple who Lindsay was showing the house to come from ? Did the couple show up at the house together. Who saw them, and did anyone see their vehicle ?

2. Did Lindsay obtain and note any names in her appointment calendar ? Also, I read that the house was priced at just under 1 million. Most realtors would obtain some financial information from a potential buyer before they would show a house like that. Did Lindsay note any financial information, such as an employer ?

3. Why did Jason Zallo call 911 as soon as he called Lindsay, and she didn't answer ? I read that he then went to the house, entered through a backdoor,and found her body ? I assume that all of this happened before LE showed up ?

4. I read that Lindsay was a bit apprehensive abouit the showing,after the male called her and told her he would be seeing the house alone. Why didn't she take Jason,or someone else with her ?

Couple more questions :

1. Has LE indicated that Lindsay was sexually assaulted ? I have not read that she was,so am * assuming * that she wasn't....

2. Concerning the Paulo Rodriguez cellphone, did LE get a list of all calls made BEORE the woman called Lindsay ? How about cell phone pings ?

Some ideas :

A lot of planning went into this killing, even down to the cell phone alias. Lindsay may have been targeted based solely on her bio on the realtor's website : she was the youngest realtor.Did the killer(s) think she was also the most naive ? Did they believe she would be easy to fool with regard to their financial assets ? And therefore,did they believe she would show them the house without too many questions ?

They seemed to want to kill her inside the house. They seemed to have a huge amount of anger.

I was interested to read that the owner of the land sold it to a developer ; the houses were not occupied, and not all of the houses were even finished. Looking at photos of the area, it is just beautiful. Very serene.

I am wondering if this killing could be the work of an environmental extremist group ? They have been arsonists, could they have stepped over the line to commit murder, and make a point,send a message ?

All JMO

I did some more reading. It turns out that the day after Lindsay was killed, another young female realtor there got a strange phone call from a woman with a "heavy foreign accent ".The woman said that she wanted to buy a house in the million dollar range. The young realtor, Jasmine Parsons, had oreviously dated.... Jason Zailo, Lindsay's boyfriend.

Jason Zailo hired a well known criminal lawyer. LE had Jason and his lawyer go over to the house to do a reinactment of the evening when Jason found Lindsay's body. LE searched the gutters of the house....

What if the couple didn't speak english as a firat language, and didn't watch local news ? And so they didn't know about the murder ? And they left the country soon after ? What if they really did want to buy a house, and hence the call to Jasmine Parsons ? In such a small group of young real estate people,it could have been a coincidence that Jason had dated Jasmine.

My other theory won't hold water ; LE won't say if the potential buyers asked specifically to look at that house,or if Lindsay selected that house to show them...

Okay, yes, it could well have been someone Lindsay knew.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back