Canada - Louise Cassie-Laflamme, 43, & daughter, 7, murder suicide, Rothesay, NB, 30 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JanNB

Reaction score
MEDIA RELEASE
2020-01-02

Kennebecasis Regional Police Force

The Kennebecasis Regional Police Force Criminal Investigation Division continues its investigation into the deaths of 43-year-old Louise Cassie-Laflamme and her 7-year-old daughter from Rothesay, N.B.

On December 30th, 2019, shortly after 10 a.m., members of the KRPF were called to an apartment building on Sierra Ave for a report of a sudden death. Upon arrival, police discovered the bodies of the woman and a child inside the apartment.

Autopsies on the two people have been completed. The investigation has determined that the child's death was the result of a homicide, and that the woman then died as a result of a self-inflicted injury.

Due to the circumstances, police do not anticipate any charges being laid, however anyone with information related to the investigation or anyone who has been in contact with either of the deceased is asked to contact the KRPF at 506-847-6300 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

The bodies of Louise and Solange were found on Dec 30/19 after neighbours smelled decomposing human remains for several days.

other facts

Louise had full custody of Solange but her ex husband was asking for unsupervised visitation. The court date was scheduled for December 16th but Louise did not show up. A voicemail left by the judge was not returned.

Solange has been attending public school up until late November when Louise removed her and stated that she planned to home school.

It is likely that one or both were already dead at Christmas as neighbours report that they smelled something coming from the apartment for several days. The pair were not reported missing.

By all accounts, Louise was a loving and devoted mother.

This case is causing me a lot of heart ache and sadness. What led this loving mom to take her 7 year old daughter’s life? And her in life? Why wasn’t anyone missing them ? It was Christmas?

Some people believe that Louise killed her daughter to spite her ex husband and then killed herself so she wouldn’t have to face the consequences of her actions.

I just can’t believe this is what happened.

This case is causing me a lot of heart ache and sadness. What led this loving mom to take her 7 year old daughter’s life? And her in life? Why wasn’t anyone missing them ? It was Christmas?

Some people believe that Louise killed her daughter to spite her ex husband and then killed herself so she wouldn’t have to face the consequences of her actions.

I just can’t believe this is what happened.

This is so very tragic. But other than selfish vindictiveness towards the ex, I can’t think of a single justification in taking the life of an innocent 7 year old child, even if for whatever reason she made the choice to end her own life.

Although it was Christmas, if this was premeditated she’d have no reason to include herself in social plans with family or friends. Everyone who was close to her is probably in deep shock as well, wracking their heads as to what signs they might’ve missed - when typically there are no glaring red flags at all.

This report below mentions the mother was a lawyer which sort of surprised me only because it doesn’t fit the generally perceived stereotype of a mother who murders their child. She was educated and had a career but still something obviously went very wrong.

“Lawyer David Lutz says Cassie-Laflamme was also a lawyer who spent some time working for him in Hampton, where he got to know both her and her daughter.

"She was a very quiet, private person," Lutz said. "To be honest with you, I never asked her anything about her situation and she never divulged anything. All I know is that Solange was her child and Solange was her life."..”
Deaths of N.B. woman and young daughter ruled a murder-suicide

This is so very tragic. But other than selfish vindictiveness towards the ex, I can’t think of a single justification in taking the life of an innocent 7 year old child, even if for whatever reason she made the choice to end her own life.

Although it was Christmas, if this was premeditated she’d have no reason to include herself in social plans with family or friends. Everyone who was close to her is probably in deep shock as well, wracking their heads as to what signs they might’ve missed - when typically there are no glaring red flags at all.

This report below mentions the mother was a lawyer which sort of surprised me only because it doesn’t fit the generally perceived stereotype of a mother who murders their child. She was educated and had a career but still something obviously went very wrong.

“Lawyer David Lutz says Cassie-Laflamme was also a lawyer who spent some time working for him in Hampton, where he got to know both her and her daughter.

"She was a very quiet, private person," Lutz said. "To be honest with you, I never asked her anything about her situation and she never divulged anything. All I know is that Solange was her child and Solange was her life."..”
Deaths of N.B. woman and young daughter ruled a murder-suicide

A few other scenarios have come to my mind. Perhaps solange’s death was accidental and Louise was so distraught that she killed herself.

I’ve Shadi considered the thought that it was a double homicide staged to look like a murder-suicide. Is it possible that they were dead prior to the court date and that is why Louise never showed up?

i guess I don’t want to believe that any mother, especially one in my neighbourhood, would cold heartedly kill their child.

A few other scenarios have come to my mind. Perhaps solange’s death was accidental and Louise was so distraught that she killed herself.

I’ve Shadi considered the thought that it was a double homicide staged to look like a murder-suicide. Is it possible that they were dead prior to the court date and that is why Louise never showed up?

i guess I don’t want to believe that any mother, especially one in my neighbourhood, would cold heartedly kill their child.

It appears an autopsy determined the child died by homicide. Unless people who knew her come forward to question the ruling of the mother’s suicide, I think we have to believe the circumstances surrounding her death has been thoroughly investigated.

”Insp. Anika Becker says autopsies on the two bodies have been completed.

The investigation has determined that the child’s death was the result of a homicide, and that the woman then died as a result of a self-inflicted injury.”
Police now consider deaths of Saint John mother and daughter to be murder-suicide | The Star

Sometimes people having experienced such things as mental illness, childhood family dysfunction or medical trauma etc are drawn to occupations in the respective fields. IMO this woman most certainly must’ve been suffering from undiagnosed or untreated mental illness to take the life of her 7 year old child. I wonder for what reason was the girl suddenly pulled from school in November to be homeschooled and when was the last time anyone saw this child. It seems this woman intentionally isolated her child, from teachers and from the child’s father. It is known mental illness can warp the thinking of a mother or father into believing by killing their child, they’re saving them from some completely delusional, irrational fear.

“Caissie had left Lutz's law firm in October, after she got a job with the province's mental health board, Lutz had said...”
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/death-woman-child-murder-suicide-1.5412673

Yes, but we don’t know how exactly little Solange died. I would think it could be difficult to say for sure that it was an intentional homicide. Manslaughter is included under the umbrella of homicide and could include accidental death.

I really hope that more information is released and it is found that Solange’s death was a tragic accident.

Yes, but we don’t know how exactly little Solange died. I would think it could be difficult to say for sure that it was an intentional homicide. Manslaughter is included under the umbrella of homicide and could include accidental death.

I really hope that more information is released and it is found that Solange’s death was a tragic accident.

Wouldn’t manslaughter be the result of an assault that went to far?

Wouldn’t manslaughter be the result of an assault that went to far?

possibly or death caused by negligence (eg: Mom left a weapon where child could get it).

Some people are assuming this was a deliberate killing brought on by custody/access issues. I truly hope this isn’t true.

possibly or death caused by negligence (eg: Mom left a weapon where child could get it).

Some people are assuming this was a deliberate killing brought on by custody/access issues. I truly hope this isn’t true.

That is a distinct charge, criminal negligence causing death.

I recently heard that the door to the apartment was barricaded. She must have been afraid of something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back