Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has been discussed but only just popped into my head lol..

Maybe this was a really big, premeditated plan and even getting a job at Walmart for 5 weeks was part of the plan. They could've gotten first jobs at fast food restaurants or counter jobs, why Walmart doing the graveyard shift? I guess less people around to interact with working those hours. I'm wondering if it's easy to steal stuff working the graveyard shift (sleeping bags, camping gear, etc.)?
At the very least, I've wondered if the night shift was desirable to them because they were night owls, anyway, and/or because they knew so few people would be in the store. I could see them assuming it would be a more relaxed gig at 2 a.m. when most people aren't out shopping.

Just wanted to add to the gun source discussion from previous thread.

Edmonton killer Phu Lam used a handgun that was reported stolen in BC.

Toronto Danforth shooter's brother and a buddy had a few dozen handguns, previously stolen from a Saskatchewan gun store. They were probably for sale to GTA criminals.

Otto posted a link which mentioned occasional license holders purchasing dozens of guns legally, and selling them in the black market.

We will hopefully know in the future where these two guns came from, but they could have purchased them illegally in Nanaimo or Vancouver.

If the two had headed to Whitehorse to look for work, IMO that’s a reasonable plan so I can’t fault anybody for supporting that idea. Even if it resulted in the two coming back home, defeated and dejected, because nobody would hire them due to lack of qualifications or experience, sometimes that’s what it takes to motivate young people to further their education.

But of course if that had occurred, five people would still be alive..but sadly, it did not happen that way.

I totally agree, for most young people great idea to go be independent and away from home for the first time. I think Whitehorse was random and pulled out of the air possibly to tell family... with no job experience, no skills, why Whitehorse? It's not booming. They would've had better luck entry level construction on the island with all the new construction or Alberta. I feel the Whitehorse story might be fake. JMO

The deceased suspects are adults with no assets worthy of an international person injury trial. At best the family can give up the Nazi collection - another windfall for Allen Schmegmelly?.

We know nothing about the families except that Australia's 9News presented Bryer's father as a bit off kilter - weird questions that made everyone uncomfortable. Did Australia actually exploit a mental Canadian man for kicks and giggles?

I am totally speculating and theorizing, it's hard not to! Just looking for a trigger to up and go commit murder. They might've just been bored and aimless so might as well go ruin some lives.

Ha! I was reluctant there too, only making it through 2 chapters.

Speaking of which, I need to delete that from my Kindle.
You were braver about that than me! :) I took one look at that book description and was like, "Nope, nope, nope."

I have decided, based on these 2 cases, that any WS case that involves a self-published book: just always do a hard pass on it.

Miraculously a Nelson River boater came forward after the bodies were found and claimed credit for finding the bodies - he reported a sleeping bag in Port Nelson 111 km away from the bodies.

Dyad is the term to describe two males 19/18 years old who are mutually influenced to act against known mores.

Good point!!

The man who helped pull the Rav out also seemed to mention a sleeping bag but I don't have a link or quote. Will try to edit & add the article but it was from the last thread, no idea what page or post # though.

Here's the article where the guy who pulled them out mentions the sleeping bag:
They were 'really nice kids' says Alberta man who inadvertently helped 2 BC teen fugitives

I know Bryer's great-uncle said one of the Mounties told him that oftentimes families don't see this dark side in their loved ones.

I don't know though, I'm just wondering like...how could they not? Bryer was literally acting like a stereotype of a future mass shooter for years. It's almost as if a part of him WANTED someone to be like "wtf" and intervene. I mean, when someone is doing stuff like putting a gun in their mouth on livestream and excitedly showing off Nazi regalia to their dad, how else is that supposed to be interpreted? But, as far as we know, nobody ever took any of it seriously. I will never understand that.

I'd say that all of them will probably struggle to reconcile who they thought they knew with whatever revelations are to come about this murders.

I have a feeling there's even going to be stuff in the final report that shocks us.

I don't know though, I'm just wondering like...how could they not? Bryer was literally acting like a stereotype of a future mass shooter for years. It's almost as if a part of him WANTED someone to be like "wtf" and intervene. I mean, when someone is doing stuff like putting a gun in their mouth on livestream and excitedly showing off Nazi regalia to their dad, how else is that supposed to be interpreted? But, as far as we know, nobody ever took any of it seriously. I will never understand that.

I have a feeling there's even going to be stuff in the final report that shocks us.
I think Bryer showed, though, that he was very good at behaving around adults when he had to, so I do think his great-uncle was quite shocked. Most of Bryer's bad behavior happened around his peers. I think he actually had a good knack for knowing when he could get away with this stuff and when he couldn't.

The exception is showing the Nazi stuff to his dad. But I wonder if he assumed his dad wouldn't be offended or would be too concerned about harming their relationship to express his disgust then Bryer quickly realized when he brought up the Nazi stuff that he had miscalculated.

And yes I can only imagine what will be in the final report.

Hmm, maybe that's why A.S. decided to not publish his book - maybe he was advised that publishing it would put him in jeopardy of future legal troubles.
I think he was shopping it around to all the media to see if he could get paid for it, instead of self-publishing it on his own dime, to be honest.

I wonder if BS's death means that his parents would inherit the rights to his story as they are his survivors? I think there is still opportunity for AS to find trouble if 9News did indeed pay him.

How two communities coped with a national manhunt in their backyard:

Residents of Gillam, Manitoba and Fox Lake Cree Nation are left with lingering questions and weariness after the RCMP discovered the bodies of two suspects wanted in the deaths of three people.

Video included.

The Globe and Mail on Twitter

Thank you Judi - that is a good video, speaks to the fear for all the residents in that general area for weeks! It was heartbreaking to see the mom at the end, in tears, as she expresses her sadness for the young suspects being dead too. I hope the folks in that area can feel safe now.

I think he was shopping it around to all the media to see if he could get paid for it, instead of self-publishing it on his own dime, to be honest.

I wonder if BS's death means that his parents would inherit the rights to his story as they are his survivors? I think there is still opportunity for AS to find trouble if 9News did indeed pay him.
I think he may have assumed he would actually get some promotion/sales out of it, but the book was slated to be released that week. He had to have already paid for any services himself from a self-publisher to be that far in the process. I work as a freelance editor and have had clients go through self-publishing companies and had to help advise them through the process. Those places aren't doing anything until they get their money.

I think Bryer showed, though, that he was very good at behaving around adults when he had to, so I do think his great-uncle was quite shocked. Most of Bryer's bad behavior happened around his peers. I think he actually had a good knack for knowing when he could get away with this stuff and when he couldn't.

The exception is showing the Nazi stuff to his dad. But I wonder if he assumed his dad wouldn't be offended or would be too concerned about harming their relationship to express his disgust then Bryer quickly realized when he brought up the Nazi stuff that he had miscalculated.

That's true. And that's not uncommon among teenagers either, to hide that kind of stuff from the authority figures in their lives. So I guess a big part of the problem is that his friends didn't take it seriously and report it to someone who might have actually been able to do something. I mean I get not wanting to mess up your friend's life over something that might be nothing, but, come on.

Also I don't think I'm emotionally ready for the final report....

That was the read I got on it too. I don't know if I blame them. I mean, THEIR kid isn't the one taking photos of himself with a gun in his mouth and snorting Ritalin while dressed up like a Hitler Youth. I think both of them were equally messed up, but Kam hid it a lot better. However with Kam doing the driving and never trying to pin the murders on Bryer, and especially if the guns were from his parents, I think at some point they will have to accept this was a team effort.

SBM - Good point about Kam just hiding it better. Interesting as it seems like Bryer was almost screaming out for attention/help with all the red flag stunting as who does that unless they WANT attention? And no one seemed to step in.

Then Kam sounds squeaky clean and the opposite. Under the surface, smarter at hiding things, putting on a facade perhaps.

I bet Bryer wanted to set the cars on fire. Kam might've schemed people and got the supplies. They each definitely had their roles.

I bet Bryer wanted to set the cars on fire. Kam might've schemed people and got the supplies. They each definitely had their roles.
SBM

Makes me wonder if they had a dynamic similar to the following:
B: "Wouldn't it be awesome if we set the vehicles on fire!?"
K: "Yes! . . . But, dude, we need matches or something for the fire first."

At the very least, I've wondered if the night shift was desirable to them because they were night owls, anyway, and/or because they knew so few people would be in the store. I could see them assuming it would be a more relaxed gig at 2 a.m. when most people aren't out shopping.

Less social anxiety with night shift, but still a hard shift to get used to. I'm surprised they even got the same shift scheduled (I think that's what I read on here). Sleep in the day, when did they have time to game?

Less social anxiety with night shift, but still a hard shift to get used to. I'm surprised they even got the same shift scheduled (I think that's what I read on here). Sleep in the day, when did they have time to game?
I've wondered if it was part-time. If so, they probably stayed up gaming on their nights off and may have been used to that schedule anyway and slept during the day regardless of whether it was a work day or night.

I am totally speculating and theorizing, it's hard not to! Just looking for a trigger to up and go commit murder. They might've just been bored and aimless so might as well go ruin some lives.

But ... I think we all know that even the best of families cannot predict how their children will live.

Lucas' father did not know that his son would be a nomad. He is a detective with New South Wales Police Detachment. His son was a free spirited seasoned traveller. Such contrast.

We know nothing about Kam and very little about Bryer other than his father's distorted perception. How can we possibly judge the sons by the families?

Where were Kam and Bryer overnight from July 12 to July 14? Did they sleep on the side of the highway to cut costs? Were they just another camper truck on the Alaska highway on July 14?

Where did Lucas and Chynna stay overnight on July 13?

SBM

Makes me wonder if they had a dynamic similar to the following:
B: "Wouldn't it be awesome if we set the vehicles on fire!?"
K: "Yes! . . . But, dude, we need matches or something for the fire first."

Have to wonder if their phones were dead by then, if not surely Bryer would film it. Surprised none of their activities were streamed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong