Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Apologies for O/T post.

Im assume you have seen the excellent Werner Herzog docu 'Grizzly Man'?

Just in case not, and for any other WS who like a good docu, may I humbly recommend. (Sorry, cant find a link)
Yes! Several years ago--it is good. In fact, all our talk about bears on here in regard to BS's and KM's possible fate made me remember it. Hadn't thought of it in years!

They even know the area where this boy drowned and they still haven’t found his body :( . I have a feeling they will not find KM and BS even if they did drown in that river. They only have an idea of were they might have drowned and they don’t even know for sure that they were in that boat.

I agree, if they drowned finding the bodies might be difficult. But if the divers are able to locate other necessary survival supplies in the river or along the shoreline which can be confirmed to be connected to the pair, that’d at least point to a greater likelihood of possible drowning.

RCMP Manitoba‏Verified account @rcmpmb
This is the damaged aluminum boat found by #rcmpmb officers on the shores of the Nelson River during a helicopter search on friday afternoon.

Wow, that boat is a mess. Friends of mine had an aluminum boat that sustained damage similar to that in the photo, when their boat capsized in rapids and got caught against a rock. The water was so forceful on each side of their boat that it nearly folded it in half.

I am not an expert but can two 6 foot 4 inches guys fit in?

Not a scientific opinion at all but I was watching the Amazing Race Season 1 recently (nostalgia trip for me) and they had two guys who weighed 400 lbs collectively and one of them was over six feet (the guys were doing a voiceover explaining this duting this segment) paddling a tiny kayak on the ocean, probably smaller than this rowboat, and they were able to do it and didn't capsize. I think weight and weight distribution matter more than height in this kind of boat, and the fugitives were thin.

Also I think the 6'4" thing might be inaccurate. Bryer is probably 6'4" but Kam is clearly several inches shorter in photos of the two together.

Also I wonder if they found any other undisclosed evidence leading them to believe it wasn't just a random boat. I don't know if they would send out dive teams on such a risky mission if they didn't think there was a high chance it was linked, and with the blocking of media...there might be more stuff found that we don't know about.

The boat is not really green, more sand coloured like the shores/cliffs of the river. I can see how they might have missed spotting it earlier.

RCMP Manitoba on Twitter

Oh my goodness. Would’ve the pair attempt to cross or navigate the extremely wide Nelson River with that?

But after seeing the photo of the deeply rutted, muddy trail in Cold Lake where the pair gut stuck I do think it’s possible. Video games provide entertainment but I don’t believe for a moment it teaches any real life experience beyond the computer monitor.

Wow, that boat is a mess. Friends of mine had an aluminum boat that sustained damage similar to that in the photo, when their boat capsized in rapids and got caught against a rock. The water was so forceful on each side of their boat that it nearly folded it in half.

Yes that’s what the damage on the boat looks to me as well. It’s the terrific force of the water, bashing it against rocks in rapids that causes it to bend. Otherwise the aluminum is very strong.

Oh my goodness. Would’ve the pair attempt to cross or navigate the extremely wide Nelson River with that?

But after seeing the photo of the deeply rutted, muddy trail in Cold Lake where the pair gut stuck I do think it’s possible. Video games provide entertainment but I don’t believe for a moment it teaches any real life experience beyond the computer monitor.

Plus we have to remember how young they are. I don't really want to call them "kids" because they murdered people, but I'm only 27 and to me age and appearance wise they're basically kids. Teenagers a lot of times have totally different thought processes to adults, as backed up by neurological research. They often take insane impulsive risks without thinking it through fully, even without a nationwide manhunt spurring them on. We might look at that river and boat and say "oh hell no!" but that doesn't mean they would see it the same way.

This (Grizzly Man) was exactly what I was thinking of while reading responses stating that bears would likely just eat the meat and leave bones etc. Depending on the type of bear and how in need of food they are, they can basically ingest a person whole - bones, clothes and all - as was this case with the subject of the film.

EDIT: spelling error

Last edited:
Can we all just take a minute to high five good cops everywhere? It just really struck me how much these two have put our LE through for their whatever-this-is crime spree. Stress and pressure, facking around in the buggy, swampy bush for days and days, fielding and investigating tips both useful and useless, and now, spending time I can only imagine is NOT fun at the bottom of the Nelson River. Thank you RCMP and OPP, and all other agencies that this has touched.

Based on seeing many news stories where they’ve covered dive teams efforts I’m thinking it’s not standard protocol, in BC anyways. For example:
RCMP Dive Teams Are On A Recovery Mission For The Teen Who Suddenly Disappeared In A B.C. Lake Yesterday

My impression from various RCMP posts and recent news stories, is that officials are really getting annoyed with the social media component this case is experiencing. “Reporters” that seemingly live-tweeted York Landing search efforts, as one example, were really dancing the line and could have inadvertently put officers at risk. Perhaps they’ve had enough of the sensationalism and want to conduct the search without the burden of rubber neckers no matter how well-intended those people may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie