CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Strangeworld, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curious Me

Curious Me Long-Time Member from back in the day

That thought just crossed my mind, too. For awhile there, those two teens were missing. Their truck and camper absolutely destroyed by fire. We were all concerned for those two teens thinking they were probably dead. It seems possible that's what they were setting it up to look like.

2. Shlock Homes

Shlock Homes Well-Known Member

If they had driven up to Whitehorse, then were driving back home to Port Alberni, it makes sense to have stopped in Dease Lake on their way home 4 days after Bryer talked to his grandmother. Why would they go in the direction of Laird River, which was out of the way. Fowler and Reese's van was pointing north, so they were heading up, Kam and Bryer would have had to be driving the opposite direction if they were coming from Whitehorse. But then why stop a random van?

3. Dawookie

Dawookie Well-Known Member

Also depends on what kind of backpack they have as well. A pump shotgun with a pistol grip can be cut down pretty short and might just fit in a normal backpack. A double barrel can definitely be cut down to fit in a normal backpack. If they have a decent size hiking backpack you could definitely fit a shotgun that's been cut down but still have enough barrel length to have some accuracy

4. Ksask

Ksask Member

I think they decided to check out the van assuming it was abandoned. May have even shot at it for a thrill and out comes victims and in a panic shot victims.

5. sleuth3000

sleuth3000 Well-Known Member

That doesnt add up or make sense with the timeline unless you're suggesting they had nothing to do with the deaths of the tourists which also seems unlikely at best

6. Ray_of_hope

Ray_of_hope Verified registered nurse

The van was broken down, or cooling. If the teens were disappointed in their job hunting trip and heading back home, they may have seen the occupants of the van as an opportunity for money and not to have return home. When RCMP were trying to ID the van's occupants, it was reported that they had a hard time finding anything and only found Chynna's passport hidden. Just swirling thoughts... But I love how you think, Shlock.

10ofRods, Curious Me and Tarika like this.
  7. Kaie

Kaie Well-Known Member

The two Facebook accounts became inaccessible in unison too. That's what made me think it wasn't family members who did it.

8. scrappinkat

scrappinkat Well-Known Member

I believe his father visited him every two weeks these past two years. But according to court documents there was a fair amount of animosity between the father and mother, a messy breakup. There’s a good chance that parents used Bryer as a tool to win in the breakup as compared to treating him as a child who was losing his security/family. I think that alone would preempt any father to feel like he failed his child.

As for the burnt “laptop” in their truck. It wasn’t a laptop, it was a desktop tower that was found in the pickup truck remains.

9. FactFinder3000

FactFinder3000 Well-Known Member

Really? I think it's awesome.

10. sleuth3000

sleuth3000 Well-Known Member

This sure is getting an awful lot of coverage

Attached Files:

11. puppyraiser

puppyraiser Well-Known Member

IF they are innocent then why not contact LE and give up? By now they have to know there is a huge manhunt underway and things could possibly go sideways if they encounter LE, the Armed Forces or other people who are more than likely aware of what they are accused of and may perceive a threat if one of them moves too quickly.

I've stated before that I think they are long gone from the Gillam area but who knows. 4 days hiding out in a cabin or the bush with rain, bugs, wild animals etc, few supplies and armed people all over the place (planes and drones flying above) would make me want to turn myself in, especially if I didn't do the things I was accused of. The longer this goes on, the more guilty they appear.
    Unless they are deceased already but I doubt that's the case in this situation. MOO

Blue Amethyst, afitzy, Herat and 3 others like this.
  12. ToneHound

ToneHound Well-Known Member

This is something I’ve been thinking, as well. I’m sure LE are clued into this, but it’s crossed my mind that there must be someone in their circle of friends and online community that may know about what they could have been planning pre/during and post crimes. The odds are good that they just couldn’t resist going online and bragging or even sending out msgs to someone out there.

HulaMum, steelybird and Ray_of_hope like this.
  13. SilentSentry

SilentSentry Well-Known Member

Removing access to the accounts for the suspects/family members/general population would be part of securing evidence, think of it as a digital chain of custody. The evidence has to be preserved in as close a state as it was at the time the offences are committed

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  14. scrappinkat

scrappinkat Well-Known Member

44BDB8C6-D83C-4693-8136-758C72324521.png

This is what he posted.

15. SilentSentry

SilentSentry Well-Known Member

Look mom! I'm on TV!

HayLouise, ToneHound, cody22 and 3 others like this.
  16. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

[bbm]

what clothing? who is naive?

Tarika likes this.
  17. FactFinder3000

FactFinder3000 Well-Known Member

I support them 100%.

JaneEyre, Tarika, Zella and 1 other person like this.
  18. Lalalacasbah

Lalalacasbah Well-Known Member

I thought police said they were not responsible for deactivation of their FB accounts, so it must've been them. I will try to find link.

ToneHound, Tarika and Trooper like this.
  19. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

People can shove AR15s down the front of their baggy pants and walk around. Watch any National Geographic show on drug violence and you'll see this.

Blue Amethyst, Tarika, cody22 and 2 others like this.
  20. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

Too many cameras, too many eyes and people with cell phones keeping updates. Too many LE to scrutinize crowds.

Tarika, Zella and Trooper like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.