CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think they’re long gone from Manitoba and I’d be willing to bet there’s been another murder or at least a kidnapping that LE hasn’t found yet. Let’s not loose sight of the timeline. These guys were not being heavily pressured by LE when they burnt the RAV4. In my opinion they burnt that car because they had another ride already! I could see them torching the car if the toad blocks were already set up etc but with no one pressuring them at that point I don’t know why they’d make that leap to no-mans land.

Why did they not kill the person who helped them push the Rav out? Why would you spare a witness after already killing 3 people? Have they run out of ammo?
I got the impression this occurred near the man’s home and during daylight. They may have considered it too risky given other murders occurred in secluded locations and likely at night.

They would be sunstantially less lethal than a knife, and them being lethal at all is questionable.
Those "airsoft" guns use plastic pellets and leave a tiny welt at most.
Even the ones powered by compressed co2 using metal pellets arnt very serious. When I was a kid (im not that old) folks would use those to go play 'war' in the woods. I remember one guy got hit almost point blank one time and had to sortof dig the pellet out with a stick or some crap, think he went back to playing, very least he didnt go home or seek/need any sort of medical attention

Apologies if Im answering a question you didnt ask

Yeah. They are marketed as being “lethal” in the context of small animals.

They certainly are.

I’ve never heard of one being used as a murder weapon though, as it would take an amazing stroke of luck to actually kill a person with one.

It’s not at all practical.

Is there a link to this letter?
Mother-teen-Canadian-murder-suspect-pleads-caring-loving-boy-come-home-safe.html

BS parents, IMHO, seem like they dont have any issue believing he's capable of this. Neither does seemingly anyone at all who knew him. Havnt really heard a good word about him beyond he helped his grandma take out the trash or some such.
Reverse seems to be true of KM, dont think Ive heard a single negative thing about him. Directly at least, obvs his involvement implies much

I think some people are not understanding what very remote communities mean. Access to movie theaters and campgrounds with lockers are not common up in the remote areas of northern canada. McDonald's wifi ...not sure how many McDonalds are in northern canada (roads they traveled) but im going to guess 2 at the most. When they say one road in and one road out it means exactly that, the road in and out is not a highway. Some people in nothern areas dont have power, cabins up there would also not have running water nevermind security surveillance with the needed wifi to remotely view. Just saying....

Medical records are private and protected and these kids are over 16 so the parents don't have access. LE would not have that information now.

The parents might know if their kids have or had prescription medications though, and might give that info to LE. That info probably wouldn't be made public right now though, unless the parents told media about it. And Bryer's father seems to like to talk... he probably would have mentioned it. Kam's family is decidedly more quiet about all aspects of the situation

i was under the impression in canada a judge could ask for it to be released with a warrant in violent crimes

its a little hard because we are dealing with aussies commenting within a canadian system so something things and laws are different
On what grounds could they ask for a warrant right now though? Their records may relevant to their defence. I don't think it helps LE to have the records at the moment in any way.

I think the only way these guys would kill themselves is with an audience or in a place where they get extra points for doing so.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they end up walking into their homes one last time. I really think they torched that RAV 4 on their way out of Gillam. They were already long gone when the car was spotted.

Them being currently untraceable could be the time they need to cool down for their next showdown. But I believe they are always moving. If they are swapping vehicles and killing people along the way it is only collateral damage for their main goal (whatever that may be).

I also believe me Dyck was targeted for his vehicle. As someone else mentioned that truck would guzzle gas, and if there was a sudden change in plans to go cross country the fuel friendly rav4 would likely be more satisfying then a camper.

How about those "lethal" pellets they sell at Walmart.ca?

What lethal pellets? Are you referring to the high velocity air rifles, the airsoft pellets or something different because I've never heard of such a thing?

There are high velocity pellet guns but those that meet established criteria fall under our firearms act and require the same licensing as their more conventional counterparts.

The parents might know if their kids have or had prescription medications though, and might give that info to LE. That info probably wouldn't be made public right now though, unless the parents told media about it. And Bryer's father seems to like to talk... he probably would have mentioned it. Kam's family is decidedly more quiet about all aspects of the situation

this is what i was thinking, they are only a couple of years past age of consent, their parents would have a fair idea of what they take and who they see, not sure the next steps to that but it wouldn't be hard to find out

can someone confirm or deny a judge can release medical records in a violent crime case with a warrant? i thought this was the case but i could be wrong, it would be sealed court records though so it would never be public

I think some people are not understanding what very remote communities mean. Access to movie theaters and campgrounds with lockers are not common up in the remote areas of northern canada. McDonald's wifi ...not sure how many McDonalds are in northern canada (roads they traveled) but im going to guess 2 at the most. When they say one road in and one road out it means exactly that, the road in and out is not a highway. Some people in nothern areas dont have power, cabins up there would also not have running water nevermind security surveillance with the needed wifi to remotely view. Just saying....

The scale also I think is difficult to visualize. For example on alot of the maps it sorta seems the rav was found right outside of gilliam. In reality it was almost an hours drive away

I agree with you and would add that I suspect that both families are co-operating with the RCMP in hope that this can be resolved without their kids also winding up dead.

The press is another matter. The McLeods aren’t talking and Mrs. Schmegelsky and her partner have apparently left home to get away from the media. The head of the Port Alberni Chamber of Commerce has described the treatment of her as harassment.

can someone confirm or deny a judge can release medical records in a violent crime case with a warrant? i thought this was the case but i could be wrong, it would be sealed court records though so it would never be public

Yes, they can get a warrant and get the records, but I don't think that would be any kind of priority at the moment. Later on, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88