Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Strangeworld, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnooperDuper

SnooperDuper Well-Known Member

I think "a third person did it and framed the fugitives" is a bit of a conspiracy theory and conspiracy theories are not allowed on the site.

Besides, why have these two ran and ran and ran to the ends of the roads and never once called home? They sure are acting guilty.

jbmacgill, jpo74, sripey and 10 others like this.

2. Elliot_Alderson

Elliot_Alderson Well-Known Idiot

Do you think they are wily enough to leave items in an attempt to make it look like they went in the water?

3. KALI

KALI Well-Known Member

Doesn't it seem more and more likely that these perps are deceased? How are they eating?

jbmacgill, sripey, tabitha111 and 9 others like this.
  4. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

Yes the media is filled with headlines “police are seeking so and so suspected in the murders of X and Y”. I’ve never noticed it questioned before whether the police have some type of incriminating evidence. If they didn’t, they wouldn’t have reason to name someone as a suspect.

What’s different in this case, had the suspects not fled from the province of BC and instead been arrested shortly thereafter, even if no charges had yet been filed, they would be detained as charges can be filed within 24 hours. However as it’s known they fled, the 2nd degree charges in the murder of LD now ensures an across-country arrest warrant has been filed which supports an arrest in all provinces and if found, they’ll be returned to BC.

But as they haven’t been located, additional murder charges proves nothing at this point as they’ve already been identified as suspects in the murder of L&C. As you mention, formal charges not being laid doesn’t prove innocence, nor does it prove guilt for that matter. JMO

5. FactFinder3000

FactFinder3000 Well-Known Member

There are no dams downriver from where the RAV4 was dumped. It's a straight run to Hudson Bay. Which is interesting, actually. They went to the river at a point that is just past all the dams. If they were suicidal, suicide by drowning is surprisingly common, and they may have wanted their bodies to never be found.

Blue Amethyst, Ooohm, otto and 2 others like this.
  6. Optics

Optics Well-Known Member

Yes I agree, the waters on either side of a hydro dam are extremely turbulent even though they may seem calm. It is extremely dangerous even for divers to go down and search for a body in those areas. Also in the case of Sundance area the glacial silt impedes visibility too. I don't think many people realize how extremely dangerous it was for those divers to go in where they did, so for 2 guys trying to navigate that section would be even more dangerous.

7. otto

otto Verified Expert

Did a bit of reading and it looks like the levels are checked every hour, and the level cannot rise more than 1 foot. My impression is that it's about protecting the shoreline and not spilling into land.

https://www.gov.mb.ca/sd/pubs/water-use-licensing/limestone/licence_drawing2.pdf

Sustainable Development | Province of Manitoba

8. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

I was thinking about additional release of waters by the dams downstream because of the rainy weather too. Early on the photos of the police vehicles are rife with mud.

upload_2019-8-7_11-12-16.jpeg

“On Thursday morning an armoured RCMP vehicle was parked outside of Gillam Town Office.”
    Car found burned in Gillam area used by suspects in B.C. deaths: RCMP

Blue Amethyst, Moriarty and Ooohm like this.
  9. otto

otto Verified Expert

Everyone was saying last week that they must be deceased, then more evidence is discovered that proves they are alive.

Rural_PC, Zella, grannygates and 4 others like this.
  10. Kittybunny

Kittybunny Well-Known Member

So sorry folks, just catching up and trying to read back, but could they have set personal items in the boat and then pushed it out/let it go to confuse the trail, and then set in a different direction? Or do we think "Items connected to them" means something more? I think they could be crafty enough to do something like that.

11. KR72

KR72 Well-Known Member

From Austin Grabish Twitter.

"The RCMP say human remains were found in The Pas, Man. last night near the University College of the North. Police say the identity of the remains is unknown right now. No other details released."

Austin Grabish on Twitter

HayLouise, RaechelK, sripey and 13 others like this.
  12. otto

otto Verified Expert

I think that's a good possibility. It doesn't make much sense to me that their personal items are at 9km from the car, just before the rapids, and the boat is at 13km, just past the rapids.

If their things were in the boat and it capsized, their belongings would not be upstream of the rapids. It makes more sense that they left their possessions there. If they were on shore upstream of the rapids, why would they get in a boat to go through the rapids when they could continue on shore?

Maybe they did not know that the rapids were nearby? Was it a wild adventure that didn't turn out as they expected?

13. steelybird

steelybird Well-Known Member

We frequently have shoes wash up on shore here in BC with the feet still in them. But I think it takes awhile for that decomposition process to happen. If you go to the Government of Canada website their is actually a link for unidentified remains but I will caution you that some images are quite disturbing.

Canada's Missing | Search results

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  14. Gina20

Gina20 Well-Known Member

Southern Alberta RCMP take a helicopter out in the fall when water levels drop to check rivers, creeks and irrigation canals for human remains. FYI.

15. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

Google Maps
    That's near a university with approx. 2400 students.

16. scrappinkat

scrappinkat Well-Known Member

I wonder how differently a case like this is handled in USA and NSW where Stephen Fowler has experience. Are family members who’ve lost loved ones in a violent crime kept more informed about details during the investigation? In the case of Stephen Fowler and his years of experience if victim’s family are kept more informed this must be a huge frustration for him. Are there rules about putting in a FOI request? Could the Deese or Fowler family do that if they were so inclined or it something you must be in Canada or a citizen to do so?

17. steelybird

steelybird Well-Known Member

omg lol

Zella, grannygates, sprucetip and 4 others like this.
  18. Moonlitnight

Moonlitnight Well-Known Member

Exactly! Those are my sentiments plus a whole lot of cognitive dissonance. They look like such young and innocent boys. How could they possibly have done this?

19. derweezy

derweezy Member

This could be true, but they may not have been looking for just bodies, but evidence that they were in the water, even a gun or something that could sink and become wedged in a rock. I'm stuck on the items found on shore, but nothing in the water, so I keep thinking the items on shore were left there as a camp, or discarded. The items found on shore could not be related to the boat at all, I think they were even found at different times. thanks for the reply though!

steelybird, NJSleuth91 and dotr like this.
  20. Diezelmonster

Diezelmonster Active Member

That is on the other side of the province..

otto, MistyWaters, NJSleuth91 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.