Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an addendum: if Kam got weapons from his family, in the wake of how Bryer's father was treated for his admission for buying his son an Airsoft rifle, which almost assuredly was not used in the crimes, I don't blame them at all for being quiet. They will be demonized and crucified, no matter what they have done or what they say.

Ooooh that’s a sobering thought :O

The estimated timing of the missing guns is off by 6 days but it could be something:

ETA: the dates for the break-in are estimated so maybe it is possible this happened earlier then stated below:

On July 22nd, 2019 Port Alberni RCMP received a report that 2 shotguns were stolen from a residence in the 4800 block of David St between July 18th and 21st. The investigation indicates that a break and enter occurred and is being activbely examined. Port Alberni detachment is requesting any information regarding this incident or the location of the shotguns.

More Info: Port Alberni File # File #2019-7788

Crimes of the Week | Alberni Valley Crime Stoppers
You are right, there is the possibility the dates were wrong. Sometimes people reporting thefts guess wrong about when something was stolen, so it is a possibility BC and KM took them

Last edited:
It’s a desire for full and complete transparency from our government, specifically law enforcement.

It has nothing to do with “gory details.”

Privacy is one thing, and it is maintained in private matters that don’t involve the public interest. For instance, I can’t request an autopsy report of someone who isn’t related to me. When a crime like this occurs, the public demands answers, as this affected the public at large.

It is the duty of public officials to provide these answers in due course, and as the investigation allows. It is important to understand what happened, how it happened, and why it happened.

That requires details.

Whose government?

Who wants to know the gory details of how Dr Leonard Dyck, Chynna Deese, and Lucas Fowler died and why? Do we want to know if a gun was used and then a knife was used to slash? That's a bit gruesome, but I do wonder what level of details our government wants about the murders?

What answers have not been provided? "Duty of public record" is supposed to reveal what? It is impossible to "understand what happened, how it happened, and why it happened."

It is unrealistic to expect that knowing whether Chynna's face was slashed with a knife will help understand.

Licence plates on the truck were too burned to read, but the VIN was intact?
Doubtful.

The police attended the scene while the vehicle was still burning. They probably were able to see it was a Dodge, red, with a camper. They might have recorded the license number before it melted off. The VIN number is also stamped into the frame in addition to the VIN ticket.

Licence plates on the truck were too burned to read, but the VIN was intact?
Doubtful.

The VIN isn't the only identifying serial number on a vehicle (others are traceable too, such as one from a driveshaft or similar on the truck used in the Oklahoma City bombing). But, is the VIN on steel, or aluminum? Hrmmm . Excuse me whilst I dash to my garage...
Okay, I can't tell what the metal is, but one of them isn't even stamped, it's just a painted strip with the number and a bar code.
I did a bit of searching, and found this;
https://www.wklaw.com/practice-area...-vehicle-code-sections-10802-10803-and-10750/

According to that, the VIN is often stamped elsewhere in the vehicle too. However, I just checked, and on my vehicles the door jamb ones are stickers. I'll need daylight to go checking under the hood or the chassis, but I did find this for VIN locations;
https://d3vl3jxeh4ou3u.cloudfront.n... the areas where the VIN could be located.jpg

Some of those locations would be steel.

I'm sure this has been discussed but only just popped into my head lol..

Maybe this was a really big, premeditated plan and even getting a job at Walmart for 5 weeks was part of the plan. They could've gotten first jobs at fast food restaurants or counter jobs, why Walmart doing the graveyard shift? I guess less people around to interact with working those hours. I'm wondering if it's easy to steal stuff working the graveyard shift (sleeping bags, camping gear, etc.)?
Does Walmart sell guns? Could they have any way to take guns and ammo while working there, such as working on the gun counter and having the keys etc?

Miraculously a Nelson River boater came forward after the bodies were found and claimed credit for finding the bodies - he reported a sleeping bag in Port Nelson 111 km away from the bodies.

Dyad is the term to describe two males 19/18 years old who are mutually influenced to act against known mores.

The person I was referring to that spotted the sleeping bag was not the boater from the Nelson, it was the guy who helped them pull out the Rav when it got stuck.

How many sleeping bag "sightings" have there been?

The reason I find this significant as well as mentioning Folie a Deux and the game Rust is the fact that Rust is a survivalist game. Does anyone know if they played this game?

The sleeping bag is significant in the game because it apparently is some kind of symbol or a signal that the game is over. The sleeping bag is supposed to represent an opportunity to start the game anew and "respawn" as it's referred to in the game.

Perhaps they thought they were in a video game? Something about this reminds me of Magnotta.

I hope that tourists from the USA and Australia think carefully when traveling in foreign countries. When in Rome, do as the Romans.

Three days after their bodies were found Chynna's passport was found hidden in the van. Prior to that, nothing about the van - not the VIN or the licence plate - connected the vehicle to the owner Lucas Fowler.

Wasn’t that due to an anomaly with insurance (or registration)?

I’m assuming that the VIN number also gave RCMP a list of previous registered owners, the last owner on file was Mr Weder. When police contacted him he was able to explain who Lucas Fowler was.

Last edited:
The person I was referring to that spotted the sleeping bag was not the boater from the Nelson, it was the guy who helped them pull out the Rav when it got stuck.

How many sleeping bag "sightings" have there been?

The reason I find this significant as well as mentioning Folie a Deux and the game Rust is the fact that Rust is a survivalist game. Does anyone know if they played this game?

The sleeping bag is significant in the game because it apparently is some kind of symbol or a signal that the game is over. The sleeping bag is supposed to represent an opportunity to start the game anew and "respawn" as it's referred to in the game.

Perhaps they thought they were in a video game? Something about this reminds me of Magnotta.

Great. The Cold Lake witness also managed to work the blue sleeping bag into his narrative. It makes for a good story.

Wasn’t that due to an anomaly with insurance (or registration)?

No. There was no anomaly. The van licence plate and VIN were useless to RCMP. The murder victims could not be traced using that information.

Three days after the murders, the victims were identified with the discovery of Chynna's hidden passport.

Where did the couple stay overnight on July 13?

Three days after their bodies were found Chynna's passport was found hidden in the van. Prior to that, nothing about the van - not the VIN or the licence plate - connected the vehicle to the owner Lucas Fowler.
This statement relative to van ownership is simply not true.

No. There was no anomaly. The van licence plate and VIN were useless to RCMP. The murder victims could not be traced using that information.

Three days after the murders, the victims were identified with the discovery of Chynna's hidden passport.

Where did the couple stay overnight on July 13?

BBM.

Why didn’t the registration and plate indicate who the owner was? And who the principal driver was? All in all I suppose if nothing else it’s a good reminder to make sure your car registration/insurance info is correct.

Still getting my bearings with this case but have been lurking for awhile...

I keep reading comments about a sleeping bag and was wondering who else has read the Wikipedia article about the video game Rust? I don't think I can link anything here but what I read sent up red flags.

I was reading over the Wiki article and it mentions something about how at the "end of the game" players are offered a chance to start over and it's somehow connected to a sleeping bag. The term used is respawning and it's mentioned at the end of the "gameplay" section.

I don't even know what I'm trying to say it just stood out to me. Clearly these two had some kind of Folie a Deux/ suicide pact.

Ughh, I read the Wiki, it sounds like a violent, disgusting game (imho, I personally wouldn't want to play it). There are definitely some interesting similarities between the game, and how the suspects acted out their 'real life trip'.

I wonder now just how much effect violent games like this can have on a young persons developing brain? Especially if they may have already hidden proclivities towards violence? Not to insinuate that all violence in games is bad, I know a few adults who play Minecraft, and they are normal, nice, hard-working people, who wouldn't hurt anyone, or anything.

From Wikipedia: "Upon death, a screen with an option to respawn at a random location or at a sleeping bag placed prior appears."

This statement relative to van ownership is simply not true.

It is, actually.

"Three days after their bodies were found Chynna's passport was found hidden in the van. Prior to that, nothing about the van - not the VIN or the licence plate - connected the vehicle to the owner Lucas Fowler."

What links do you want? Lucas father stated that it took 3 days to identify the bodies, the passport?

BBM.

Why didn’t the registration and plate indicate who the owner was? And who the principal driver was? All in all I suppose if nothing else it’s a good reminder to make sure your car registration/insurance info is correct.

Van licence plate and VIN connects to someone. We don't know who that was, but it would have come out during trial.

Lucas Fowler owned the van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member