GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by los2188, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frannie

Frannie Well-Known Member

From LICRIT: Is it possible that there is another besides V and B?

The 11 p.m. news said that the police is not looking for anyone else.

2. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I think they have the right "killers". They haven't been formally charged yet. I'm confident all the evidence they need they have.

3. kdgdid

kdgdid Member

They were not roommates LS sub let her apartment to them.
    If they had just kicked her out of the car she could of flagged down a passing motorist. Where she was found was on the Trans Canada it is heavily traveled.
    Also if they had not meant to kill her the charge would be manslaughter. The charge of murder in Canada means a deliberate act meant to kill.

4. Truth Prevails

Truth Prevails Well-Known Member

It's just heartbreaking to hear this news. I didn't see how the ending could be different but it's still painful to have it acknowledged.

My deepest condolences go out to her family and friends.

5. Kensie

Kensie Well-Known Member

RIP Loretta. So sad and tragic.

6. LitCrit

LitCrit New Member

Tragic in any event. My condolences to all who were affected.

7. Tugela

Tugela Well-Known Member

In the articles I have read the other two are described as room mates who had been living with her for a month (see here)

You can read about what constitutes murder in Canada as opposed to manslaughter here. Specifically:

The critical difference is the intent. If you drop someone off at the side of the road in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night in winter, you know there is a high probability of injury or death, but you do it anyway. That would meet the criteria for a murder charge.

My point is, we are making a big assumption that she was physically murdered - just the act of kicking her out of the car would lead to the same charge.

8. Karjinx

Karjinx Member

It will be interesting to hear the cause of death. Your theory is interesting, but I don't believe it was accidental. Nor being pushed from the car. She was in the center median. The driver would have to throw her out the driver's side window or door, unless there were 2 people seated in the drivers seat, or they were driving the wrong way in the hammer lane on the Trans Canada highway. I believe this is a 2 door vehicle. That eliminates being ejected from the rear seat by another rear seat passenger.

9. Swampthing

Swampthing New Member

Tugela,

I am sorry but now is not the time to rehash media reports. Don't believe everything your 6 o'clock news tell you. Read the feed, get the facts, and then present your theory, but for us mourning her loss, it hurts to see people bring up such ideas when even we are 5 steps behind the officials and know Loretta was subletting her place to them

10. otto

otto Verified Expert

Police are still investigating. When they know what happened, they'll bring the appropriate charges. The suspects are in custody and will remain in custody because they both had prior arrest warrants.

11. kdgdid

kdgdid Member

I do doubt that they kicked her out of the car. Salsbury is 20 km from Moncton on a well traveled road if she was fine she could of flagged a car down .She was also last seen wearing winter gear coat, hat, boots. Both accused are known to be aggressive, he had warrant for assault in Calgary and she had a warrant in NS for uttering threats.Both were charged with fraud for using her card meaning they stole it. Both were charged with stealing her car and they had her phone which someone text the bf on the evening of the 13th looking for info to access to her online banking info.Someone also text her sister on Feb 14th, the sister does not believe the text came from LS. This was not a tiff between room mates.
    Her bf has stated and all the recent MSM have stated she sub let the apartment to the 2 accused who she met through Kijii and she had moved into her bf's apartment in Jan. She left her bf's apt the morning of the 13th to go over to the sublet apt to pick up overdo rent.
    I will wait however until they are actually charged and the police bring forth the evidence.
    VH goes to court tomorrow and BL on Friday.

12. matou

matou #los2188

This was in the original report, now updated:

Police did not say why they think Saunders is dead.

"Unfortunately, we're confident Ms. Saunders has passed," he said.

Bourdages said more than one person will face murder charges and that they would be laid "as soon as possible."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...tion-1.2552572

This means that LE knew as fact that Loretta was dead before they found her. This case was called a homicide before her body was found. IMO VH told police exactly where to find her body, not where they "dropped her off" while alive. If she was tied up, unable to walk, even in the car against her will alive and conscious, there would be a kidnapping charge and because she died, a murder charge. JMO

13. elepher50

elepher50 Help find Adji

Just high lighting this part to help clear up any misunderstandings from old non factual news reports.

14. LayzeeDayzee

LayzeeDayzee Well-Known Member

With all due respect I think you're giving them way too much credit.

They were never her roommates. They merely sublet her apartment when she moved in with her boyfriend and I don't believe they'd even been there for more than a month or so?

I personally believe they cold-blooded murdered her. I also believe that they attempted to get her debit card info AFTER she was already dead. I don't believe for a minute that they just opened the car door on the highway and told her to get out. I believe, sadly, that she was dead in the car and they essentially dumped her body out of the car, like a bag of trash.

May the perps both rot in hell, but sadly here in Canada, criminals don't ever get the prison time that they deserve, which is a freaking joke.

15. elepher50

elepher50 Help find Adji

16. Coldpizza

Coldpizza Retired WS Staff

So sorry to get here this morning and read the news.

Rest peacefully Loretta

:rose:

17. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I agree ^ that these 2 murdered poor Loretta in cold blood. IMO they killed her for wanting rent money. They killed for her car and her bank card. They killed her because they have no regard for human life. Murders happen everyday across the Country with much less to gain. May their lives be eternal hell for what they have taken :jail:

18. elepher50

elepher50 Help find Adji

19. Dee10

Dee10 Well-Known Member

It certainly looks like someone talked (((YAY)))), I was worried they or she at least would have gotten bail. I don't give whomever much credit for talking as her body would have been discovered relatively soon as she was in such an open area & the weather would be warming up soon, which the confessor would have known. Hopefully the "other" idiot will plead guilty and save everyone (especially the family) a trial.

20. elepher50

elepher50 Help find Adji

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.