Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the official media account for the Manitoba RCMP it was stated “there will be no access to media of the dive area or to the divers.”
I understand that they are frustrated and trying to control speculation but it seems counterproductive at this time.
Could that maybe be a safety precaution to ensure the divers aren't distracted?

Whoops. Cross-posted with @NJSleuth91. But I agree they might just be trying to protect the divers since it is apparently a tricky dive site.

Could that maybe be a safety precaution to ensure the divers aren't distracted?

Whoops. Cross-posted with @NJSleuth91. But I agree they might just be trying to protect the divers since it is apparently a tricky dive site.

And if they do find something like bodies, to prevent pictures getting out. It's amazing what ends up online.

On the official media account for the Manitoba RCMP it was stated “there will be no access to media of the dive area or to the divers.”
I understand that they are frustrated and trying to control speculation but it seems counterproductive at this time.

But seems like some media are still there?
Twitter

It's probably standard protocol that media doesn't film underwater recovery. After all, we do understand the nature of their work.

And if they do find something like bodies, to prevent pictures getting out. It's amazing what ends up online.
Good point! At the risk of getting gruesome, if they do retrieve bodies, the corpses would not be in good shape, and it's not like they would be concealed in a body bag initially like as happens in a normal crime scene when they finally wheel out the body. MOO

I'm not really clear about where the little boat was found in relation to the other landmarks.

Was it in this order: RAV, hydro plant, boat, rapids?

Adding to my own post, calling it a jug is relevant, people don't normally drink directly from the jug, they pour from the jug into another vessel: so no DNA.

The likelihood of touch DNA would be remote as well, given that it probably has been in the water. DNA can be found on handles of things, for sure. One does not have to drink from something to leave DNA (just saying - Joseph DeAngelo's DNA was collected from his car door handle).

I am trying to recall an article I read with Bryers dad where the father talks about Bryers birthday. I believe that is today... August 4th!

It was in the excerpts of his "book" Bryer's dad sent to the media and Bryer's 19th birthday is today. It kind of highlights how sad this all is -- they were so young and decided to throw their lives and others' away for nothing. It would be ironic if they found the remains today. But I doubt they will due to the extensive preparations needed.

It's a video game. NOTHING in that game will "prepare" them for what they are actually facing. Ive played Rust, Ark & Conan. All 3 are survival games. And at no point do I or did I feel like im now better off to survive in the wilderness. JMO. Its a nice thought, but in reality holds zero weight.
Oh, I think you misunderstood my post. I didn't say that the online survival game Rust "prepared" KM and BS for the awful things they've done (if proven) and their current situation (if still alive), I was merely noting the similarities between factors in the game and factors in this mystery. BS's father noted that he was very interested in online gaming, and that BS and KM would play "survival" games in the woods. Their motivation for committing this spree is of interest to me.

Good point! At the risk of getting gruesome, if they do retrieve bodies, the corpses would not be in good shape, and it's not like they would be concealed in a body bag initially like as happens in a normal crime scene when they finally wheel out the body. MOO

Iirc in one of the recent reports it was stated the media wouldn’t be allowed in the area near the underwater searchers. But if the recovery is successful that doesn’t rule out fake gory photos being circulated on SM, as seems to have become a fairly common occurrence in high profile events. Why people get off on that sort of thing, I have no idea.

Based on seeing many news stories where they’ve covered dive teams efforts I’m thinking it’s not standard protocol, in BC anyways. For example:
RCMP Dive Teams Are On A Recovery Mission For The Teen Who Suddenly Disappeared In A B.C. Lake Yesterday
They even know the area where this boy drowned and they still haven’t found his body :( . I have a feeling they will not find KM and BS even if they did drown in that river. They only have an idea of were they might have drowned and they don’t even know for sure that they were in that boat.

I think a lot of media left the Gillam area as the pace of the story slowed and there are only a couple teams or fewer up there now. The Globe and Mail is on site and I think Global has some people up there (but not at the search site) but the international press has gone home, and a lot of the Canadian press is just rehashing the Globe's reporting.

The Globe seems to have good access today since there is no crush of press for the RCMP to fight off.

They even know the area where this boy drowned and they still haven’t found his body :( . I have a feeling they will not find KM and BS even if they did drown in that river. They only have an idea of were they might have drowned and they don’t even know for sure that they were in that boat.

After a 24-hour search, his body was pulled from the water by the RCMP Underwater Recovery Team around 6 p.m. on Wednesday night.

Divers found the man near where he was last seen, about 100 metres from shore in 40 metres of water.

RCMP recover 19-year-old’s body from Buntzen Lake

My word, I just don't see anyone successfully navigating that in a rowboat.

SBM

This is a good point about the bears, @Canadagurl and @scrappinkat. Just a couple of days ago I was reading about Timothy Treadwell and his girlfriend and their deaths. Neither of them were entirely eaten, and I know for a fact the remains of Amie (the girlfriend) had been buried by the bear. Not 100% sure about Treadwell.

BBM

Apologies for O/T post.

I assume you have seen the excellent Werner Herzog docu 'Grizzly Man'?

Just in case not, and for any other WS who like a good docu, may I humbly recommend. (Sorry, cant find a link)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member