CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Strangeworld, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otto

otto Verified Expert

They were in Split Lake on Monday July 22. Police arrive July 23.
    North Churchill train is on Tuesday, South Winnipeg train is on Thursday.
    There are many stops between Gillam and Churchill that they could have hopped on and off while RCMP were checking trains in Churchill and the wetlands of Northern Manitoba..

upload_2019-7-27_0-21-44.png

upload_2019-7-27_0-24-14.png

2. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Canada murders: Fresh CCTV footage of suspects in Lucas Fowler killing released

Sarah Thomas
    9 mins ago
    In the footage released by police on Friday (local time), the two are seen casually walking around a store in Meadow Lake, in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, known colloquially as Mounties, said the footage was shot on July 21, six days after the bodies of Sydney man Mr Fowler, 23, and his American girlfriend Chynna Deese, 24, were discovered on a highway in British Columbia.

The Mounties are using helicopters and tracker dogs to search for Mr Schmegelsky and Mr McLeod, and have also called in air support from the Canadian military.

The hunt for the accused murderers has since shifted 1,300 kilometres east to the remote rural town of Gillam in the province of Manitoba.

The search has been centred on Gillam since the discovery nearby of a burnt-out vehicle in which Mr Schmegelsky and Mr McLeod had been travelling.

Police are now going door-to-door in the town and say they want to speak to any members of the public who may have unwittingly helped the pair.

Police said there had been two corroborated sightings of the suspects in the area.

"It is possible that someone may not have been aware of who they were providing assistance to and may now be hesitant to come forward,"
    The pair are childhood friends from Port Alberni on Vancouver Island.

3. Zella

Zella Well-Known Member

Quoting myself but I think that the attraction that bound them was that KM offered a sense of normalcy and stability and most likely some level of affluence than BS clearly lacked in his own upbringing while BS appealed to some of KM's darker impulses that would have been frowned upon by everyone else in his life.

All MOO.

LadyL, Lexiintoronto, Tarika and 7 others like this.
  4. PingTheRouter

PingTheRouter Ghetto Superstar

lol fugitives spotted where within 1/3rd of canada more news at 11!

5. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

The camper was reportedly burned at the same scene as the truck. Because it was fibreglass it apparently melted in the fire. Thats also where the computer tower was found. The source was a reporter but sorry, I don’t have the link at hand.

The third crime scene was close to the town of Dease Lake.

"I came through the day that happened and I saw the vehicle," said Dease Lake resident Margery Loverin. "To me, there was no sign of a camper being on the back of it. That's how badly it seemed to be burned."

The area by the side of the highway where the man's body was found is the second scene connected to the case.

The RCMP has also expanded its efforts to a third location much closer to the town of Dease Lake itself. That scene is also on the side of the highway, but it's unclear what's behind the police tape there.
    Northern B.C. deaths: Investigators probing 3 scenes near Dease Lake

6. sleuth3000

sleuth3000 Well-Known Member

not saying either is unwitting or unwilling, certainly not this late in the game.
    just wondering how differently each of them imagined this playing out, and/or if one of them was planning it for longer than the other knew or planned for more of it than they let on

some have suggested this is more of a botched robbery situation than a murder spree situation. Maybe they each had a different idea how this would go down, assuming it was planned at all, if you get my drift

Errrr, M_Shelll1, Curious Me and 5 others like this.
  7. Zella

Zella Well-Known Member

Yes, I understand what you mean! I lean more toward murder spree, but I've definitely been wrong before. I was one of the ones who assumed they were innocent missing teens until they were announced as suspects!

Curious Me, Trooper and Tarika like this.
  8. sleuth3000

well if it makes you feel any better, one of the more recent canadian manhunts, dude was just hiding on a farm for few weeks, residents found him and talked to him for a few hours, then he went to police and turned himself in

LadyL, TimesEight, Trooper and 3 others like this.
  9. otto

otto Verified Expert

I was thinking along the same lines.

PixieStix, Trooper, Zella and 2 others like this.
  10. sleuth3000

Hey does anyone know offhand when the couples murder was first reported? As in, when would it have first appeared online?

Tarika, Trooper and Zella like this.
  11. nao

nao Well-Known Member

No mention of blood outside van. No clean up. Think it happened in van then they took them out. So maybe they did do staging of bodies.

12. MistyWaters

MistyWaters Well-Known Member

If one or both are hooked on the snorting of Ritalin that explains a lot, more so than any plan IMO.

LadyL, Ooohm, Tarika and 2 others like this.
  13. huntergerrard

huntergerrard Well-Known Member

They may have only taken that job in an effort to get supplies and a bit of money. Once they have enough supplies and money, they quit.

14. sleuth3000

nothing really to suggest thats the case. Could have just as easily been showing off to impress. They've been described as not having issues with drugs, and while parents might not know none of their peers have mentioned anything.

15. otto

otto Verified Expert

Botched robbery? If they got money, it was not botched. Lucas may not have been carrying much cash, but I bet that Chynna had Canadian money for her trip.

They could not let their victims live because the goal was to go undetected as long as possible. They took their ID and any money they could find, did not take their possessions, shot the Australian/USA couple and moved on. Thankfully Chynna hid her passport in the van.

When the suspects decided they wanted a vehicle with better gas mileage. It was easier to kill the third victim because they were already committed to murdering witnesses. They calculated a hitchhiking scheme on opposite sides of the highway to capture someone. They killed him and took his Rav4. They could have left him alive stranded on the side of the highway, but he would have identified them immediately. They had to kill him and take his ID to prevent identification of his vehicle. They drove his vehicle to Manitoba and only after it was torched did RCMP learn the identify of the man at the side of the highway in BC.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  16. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Dubbo is a city in the Orana Region of New South Wales, Australia. It is the largest population centre in the Orana region, with a population of 38,392 at June 2018. The city is located at the intersection of the Newell, Mitchell and Golden highways. That said, Dubbo is where I generally speed up and get thru as quickly as I can.. . hopefully, no one from Dubbo will read this!...

Hag, Ooohm, ToneHound and 5 others like this.
  17. Tarika

Tarika One of the snoop sisters

If they had just each received a pay cheque .... I am assuming for a two week period, how much money approx. would that be? A couple grand?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    otto, Zella and Trooper like this.
  18. Wakutz

Wakutz New Member

tmar and Tarika like this.
  19. Dawookie

Dawookie Well-Known Member

Nowhere near that unless Walmart in Canada pays much much higher than here in the states. I'd say half to three quarters of that combined

20. sleuth3000

I agree with most of what you're saying, but I can see a situation in which, say perhaps, the teens agree to rob the couple, maybe theyve hid their car and walked back in masks. Already dont have to be worried about being ID'd then. perhaps the plan went awry then they flee and the rest of their actions are based on desperation and escape.

perhaps the same scenario but BS intends murder from the get go but only tells KM they will rob then leave and not get caught.

perhaps a similar scenario with one of 1000 variants, theres really no way to know.

Nothing says they "had" to kill the couple. I'm sure you're aware there are quite a few unsolved robberies that happen pretty much... all the time.

SteveP and Tarika like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.