Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #19

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Strangeworld, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FactFinder3000

FactFinder3000 Well-Known Member

Like Ted Bundy? There are many serial killers who held degrees. Tells us nothing.

Hitler is personally responsible for the death of 6 million people. Pretending to find his picture sexually arousing, and thinking that is in any way funny, potentially shows how deeply disturbed Bryer was.

Also, the fact that his classmate still remembers his remarks years later shows how deeply disturbing they were.

2. raffielle

raffielle Active Member

Just a thought - I don't think these videos showed/told any information regarding the killings or concrete information otherwise I believe they would be charged with LF & CD murders which they weren't and still only remain suspects. Although, I'm unsure if you can charge a dead person with a crime.

SovereignSnake, Jan424, CinNC and 2 others like this.
  3. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Well, combined with what else we have heard, such as his violent fantasies of chopping people's heads off, it might be viewed as a little disturbing.

Inkblot, Trooper and Jan424 like this.
  4. SnooperDuper

SnooperDuper Well-Known Member

But would it have made sense to go on tv when KM and BS had no tv and no use of data/smartphone or computer?

5. LoisLane

LoisLane Well-Known Member

I think she probably has included a time frame and limitations in the non-disclosure. I think it’s smart for her to make these statements. It’s pressure on the RCMP to keep in check regarding communication with AS and she is acting for the best interest of her client.

copkid, MsBetsy and Zella like this.
  6. cartman

cartman Well-Known Member

Same here. I wonder if he got into any trouble for that prank.

I would also really like to know about the bearded man seen talking to CD and LF.

LoisLane, sandbar, Jan424 and 2 others like this.
  7. Esprite

Esprite Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree. To their credit, the good folks of PA weren't forthcoming with much juicy gossip, so photos of signs, houses, gardens etc became the focal points.

And of course, the parks of NYC are drug-free.

More than the article itself, the reader comments are really interesting.

Jan424, MsBetsy and Zella like this.
  8. SnooperDuper

SnooperDuper Well-Known Member

They are not charging anyone anymore because they are dead.

9. MsBetsy

Yeah, I'm pretty sure a dead person cannot be charged.
    So unfortunately it doesn't tell us much.

Jan424 likes this.
  10. MsBetsy

Try turning your phone to see the post numbers.

11. NJSleuth91

NJSleuth91 Former Member

Well I also don't think my friends and husband have killed anyone.

As I said, South Park and Family Guy have way worse jokes than that and are watched by millions of people.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

12. MsBetsy

Yeah, I think so too.
    I worked with kids with emotional problems in an Alternative Ed school, and even my students thought that kind of thing was disturbing! Imo

human, Inkblot, Trooper and 2 others like this.
  13. Gina20

Gina20 Well-Known Member

Who says they had no use of data/smartphone or computer?

LoisLane, Jan424 and musicaljoke like this.
  14. Gina20

Gina20 Well-Known Member

Just wondering what the farewell video was recorded on if they had no smartphone? Reel-to-reel tape? Old videocam?

LoisLane, MsBetsy and Jan424 like this.
  15. Kubirai

Kubirai Well-Known Member

Exactly. If AS had received any text or call, he would have bragged about it in the TV interviews.

16. Zella

Zella Well-Known Member

All of the reporting said the suicide note/last will and testament video was on a cellphone.

17. Kubirai

Kubirai Well-Known Member

RCMP tentatively connected them to the murders on July 19, soon after their burning truck and a nearby body was reported.

Their cellphone records between July 12 and July 19 were collected before they were named as suspects. We can assume KM/BS took measures to prevent locating their phones after July 19.

Kiantra, LoisLane, amizeee and 3 others like this.
  18. FactFinder3000

FactFinder3000 Well-Known Member

We sure will.

The overall picture we have a Bryer before his crimes is quite disturbing to me. While you could dismiss any one of these things, of course, it shows a consistency, to me, that just shows where his head was at. Because it's not just him pretending to masturbate to a framed photo of Hitler. There is far, far more.

How about a list?

- First and foremost, we have the benefit of hindsight. This man was a willing participant in the brutal murder of 3 innocent victims. He then killed himself to avoid capture.

- "an Army Surplus store eight months ago ... Bryer was excited about the Nazi items there." (source)

- "when they were playing video games, like 'Can you imagine if this was real?' kind of a thing. And he'd get a little too excited about it." (source)

- “There were times he would tell me and my friends ways he wanted to kill us and then himself, which is scary,” she said. “One of my friends commented that Bryer said he wanted to kill his whole family.” (source)

- "Other people who say they went to school with Schmegelsky described similar encounters." (source same as previous)

- "One friend said he was on a camping trip with Mr. Schmegelsky and Mr. McLeod. Mr. Schmegelsky was wearing a Nazi armband and military fatigues and using a replica Nazi knife to crush up Ritalin tablets and snort them. “I’m so dumbfounded that Kam would be a part of this,” said the teen." (source)

- "Another online gamer recalled Mr. Schmegelsky making jokes on SnapChat about cutting people’s heads off." (same source as previous)

---

And that's just some of what we know about.

This was not a guy with a quirky sense of humor. This guy should have been dealt with long before he killed three people. If there is an inquiry, that's what it's going to be about. This is not a normal person, and it seems blindingly obvious that he had violent, homicidal, and suicidal fantasies.

jash, Inkblot, LoisLane and 5 others like this.
  19. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

The only recent Canadian inquiry involving homicides that I can think of is after Wettlaufer plead guilty to murdering nine seniors in nursing homes, an inquiry was held to determine how her various nursing home employers were unable to detect that she was killing patients, even though several of the families questioned the circumstances of the sudden deaths of their family members who were in her care. The entire focus was on nursing home hiring and management procedures and given nursing homes hold the responsibility of protecting patients, how this women got away with nine undetected murders. The recommendations all involved more stringent protocols and this is the function of public inquiries, so that anyone with a vested interest is allowed input.

Inquiry report seeks to prevent a repeat of the Wettlaufer case in Canadian nursing homes | The Star

“The four-volume, 1,500 page report — to be released at noon Wednesday — “identifies the systemic vulnerabilities” that allowed registered nurse Elizabeth Wettlaufer to murder nine elderly people in her care by injecting them with insulin overdoses, says Mark Zigler, co-lead counsel for the provincial public inquiry into the killings...”

20. Jan424

Jan424 Well-Known Member

Can they do this if they were filming videos here and there on a phone, maybe after July 19th?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.