Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Strangeworld, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Optics

Optics Well-Known Member

Yes I absolutely agree with you. There 'calling cards' along their whole trek have been odd and no doubt they did the same in terms of the items as compared to where they died.

cdnjan, janewall, Zella and 4 others like this.

2. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

I think sometimes an inquest or equivalent is ordered into the circumstances of a high profile death. The results of an inquest are public. But certainly not every death is chosen for an inquest.

It would be up to the Coroner's Office to decide whether an inquest were necessary, perhaps they will decide yes.

The Medical Examiners report is required for all deaths, results are only available to limited audience, as I interpret this

"
    Are Reports from the Investigation Available to the Next of Kin?
    Upon completion of the investigation the medical examiner submits a report to the Chief Medical Examiner. This report will normally answer questions about the cause and manner of death, the date, time and place of death and summarize the circumstances surrounding the death. If an autopsy is performed as part of the investigation, the doctor performing the autopsy also submits a report. Both the medical examiner's report and the autopsy report are available to the adult next of kin upon written request to the Chief Medical Examiner's office. (An autopsy is an intricate medical procedure, often requiring complex laboratory tests, and for this reason autopsy results may not be available for several weeks after the death. This means the medical examiner's report may not be immediately available to the family.)

The medical examiner's report and the autopsy report may also be requested by attending physicians and medical reports departments of hospitals. Other interested parties, such as an insurer of the life of the deceased or a legal representative of the deceased, may receive the report upon written request and payment of the prescribed fee under The Fatality Inquiries Act." Justice | Province of Manitoba

musicaljoke, 1987 and pharmchick like this.
  3. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Austin Grabish on Twitter

Bodies found in northern Manitoba believed to be 2 B.C. fugitives
    Police believe they have found the bodies of fugitives Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky in northern Manitoba, ending a cross-Canada search for the men suspected of killing three people in B.C.

7 min CBCNews video with Austin Grabish at link

Only4Justice and HayLouise like this.
  4. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

RCMP say 2 bodies found, believed to be fugitives

Aug 7, 2019

5. thebedbug

thebedbug Well-Known Member

Are they not taking questions?

What were the items? What state were the bodies in? Did it look like they had made shelter?

6. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

How about the autopsy report?

PatLaurel and 1987 like this.
  7. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  8. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Yes...but will the public ever know what that evidence might be, absent a trial?

9. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

Canadian police say 2 bodies found, believed to be fugitives

AUGUST 7, 2019

"....Police sent in specialized teams and began searching high-probability areas. On Wednesday morning, police located the two bodies within 1 kilometer (0.6 miles) from where the items were found and approximately 9 kilometers (5.6 miles) from where they left a burnt-out vehicle on July 22.

“We are confident that these are the bodies of the two suspects wanted in connection with the homicides in British Columbia,” MacLatchy said....

The bodies were found near Gillam, Manitoba — more than 2,000 miles (3,200 kilometers) from northern British Columbia...."

Canadian police say 2 bodies found, believed to be fugitives

HayLouise, Seattle1 and LadyL like this.
  10. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

As someone else pointed out, look at all the flies in that video. Horrible conditions, not surprising the killers perished. Look at how steep those cliffs are. If the killers went into the water there, it's amazing they were able to climb out and get to shore. Even moreso if this happened at night, as LE has speculated.

Great work by RCMP. They did a fantastic job! Impossible for most of us to imagine how much dangerous work and struggle went into this search.

I'm so glad they've finally been found and that the community up there can relax and let their lives return to normal. It's still so sad, though, that these terrible crimes took place. RIP to Lucas, Chynna and Len. You won't be forgotten.

I also agree with the poster above - it's been such a fantastic group here. Everyone has contributed so much to following the news and helping the rest of us understand the communities, geography, etc. Thanks so much to all our pals from Canada and Australia, England, too. You've been fantastic, I've learned so much!

Again, Thank You RCMP!!! Great work!

11. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

12. ldlager

ldlager Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for the families that will never have closure if the teens aren't ever charged in the double murder

Zella, PatLaurel, copkid and 2 others like this.
  13. Castlinghigh

Castlinghigh Well-Known Member

Yes
    They knew the canine dogs would follow their scent

dixiegirl1035 likes this.
  14. Carpetchick

Carpetchick Active Member

T
    It is my understanding that the bodies were found inland so they did not drown.

Zella, PatLaurel, tabitha111 and 5 others like this.
  15. pharmchick

pharmchick Active Member

PatLaurel, Betty P, copkid and 2 others like this.
  16. webbie

webbie On Time Out

In real life, these 2 teenagers managed to survive in very hostile terrain, escaping major manhunt for... 3 weeks? I think real survivalists in this case is justified. JMO

PatLaurel, Esprite and ojau like this.
  17. SnooperDuper

SnooperDuper Well-Known Member

They could have been dead in the bush all this time.

18. Carpetchick

Carpetchick Active Member

The small jade bear is being sold for $15.99. Not sure I would waste my cash if I was on the run....

1" JADE BEAR WITH FISH

Rural_PC likes this.
  19. Mountain Misst

Mountain Misst FA in Aus.

As the Sun wakes up in Aus - three cheers for the searchers will rally the troops.
    Bodies to be flown to Winnipeg for autopsy - only one flight a day so expect a charter.

Ooohm, Oz Jen, PatLaurel and 7 others like this.
  20. aphoto

aphoto Verified Photojournalist

What makes you say they survived all that time? For all we know they could have died the same day they burnt out the rav4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.