Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Strangeworld, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatLaurel

PatLaurel Well-Known Member

Probably something like that. The strange thing is that they posted an article about a fire at the San Francisco Airport way before any MSM did.
    I guess i just want that little ray of hope to shine for a little longer!

2. Gina20

Gina20 Well-Known Member

Perhaps the media got confused by double negatives?

Moriarty likes this.
  3. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

What becomes the problem is foreign media report (repeat) what other media sources have already reported. Sometimes the source is also FB and Twitter. I’d be very surprised if any reporters working for UK media were or are present in northern Manitoba.

4. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

Military no longer involved in search for 2 missing fugitives in Manitoba. RCMP in Gillam now down to 40 officers doing ground and air search. Pair wanted in connection with 3 deaths in northern BC. Previous story:

https://t.co/PZTPKi4LqA

CBC News Alerts on Twitter

5. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

RCMP just confirmed there will be a news conference in Winnipeg today to provide the latest details on the search for Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, and Kam McLeod, 19. The event will begin at 1 pm CT (2 pm ET).

6. Tilly23

Tilly23 Well-Known Member

I remember seeing the pictures of KM and BS when they were still said to be "missing" - not yet named as suspects. I'm in southwestern Ontario, so I think it is possible folks in Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan saw them too. So, maybe a tip was called in.

Also, while we don't see them buying anything in the Co-op store, they may have bought gas. They have to have fueled up at least a couple of times before that last $20 gas stop in Split Lake. I would not be surprised if there are surveillance cameras on the gas lanes.

Maybe the RCMP knew about the Rav4 from highway cameras near the burned out camper? Could they maybe have sent a special alert to gas stations to look out for it?

MOO

7. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

RCMP say if 2 fugitives missing in Manitoba are found alive, they will be treated in hospital, remanded in Thompson, and then sent to B.C. to face charges.

Stargazer34, LadyL, greenfern and 7 others like this.
  8. Moonlitnight

Moonlitnight Well-Known Member

CanadianMade has answered this (Thank you :) ) Methinks the MSM are not keeping up with things.

-Magnum. and CanadianMade like this.
  9. Gina20

Gina20 Well-Known Member

With that and the news conference, maybe something is up. Hoping.

10. scrappinkat

scrappinkat Well-Known Member

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1574840899789

The van looks to be completely out of the driving lane lane, it’s to the right of the single white line which denotes the shoulder of the lane. Even though it’s not the first place I would chose to park but I f I were in their position I wouldn’t have felt there was imminent danger to be parked there, people aren’t supposed to be driving on the shoulder anyways.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  11. Kubirai

Kubirai Well-Known Member

I recall RCMP thanked the Meadow Lake store for providing the tip.

When photo of the "missing teens" from BC was shown widely, store employee(s) recalled their July 21 visit.

My guess is that there were many tips, and it took time to verify their video as genuine.

Blue Amethyst, Betty P and Moriarty like this.
  12. Nater925

Nater925 Member

My guess is the news conference is going to be along the lines that they feel that the suspects have not survived the time they have been in the woods, and that they are going to continue to follow up on leads, but scale back ground search efforts.

13. thebedbug

thebedbug Well-Known Member

I don't think they are dead.

I don't understand what they're up to - but it feels like they have some kind of a plan and have made preparations. Some things may have gone wrong with that plan - they've clearly been lucky a few times - and they are improvising, but I don't think they are just doing this all off the cuff. Ask the right questions and I bet their gaming friends could provide clues.

14. wildwilderness

wildwilderness Member

I don't see why they would be dead already if they ran to the bush. There is plenty of fresh water, berries, they may even have backpacks with more food and supplies. It gets a bit cold at night, but make a shelter and they would be fine. They may even have emergency blankets with them... who knows.

15. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

So they burned tinned sardines? Honestly, I don't love tinned sardines, but they aren't that bad at all if you are really hungry, and they are easy to carry, can re-use the metal.

Downside: They'd attract bears like crazy.

16. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

If they’re dead I agree, it’s too soon to have been caused indirectly by the elements.

But I still wonder if they attempted to swim cross the Nelson River, trying to work their way back south and totally underestimated the ferocity of the river’s undertow and current. Northern rivers often appear deceptively calm on the surface. Nothing in their prior life’s experience on Vancouver Island could possibly prepare them for their new reality and it’s risks and dangers IMO.

17. sprucetip

sprucetip Well-Known Member

I don't believe they can get away hanging out in cabins or shelters out there. The locals would 100% know where all of these are and would have passed that onto the RCMP I would think.

MistyWaters likes this.
  18. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

We see what happens now .... it starts with one and trickles into other posts for pages haha We all survived though! And we have a lot of new posters in here.... patience is a good thing and helping out is the WS's way :)
    Another handy trick ... if you are on a computer anyway, you can highlight the text in a post and a box will pop up with the +Quote and Reply (which is what I did when quoting you), it's especially handy when there is a long post and you maybe only want to address a portion of it.

So it seems that we are going to find out that the RCMP are pulling out of Gillam... as a Canadian, I'm okay with this. They could spend days/weeks there and still not find them. There is no concrete proof that they are still in the area, and no concrete proof that they left. I imagine everyone in the area will still be on alert and there are RCMP officers in Gillam (6 IIRC from a video early on). I think with so much focus on Gillam that it gives an almost false sense of security that they are there and no one in the rest of the country needs to be on the lookout. I have talked to a few people the last few days that have said 'oh those guys are in MB'... when in fact, we don't know that is 100% true still. I have been reminding everyone I know to be careful and to have their eyes open, because you just never know!

19. -Magnum.

-Magnum. Member

The media reports about the First Nations Safety Officer seeing survival gear & maps indeed looks to be false. However, it is highly reasonable to assume that Leonard Dyck (the owner of the RAV4) carried similar equipment. His friend stated that he loved to be in nature and go camping, and he was not surprised “that he was up where he was found” because he enjoyed taking those kind of trips to Northern BC. LD being in possession of a map is almost undoubtedly certain as 1) older folks rarely trust newer tech like GPS, 2) when in the middle of nowhere, it is logical to carry a backup plan / navigation method. I think its safe to assume the teens were in a possession of a map yet still chose to travel down a dead end road to Gillam. Why?

Additionally, some of you believe that the boys torched the RAV4 outside of Gillam because they ran out of gas/money. I think it is important to note that the day prior their RAV4 was stuck in the mud, and an unknowing bystander assisted them in pulling it out. This bystander mentions that he pulled up in a relatively new truck, & had his wallet (credit cards, cash) in the vehicle. Don’t you think the teens would have reasonably foreseen that they would run out of resources within a days’ time, & out of desperation try to rob the helping bystander for what little supplies he had?
    Maybe im giving these boys too much credit, & maybe they really are that dumb, yet maybe not.

20. Gina20

Gina20 Well-Known Member

For the record, BS and KM set out on July 12 from Port Alberni.

MistyWaters likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.