GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something about this case seems off. I know VandB are the obvious suspects... afterall they had her car and bank card... however something just isn't sitting right with me. Is it possible the couple had 'permission' by someone to take the car? Which is why they seemed so careless about being traced?..if they had her car and bank card directly from loretta then wouldnt they have took other things?....and if lorettas life was being threatened im sure she would have given up her pin number in a heartbeat..
If they had 'permission' to take the car.. lorettas bankcard could have just been in it.. and they took advantage of that. I leave my card and just my card in my car all the time.... all the theories playing out in my head are driving me crazy!. I just home LE is considering all possibilities and is not getting tunnel vision by the 2 suspects.

The bank card may have been in the car but they also had her cell phone. Just cannot see anyone giving the two arrested (BL and VH) permission to take car, cell phone and bank card. These three items are one's day to day life blood right there and BL and VH were in possession of these three items of Loretta's.
Motive: Money/Greed

Who would give them permission - cannot think of anybody else who would stand to gain anything from these two having possession of Loretta's items.

Hope they are acting like little canaries. All my opinion only.

Who is LE? Loretta Saunders, the boyfriend, the sister, the family, Victoria Henneberry (possible alias: Hennebury), Blake Leggette.

This is the court docket information for Blake Leggette (wanted on another warrant in Alberta): theft, fraud (stayed)

Sorry typo I meant LS the last time her bf saw her she was wearing a black coat dark jeans and tan ugg like boots. Yesterday her bf said she was also wearing a black hat.

Where did it come from that Loretta's debit card was only used in Ontario? I can't find any link for this. All I can find is that BL was charged with using it in Ontario.

I wondered where that came from as well. I haven't read anything about where the debit card was first used.

The 2 suspects travelled through Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, a long portion of Quebec, and a long portion of Ontario. With LS being a student and probably not having a lot of money, the likely hood of her car having a full tank are slim. If the 2 suspects couldn't pay their rent, they likely had to use LS's card or cards to fuel up and eat on this "get a way" trip. I would bet money that they used the card well before they reached Ontario.

I thought I read somewhere that it was 2 cards....both a debit card and a credit card, but looking around last night, I could not find that. I was fairly sure that one media source had said a Visa card.

When my siblings and I attended post secondary schools, we were all offered Visa when we achieved good marks after completion of one school year. My brother called Visa and they told him post secondary students who achieve higher marks are low risk at owning a Visa card. LS was an achiever, so maybe she did have a Visa Card.

Having a Visa card myself, I had an incident once where my credit card was declined when it should not have been. I called Visa and they said they were worried that it might have been stolen. I was trying to make a purchase of roughly $900, in an area not near where I live, and for an amount larger than I had ever made, so they flagged it waiting for me to call. Then they asked the standard questions like mother's maiden name to confirm it was me. Initially, I was frustrated & embarrassed that it had been declined, but then happy that Visa was watching out for me.

I guess my question here is does any one else recall mention of a credit card, and can supply a link?

The 2 suspects travelled through Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, a long portion of Quebec, and a long portion of Ontario. With LS being a student and probably not having a lot of money, the likely hood of her car having a full tank are slim. If the 2 suspects couldn't pay their rent, they likely had to use LS's card or cards to fuel up and eat on this "get a way" trip. I would bet money that they used the card well before they reached Ontario.

I thought I read somewhere that it was 2 cards....both a debit card and a credit card, but looking around last night, I could not find that. I was fairly sure that one media source had said a Visa card.

When my siblings and I attended post secondary schools, we were all offered Visa when we achieved good marks after completion of one school year. My brother called Visa and they told him post secondary students who achieve higher marks are low risk at owning a Visa card. LS was an achiever, so maybe she did have a Visa Card.

Having a Visa card myself, I had an incident once where my credit card was declined when it should not have been. I called Visa and they said they were worried that it might have been stolen. I was trying to make a purchase of roughly $900, in an area not near where I live, and for an amount larger than I had ever made, so they flagged it waiting for me to call. Then they asked the standard questions like mother's maiden name to confirm it was me. Initially, I was frustrated & embarrassed that it had been declined, but then happy that Visa was watching out for me.

I guess my question here is does any one else recall mention of a credit card, and can supply a link?
I do not recall specifically about Visa I do recall several early MSM reports saying card. I do think it is quite possible that she has a charge card though because she was 26 years old and appears to have lived for a long in her own residence.

I saw "credit card" being used by what appears to be the sister/relative of LH on the LV facebook page. I'm sorry, I can't link it, but if you scroll through numerous posts, it's there. You will find numerous posts where people are requesting that any friends of LV who knows anything about this, contact the police, etc.

I wondered where that came from as well. I haven't read anything about where the debit card was first used.
It could have been used in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick some place but no charges yet laid.Maybe would have to be laid by RCMP in those provinces? Also might be unclear as to who used the card.Maybe there were no cameras.

Where did it come from that Loretta's debit card was only used in Ontario? I can't find any link for this. All I can find is that BL was charged with using it in Ontario.

I haven't seen that anywhere. I agree that they propbably used it on the way there as well.

Many banks give student Visas - they just have a max limit of $500 (well the TD one does.) It is possible she had one, but I don't recall reading anything about that.

Personally, I think they were going to continue travelling out west, possibly - like someone mentioned upthread - after changing the plates. I wonder if they stopped in Harrow to get more money or something. Glad they were caught when they were - now I just hope one of them spills it.

The Visa in question may be a mixup with the travel Visa needed for bf parent's, other reference to credit card here..

"Last Updated Friday, February 21, 2014 11:41AM EST

Halifax Regional Police are asking a court to remand Victoria Henneberry and Blake Leggette in police custody for six more days.

Halifax police tells CTV News, an arrest warrant has been obtained by officers to return Henneberry, 28, and Leggette, 25, back to Nova Scotia. Police obtained the arrest warrant for the accused in relation to charges of stolen property.

The two have also been charged with fraud-related offences. CTV has learned that this charge is for possession of used credit card

Read more: http://windsor.ctvnews.ca/pair-face...missing-halifax-woman-1.1696144#ixzz2uSWkvOp1
bbm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...e-taxi-driver-interviewed-by-police-1.2548195
"Maloney said the parents of Saunders's boyfriend Yalcin Surkultay are also trying to travel to Halifax. She said they've filed paperwork in Turkey for visas"

I am wondering if Victoria spilled the beans and this is why they are saying homicide without having located the body.

I thought something must be going on because Twitter blew up all of a sudden. Although it starting to look like it, this was not the news I was hoping for, so sad. Hopefully this is because one of those two lovely people are starting to crack and Loretta will be found soon.

Welcome prairiemom!!!

“We believe we know who the individuals responsible for the murder of Ms. Saunders are and we’re not looking for anyone else.”

He declined to elaborate with details about the suspects because no charges have been laid in connection to the alleged homicide.

Bourdages did say a big priority for police is to find Saunders, a pregnant 26-year-old originally from Labrador.

“We’re making every effort to determine where her body is so she can be brought home to her family.”

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/1189926-saunders-disappearance-now-considered-a-homicide

This is very heartbreaking and saddens me greatly. Godspeed in finding Loretta and bringing her home to her family. May justice be swift and severe and may there be two charges - one for Loretta and one for the baby.

Tears of sadness here .... eleph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members