Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Strangeworld, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Bringing over @otto maps from MEDIA/NO DISCUSSION thread.

Gillam Manitoba Area

[​IMG]

Hydro lines

[​IMG]

Dump location and search area

[​IMG]

Burned vehicle and proximity to train line

[​IMG]

Train line stops

[​IMG]

2. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

We don't know for sure that they have no criminal records. One thing that makes me wonder if they have been in trouble before is that they apparently attended alternative highschool. This was mentioned by a person in an earlier thread.

I realise that alternative highschool is available for a variety of reasons unrelated to crime, but one reason students might attend is because they've been expelled from regular highschool.

3. acutename

acutename Well-Known Member

I think you could bleed to death in the worst situation:

Arctic Warming Produces Mosquito Swarms Large Enough to Kill Baby ...

https://earthfirstjournal.org/.../arctic-warming-produces-mosquito-swarms-large-enoug...

Sep 17, 2015 - Arctic Warming Produces Mosquito Swarms Large Enough to Kill Baby .... That is why the moose, which 40 years ago used to live only in the ...

4. NJSleuth91

NJSleuth91 Former Member

Yeah I was going to say that in my original post. A lot of times juvenile records are sealed or purged if the offender stays out of trouble or completes a diversion program. And a lot of times problems in school, like violence against a classmate, don't get to the legal system and are handled in the school. Obviously we have no idea if anything like that happened, but it can't be ruled out at this point, especially if they went to an alternative school.

jbmacgill, acutename, Zella and 3 others like this.
  5. huntergerrard

huntergerrard Well-Known Member

I can't imagine any living person would leave behind a water jug when they're hiding in the wilderness. Either it was dropped overboard, lost if/when the boat capsized, or they're not alive. JMO.

Satchie, Zella, dotr and 1 other person like this.
  6. Thinkzerz

Thinkzerz Well-Known Member

Most likely because of water washing anything off it.

dotr and 1987 like this.
  7. huntergerrard

huntergerrard Well-Known Member

This still feels like a needle in the haystack search.

8. dameagatha

dameagatha Well-Known Member

Google Earth image of Limestone dam & Sundance site.

Attached Files:

9. Dee10

Dee10 Well-Known Member

Exactly, and that is why it is important to document and analysis all the "spree killers" to try and find out a common thought process and hopefully find a pattern & data base to be able to assess or hopefully predict patterns in the future. Preventive, not reactive!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Stargazer34, Thinkzerz, dotr and 2 others like this.
  10. Handsome Sailor

Handsome Sailor Seize the day!

How could they go so wrong in life at such a young age?

11. Kiantra

Kiantra Well-Known Member

If a flat bottom boat is not river worthy for the Nelson, then where did it come from? Would locals even have one if it’s not safe or practical to use?

janewall, jbmacgill, copkid and 8 others like this.
  12. Diezelmonster

Diezelmonster Active Member

Menhaz Zaman, a 23 year old kid from Markham Ontario has no prior record, just killed his whole family. Had been talking about it on a website called discord, also would talk about it while playing games. I'm sure everyone feels the same about him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5228659

Alek Minassian, 25 also Canadian mowed down people on a busy sidewalk in Toronto and killed 10 and injured many people, in 7 minutes.

Inside the life of Alek Minassian, the Toronto van rampage suspect no one thought capable of murder

Read that story, no prior records, just flipped. A computer programmer with not many friends.

Worst mass murder in Toronto history.

So these are just two examples of young people doing this sort of thing, and this is just Canada. These were big news here. THIS is big news here, KM and BS maybe have just begun? If they are not already dead.

JMO.

13. NJSleuth91

NJSleuth91 Former Member

I will be absolutely amazed if RCMP is able to find their remains, if they're dead (which I'm pretty convinced they are).

My guess is LE is doing just that as we speak. It takes a while for them to compile and release a lot of this information to the public. In the US they didn't release a report on Adam Lanza until a few years after the Sandy Hook shooting, IIRC. I'm sure more information will come out, especially if they are found either dead or alive.

14. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

acutename and dotr like this.
  15. Arizona 123

Arizona 123 Well-Known Member

I looked at satellite photos, google earth and Bing, starting at the limesone generating station (about a mile from the RAV4) and on downstream. I looked for whitewater. There's a line rapid less than a mile below the generating station (right at Sundance). This one (based on only this one photo, so please take with a huge dose of salt) looks very minor, based on lack of turbidity waves downstream. However, there's a more significant (more whitewater, more hydraulic standing waves) a little short of halfway to the end of the road. From the look of it, you could get around it in an aluminum boat (enter it hard to the northern shore, pass the first rapid line to your right, then pull hard for the center channel), if you saw it coming in time, if you had propulsion, and if you knew what you are doing. In the dark, or with just a paddle, or if you didn't know how to run rapids... would not end well IMHO.

BTW, I have only been whitewater rafting with guides, not on my own, so I'm no expert. I would not like to try the rapid I described above on my own, and that's in an inflatable (vastly better suited for running rapids than an aluminum skiff).

One other thing; both times I was thrown out of the raft (a couple of years apart), my lifejacket and helmet saved me. The technique is to float through the rapid feet first. The bulky life-jacket keeps you higher in the water, so you hit less. I still found it very nerve-wracking, even though I didn't hit many rocks, and even then only lightly, just a few abrasions. It helped that I'm a strong swimmer and was able to pull for shore as soon as I hit a slack eddy. My hunch is that had it not been for my helmet and lifejacket, I would have more likely died (either from hitting rocks, or getting trapped against a rock underwater).

16. acutename

acutename Well-Known Member

are all those guys still alive? looks like class v rapids and lots of rocks...

Hatfield, dotr and Zella like this.
  17. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

From your group of maps/photos - can you detect their potential destination in taking the river boat?

Can't help but think maybe they planned to hug the shoreline for a bit-- hoping not to be detected when Rav4 discovered, and also did not want to be immediately tracked by dogs.

MOO

18. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

double post

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  19. kmclaren

kmclaren Well-Known Member

I'm off to google it myself but does anyone recall was Keewatinoow the place where RCMP had to search abandoned Manitoba Hydro camp buildings? I remember there was a place with about 600 rooms they searched.

Stargazer34, dotr, Dee10 and 2 others like this.
  20. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

"Manitoba Mounties are also searching through large abandoned buildings, police said, including the Keewatinohk converter station camp that was used as a temporary work camp for Manitoba Hydro and is located roughly 90 kilometres northeast of Gillam."
    https://www.coastmountainnews.com/n...-camps-for-b-c-murder-suspects-in-gillam-man/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.