Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boat damage suggests it impacted a large boulder at very high force (rapids). Anyone riding would have been either knocked out completely or so disoriented upon hitting the water drowning likely occurred in mere seconds. Eddies often trap similar objects, bodies probably washed up together and boat shortly thereafter.
I think in that case they'd have found the bodies more quickly. They were searching that area for 4 days. They'd have started along the shore and proceeded deeper into the brush. As she said at the press conference, they were deep into thick brush.

I also wonder if it was suicide or if they succumbed to the elements somehow. I'd think suicide if they were found together
Or one died and the other remained with him until he left too. I am just so saddened by this news. If I were the parents of Lucas or Chynna, or the family members of Prof. Dyck, this would be a relief but also make it worse...the never knowing and the senselessness of it all. Rest in peace (or "live it up") Lucas and Chynna and Prof. Dyck. Many, many hearts will always be with you. To the families of the boys, may you find peace again some day.

First off I’m glad the manhunt is over for the families of the victims.

For those that criticized the RCMP - if you haven’t participated in an actual search in densely wooded conditions- you can’t understand how difficult it can be. I’m impressed they did find them, even though they found bodies, not living fugitives.

I could imagine that they may have been in the boat, went overboard and died due to hypothermia. They would have been found together, given certain conditions. Don’t forget, they may not have had much for food and could’ve been in a weakened state. I don’t know about murder/suicide only for the reason that we haven’t heard of any other victims when they certainly could have murdered again.

Part of me would like to think they didn’t have a peaceful ending, regardless of method.

Finally, I am so appreciative of this forum. What an incredible way for people from all walks of life, from around the world to get together to try to ‘solve’ or at least discuss these horrible events.
I think the RCMP did a fantastic job! The large area they searched, going off into the woods, not knowing if you're going to be confronted by an alleged murderer, the conditions they dealt with, probably didn't sleep or rest much, etc. People don't give them enough credit.
Hats off to the RCMP, they did a good job
That does seem to be the obvious scenario.

They wiped out in the boat, made it to shore, and then walked upriver to the location where the items were found. They then removed wet clothing and walked 1 km into the woods.

Unless, of course, the boat has nothing to do with this.
That's what I'm thinking, the boat is totally unrelated.
Sounds very much like they died within 24 hours, maybe much less, of ditching their vehicle.
Yep and that accounts for not being able to find them with all the sophisticated equipment.

I read/interpreted that as bodies found 1km from boat, Unless that boat was already damaged that force of impact probably killed them and/or drowning. They would not have made it threw that type brush for 1km unless the river floods that section upon high dam release and deposited their bodies there....

No that is not what they said. They said the bodies were found 1 km from the evidence and 8 kms from the car. The boat was 13 km from the car, so it was not referenced at all.

Also, by the way, 8 kms downriver from the car, the road is only about 0.5 km from the river. I suppose they could have crossed it, but it's interesting.

They probably entered the brush at night to evade detection. If they fell into the freezing river beforehand, drenching themselves and their possessions, hypothermia is a distinct possibility.

So many unanswered questions! I really wonder how long they lived after the RAV4 burned. If they set fire to it, hopped in the boat, shoved off immediately, got overturned 8km downriver, staggered to shore (assuming they got pummeled by the rapids), staggered another km into the bush...Did they hear the sounds of the manhunt? Were they still operating under the determination to avoid capture at all costs--even their lives? Did one or both make it through the rainy night? What would they have said to each other?

The victims and families of the victims deserve justice. I feel that they got it--these fugitives were hated and hunted to the last minute of their lives, and their end was not a pleasant one. And, the families of these teens deserve closure. They too, have gotten that--rather than having to endure more days, weeks, years of wondering if their sons are alive, dead, hurt, hungry...All these hurting families, at least now their healing can begin.

What good can come out of this? Maybe, just maybe, it will cause one parent to try to do better by his or her child. Be there for them. Take an interest in them, their hobbies, their friends. Teach them to respect and love their own life, and the lives of all other beings. No, it will not prevent all events like this from happening--but it might make the difference for one lonely teen teetering on the edge of making a very bad decision.

I feel great sorrow for all the victims in this case.

I don't normally have much empathy for the accused (if any), but maybe it's the mother in me - I can't help but also feel sorrow for these 2 pitiful boys (to me they are indeed boys) - they not only wasted their own lives, but, they pointlessly inflicted great harm on their own families, friends, community, country at large, and also an international community of travelers.

It is indeed the worst possible tragedy.

WG
I think many moms will feel this way, WG. It is such a tragedy, and to know that your child committed such heinous acts and there will be no sympathy is a kick in the stomach for sure.

The personal belongings and bodies location upstream of the rapids and boat, suggests they may have gone downriver shortly after dumping the Rav, and flipped in the water. Since there is nothing out there, no homes or sources of food, they probably were heading back to the Rav to move to a "better" area.

ETA- the road they were on hits a dead end 15 km farther up, they may have driven up there and circled back before dumping the Rav. Added zoomed out map from otto's information, noting end of road (X).

ETA2- reminded again that it's best not to post when you aren't current on the thread. Forgot the Rav was burnt out...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 4.33.24 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 4.33.24 PM.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
They probably entered the brush at night to evade detection. If they fell into the freezing river beforehand, drenching themselves and their possessions, hypothermia is a distinct possibility.

Yeah, the condition of that boat makes me think that they were soaked before they made their way into the brush.

I hope they were miserable.

RCMP would have found the personal stuff and bodies a few days earlier, if the FALSE sighting at York Landings didn't waste a whole weekend.
I never believed that. Forty feet or yards, whatever it was, and you could tell what they were wearing? Or that they "hobbled" or "limped" back into the bush?

Ashley Wadhwani‏ @ashwadhwani
JUST IN: The bodies of B.C. fugitives Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky have been found in Manitoba, near the shoreline of the Nelson River at 10 am today. @BlackPressMedia

12:06 PM - 7 Aug 2019 pst

@ashwadhwani
REMINDER: Autopsies are pending, but police believe it is the two men. @BlackPressMedia

12:08 PM - 7 Aug 2019 pst

Ashley Wadhwani‏ @ashwadhwani
This marks the possible end to the #Canadamanhunt that first began July 22. Chynna Deese and Lucas Fowler were found dead on July 15 and Leonard Dyck was found dead on July 19. FULL TIMELINE:
mXC33V8D

https://www.albernivalleynews.com/news/breaking-bodies-of-alberni-murder-suspects-found-in-manitoba/

12:12 PM - 7 Aug 2019 pst

I read/interpreted that as bodies found 1km from boat, Unless that boat was already damaged that force of impact probably killed them and/or drowning. They would not have made it threw that type brush for 1km unless the river floods that section upon high dam release and deposited their bodies there....

Bodies were 8km from car, boat was 13km from car. Bodies were 1km inland from personal belongings.

Yeah, the condition of that boat makes me think that they were soaked before they made their way into the brush.

I hope they were miserable.

I mentioned a plane crash in Mayo, Yukon in yesterday's post. Alkan Air is based in Whitehorse, and used to fly to Watson Lake. One passenger died, and hopefully *** had nothing to do with KM/BS in Yukon.
*** female from Vancouver, male pilot from Yukon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member