CANADA Canada - Lisa Marie Young, 21, Nanaimo, BC, 30 June 2002

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by luckyducky, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Quoththeraven

Quoththeraven Active Member

"come get me, they won't let me leave."

It wasn't just Christopher Adai. Another person(s) is involved.

dotr likes this.

2. tarabull

tarabull Life is a puzzle.

3. Palmerl

Palmerl New Member

Greetings. Thank you for posting the update with the story about the podcast. There is a lot of new information as I did an original investigation over a 6 month period. Lisa's case is solvable and I think the involvement of this group could help. I gather there are some protocols regarding promoting podcasts so I won't post a link here but would encourage those who are interested in the case to seek it out. I've included a few additional links to MSM stories by way of establishing my credibility on the case.
    New podcast sheds light on disappearance of Lisa Young from Nanaimo
    Back on the Beat - June 6, 2020 - CKNW Programming - Omny.fm
    Case of missing Nanaimo woman inspires new true crime podcast - Nanaimo News Bulletin

tarabull and dotr like this.
  4. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Welcome to WsPalmerl, great to have you here!

tarabull and Palmerl like this.
  5. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Nanaimo marches for answers about missing woman Lisa Marie Young - Nanaimo News Bulletin

upload_2020-6-28_22-45-25.jpeg
    Nanaimo marches for answers about missing woman Lisa Marie Young
    March happened Sunday morning, Lights out for Lisa event is Tuesday, June 30.

Community members gathered to march in memory of a Nanaimo woman who has been missing 18 years, and to ask for answers that have never come in that time.

Several dozen people met Sunday at the Nanaimo RCMP detachment and marched to the waterfront to draw attention to the case of Lisa Marie Young, who went missing June 30, 2002.

Nanaimo Mayor Leonard Krog has proclaimed Tuesday, June 30, as Lights on for Lisa. The Bastion will be lit in Young’s favourite colour, lime green, and citizens are encouraged to leave their patio lights on that night.

tarabull, Palmerl, dotr and 1 other person like this.
  6. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

New information and technology help Vancouver Island RCMP in case of missing woman - Victoria News

This month marks 19 years since Lisa Marie Young disappeared and police on Vancouver Island say they are following new leads in the investigation.

Young, an Indigenous woman, disappeared in Nanaimo in the early-morning hours on June 30, 2002, in a case police consider a homicide. Investigators gave an update at a press conference at the RCMP detachment in Nanaimo on Saturday, June 26.

Many investigators have worked on the file over the 19 years and Cpl. Markus Muntener, current co-lead investigator, said new information has come to light. Muntener said there is information he can’t share, as it is an active investigation, but police have “completed numerous searches in the last year.

Truth Prevails and dotr like this.
  7. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

So, are there many red jags in Nanaimo, were many used ones sold that year?
    From link, rbbm.
    ''She accepted a ride from a house party to get food from man in a red Jaguar she had met earlier in the evening. Young later phoned a friend to say she was in the car on a Bowen Rd. driveway and being held against her will.

Nanaimo RCMP confirmed the driver of the jaguar remains a person of interest.''

8. The 'Wood

The 'Wood Member

I have never seen a red Jaguar, ever, anywhere in the world. (They are usually British Racing Green... then some other colours occasionally, but not red.) That doesn't meant they don't exist... but Jaguars are not common, and red ones, much less so.

9. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Owned by his granny?
    Disappearance of Lisa Marie Young - Wikipedia
    [​IMG]
    Image of the model of the red Jaguar Lisa Marie Young was last seen in with Christopher William Adair.

Christopher William Adair was interviewed two months after Young's disappearance.[4] Adair was previously convicted of assault,[12] fraud,[13] and theft[14] in Kamloops, British Columbia, and unauthorized use of credit cards[15] in Edmonton, Alberta. ''

10. The 'Wood

The 'Wood Member

Thanks dotr... don't know how I missed in a previous post that we know who had the red Jaguar... makes things more clear, does it not?

dotr likes this.
  11. Rob774

Rob774 Well-Known Member

Pisses me off that this guy was interviewed and he walks. I get it, I have seen similar cases. No body... no crime. Police have kept their eye on him probably the entire time, but probably don't have anything to go on. All he has to say is he dropped her off somewhere. Even if he is lying, still no proof. Bless these parents for their calm, because after I heard about the text of behind held against her will, me and the main suspect would have had a talk at some point. I don't think he would have liked it.