GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Loretta and my condolences to her friends and family.

Salisbury? Was she dead or alive until then?

Nova Scotia / New Brunswick map

( Provincial and Trans Canada hwy)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 65
Oh no, so sad to hear the news. :( Condolences to the family and friends. I'm originally from Halifax.

I looked quickly on the map and I think the meridan, in parts, is trees in that area. So sad. :(

Not much to say really, other than so very sorry to Loretta's family for their loss. I'm glad that she's been found and can be returned to their care.

In the median? Really? Wow. Losers.
It is pretty open through there.We had 40 cm of snow February 15-16. She would have been found sooner otherwise.How sad that they would just toss her out like garbage. RIP Loretta.

So sad to hear that her body was found, although I was afraid that the news would not be good if/when they found her. It sounds as though the RCMP pretty much know who the alleged killer/killers are. See article and quote below. My prayers go to her family - I imagine that they feared the worst but were hoping for the best possible scenario. Another promising life lost.

Loretta Saunders’ body found in New Brunswick: Police to lay murder charges 'as soon as possible'

"Investigators have identified suspects in this homicide and they are not looking for anyone else," said Const. Pierre Bourdages. "This homicide investigation is ongoing and charges are anticipated."

Bourdages said more than one person will face murder charges and that they would be laid "as soon as possible."

Very sad to hear...
My wife and I were discussing this a couple days ago. Besides the two being charged with Murder, will they be charged in the death of the unborn baby? does the baby have to be at a certain "age"/ growth stage? And are provincial laws different in each province when it comes to a case like this?

"in the median"

Probably the saddest words I've heard in a while. My heart breaks for her family, and her boyfriend.
:(

Very sad to hear...
My wife and I were discussing this a couple days ago. Besides the two being charged with Murder, will they be charged in the death of the unborn baby? does the baby have to be at a certain "age"/ growth stage? And are provincial laws different in each province when it comes to a case like this?
They probably will not be charged in the death of the unborn baby. I do not believe we have that law here. Murder and or manslaughter are federal charges so it would not matter where you lived in Canada you would not be charged.

My hope is no matter what they find through autopsy that these 2 are not charged with manslaughter

So this means one of them buckled, my guess is Victoria just due to how recently she arrived. If that's the case that means they were both in the car when the "body" was dumped. Question is was she actually dead when they left her or was she unconscious and a victim of the cold? If they could only charge manslaughter on Victoria and she made a deal what is likely the least amount of time she could get?

So this means one of them buckled, my guess is Victoria just due to how recently she arrived. If that's the case that means they were both in the car when the "body" was dumped. Question is was she actually dead when they left her or was she unconscious and a victim of the cold? If they could only charge manslaughter on Victoria and she made a deal what is likely the least amount of time she could get?

My theory (before she was found) was that she had been left unconscious on the highway somewhere and then became a victim to the cold and hidden by the snow. :( I think that would explain why they were so careless about stealing the vehicle/bank cards/etc. I hope, that even if it was an accident or if Blake took it too far/scared Victoria, or whatever reason - that they get a whole lot of time in prison. Both of them. I hope that one of them won't get off on a deal that was made.

I'm so saddened by this news and I'm absolutely heartbroken for her family and friends. I'm also thinking that VH cracked under police questioning. I can't believe they would transport her that far, I wonder if they had committed the crime in Halifax or along the road? Either way, the ones who killed her & dumped her should be charged with first degree murder. I'm waiting impatiently for those charges to be laid, although all signs are pointing to BL and VH, I suppose even more work must be done in order to lay the charges. I hope her body makes it home soon, at least there is some closure at this point.. utterly despicable to kill anyone over any amount of money, especially a pregnant woman :'( rest in peace Loretta Saunders & may your unborn rest with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks