GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remembering Loretta Saunders: journalist and friend says she touched many

As I write this, I’m not sure what I should type, or what I can even say to describe the pain that’s reverberating throughout Labrador right now. We’ve lost one of our own, in the most tragic way possible.

A beautiful young woman, three months pregnant, murdered while on her way to becoming a lawyer; a full life ahead of her.

http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/95...-journalist-and-friend-says-she-touched-many/

My fingers are crossed here that the controversy surrounding Karla Homolka's sentencing deal in the 90's comes into play here. I live in Toronto and remember what a huge embarrassment that was.

I have to say, I am shocked by the stupidity of these two (or whichever one of them) to have left the body on a 'busy highway median'.

I believed it would be VH who would talk now that she was removed from the pressure of being around BL. She may have pinpointed the location, but if it's on a highway median, someone could have discovered it. But she came back a day later due to "logistics", could she have been in the process of leading them to the body? Do we have any traffic reports about what time the road was closed?

The median of the divided highway is about 300 feet wide. In many areas, it is filled with trees. I'm not convinced that it was an area where anyone would be easily discovered

The median of the divided highway is about 300 feet wide. In many areas, it is filled with trees. I'm not convinced that it was an area where anyone would be easily discovered
It had snowed 2x that week including 1 x where there was 10 cm of snow.

If you scroll down here: https://twitter.com/Brett_Global you may notice that the photo of Victoria sitting in the car is actually the image I posted here. It looks like Brett is reading here, so if we have any questions for him, I suspect that we can post them here and he'll do what he can to find the answers.

One point I have for him is if he could please set the record straight regarding Loretta's studies. Her undergraduate thesis supervisor said that her 28 page proposal was to research three missing/deceased women in Nova Scotia. In the news, that has morphed into that she was a master's student completing her thesis in missing aboriginal women in Canada.

“Saunders, an Inuk woman, had been studying at St. Mary’s for three years, and was in the process of completing a thesis on missing and murdered aboriginal women.

She was … a bright, smart master’s student,” Maloney[president of the Nova Scotia Native Women’s Association] said. “This is not what everyone expects, but she is at-risk, she is vulnerable. Every aboriginal girl in this country is vulnerable.”

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/halifa...dent-loretta-saunders-1.1705250#ixzz2uXqQpN31

Loretta Saunders: Courage, Strength, and Resilience
by Darryl Leroux (undergraduate honour's thesis supervisor)
February 20, 2014

"Loretta’s research broaches a topic [submitted Feb 4] that is largely taboo in Canadian society: the heartbreaking phenomenon of missing and murdered indigenous women. In particular, Loretta aims to understand the disappearance and/or death of three indigenous women in Nova Scotia."

http://halifax.mediacoop.ca/story/loretta-saunders-courage-strength-and-resilience/21773

My fingers are crossed here that the controversy surrounding Karla Homolka's sentencing deal in the 90's comes into play here. I live in Toronto and remember what a huge embarrassment that was.

I don't think that will ever happen again. Some of us thought Terri Lyne McClintic would get a deal in the Victoria Stafford case because she assisted LE in locating Tori's body (or pretended to) but she was charged with first degree murder same as her evil boyfriend.

If you scroll down here: https://twitter.com/Brett_Global you may notice that the photo of Victoria sitting in the car is actually the image I posted here. It looks like Brett is reading here, so if we have any questions for him, I suspect that we can post them here and he'll do what he can to find the answers.

One point I have for him is if he could please set the record straight regarding Loretta's studies. Her undergraduate thesis supervisor said that her 28 page proposal was to research three missing/deceased women in Nova Scotia. In the news, that has morphed into that she was a master's student completing her thesis in missing aboriginal women in Canada.

“Saunders, an Inuk woman, had been studying at St. Mary’s for three years, and was in the process of completing a thesis on missing and murdered aboriginal women.

She was … a bright, smart master’s student,” Maloney[president of the Nova Scotia Native Women’s Association] said. “This is not what everyone expects, but she is at-risk, she is vulnerable. Every aboriginal girl in this country is vulnerable.”

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/halifa...dent-loretta-saunders-1.1705250#ixzz2uXqQpN31

Loretta Saunders: Courage, Strength, and Resilience
by Darryl Leroux (undergraduate honour's thesis supervisor)
February 20, 2014

"Loretta’s research broaches a topic [submitted Feb 4] that is largely taboo in Canadian society: the heartbreaking phenomenon of missing and murdered indigenous women. In particular, Loretta aims to understand the disappearance and/or death of three indigenous women in Nova Scotia."

http://halifax.mediacoop.ca/story/loretta-saunders-courage-strength-and-resilience/21773

Do you think the rent money wasn't the motive? Do you think there are other victims by these 2 monsters? Maybe Loretta was about to uncover more?

She looks rather pleased with herself: Victoria Henneberry (alias: Hennebury, Galbraith)

It had snowed 2x that week including 1 x where there was 10 cm of snow.

Here is a picture showing the amount of snow. The link should take you to a bigger picture, but I'm not positive it will work for everyone.

(It does work for me, but I'm signed in.)

21l906f.jpg

https://telegraph_journal.s3.amazonaws.com/story-images/gallerylandscape-desktop/7479506-4218.jpg

That it was. I do feel confident we wont see that happen again. If we look at the Stafford case both rec'd the same sentence despite McClintic pleading guilty and assisting LE in the location of Tori.

I don't think that will ever happen again. Some of us thought Terri Lyne McClintic would get a deal in the Victoria Stafford case because she assisted LE in locating Tori's body (or pretended to) but she was charged with first degree murder same as her evil boyfriend.

Didn't see your post until after mine. Agree.

They travelled ~2000 km before they were arrested, and ~250km before they put Loretta in the median.

Do you think the rent money wasn't the motive? Do you think there are other victims by these 2 monsters? Maybe Loretta was about to uncover more?

The motive could be theft in terms of non-payment of rent, car, bank accounts, but it could also be far more sinister. This happened the day before Valentine's Day, and that could have played a part in decisions made by Victoria and Blake. I think police are going to wait for autopsy results before laying charges. Sexual assault and cause of death are unanswered questions at this time. Given the cold weather, hopefully the evidence was preserved and that there was very little physical deterioration of the remains.

Loretta was going to research three missing/deceased women in NS, but I don't see any reason for her to discuss that research paper with the people subletting her apartment. There may be more victims. Given the mobility of the suspects over the last couple of years, there could be victims anywhere from BC to NS.

The motive could be theft in terms of non-payment of rent, car, bank accounts, but it could also be far more sinister. This happened the day before Valentine's Day, and that could have played a part in decisions made by Victoria and Blake. I think police are going to wait for autopsy results before laying charges. Sexual assault and cause of death are unanswered questions at this time. Given the cold weather, hopefully the evidence was preserved and that there was very little physical deterioration of the remains.

Loretta was going to research three missing/deceased women in NS, but I don't see any reason for her to discuss that research paper with the people subletting her apartment. There may be more victims. Given the mobility of the suspects over the last couple of years, there could be victims anywhere from BC to NS.

Rbbm.

After looking at your excellent map,( thanks! ) it was easy to imagine those two getting up to all manner of sordidness along the route.imo.

I'm left to wonder if either of them are on that S&M site like the other Canadian couple who murdered the young woman on New Year's Eve. I can't remember any specific names or websites at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member