Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is link to Press Briefing on July 19th (DOD July 14/15):

Prior to the 19th the 2 deaths were described as "suspicous deaths".

As of this briefing date (19th) the deaths were discussed as being homicides, the names of the 2 victims were provided and the situation was deemed suspicious by RCMP. "Gun Violence" is NOT mentioned by the RCMP in this Press Briefing (but is discussed in the next Press Briefing).

RCMP spent more time in the Press Briefing talking about NSW folks (Fowler father and 2 detectives) coming to Canada as not being part of the investigation group than speaking to the issue of public safety or the COD.

RCMP said that they did not have any information to lead them to believe that there was a heightened risk of safety in the area.
The two young guys still have not been charged for the murder of l&c. They're under suspicion and wanted in connection with. But they have not been accused of murdering l&c. There's not been first degree murder charges which would mean that it was planned and premeditated. Also with the death of LD the two young guys are charged with second-degree murder. Meaning that it was not premeditated.
Another interesting point is that l&c were found dead on Monday morning and LD was found dead on Friday. Meaning that if Kam and Bryer killed all three ...the young men were hiding out in the same area for 5 days. M,T,W,T,F. I don't know.... if you just 'murdered' two people why would you stay in the area for 5 days? Wouldn't you be on the Run?

Two days leaves plenty of time to eat, sleep, fuel, and take bathroom breaks for a single driver on a route that is expected to take 25 or so hours (waiting a sailing or two would add some time):
View attachment 195782
I’m not just basing this on Google maps. I regularly leave far northern BC late in the morning and arrive in the Vancouver area the next evening when traveling alone (for comparison, Google maps predicts 24 hours for my trip), It’s a long drive, but very doable. With a driver to trade off with I’ve done the whole trip in under 24 hrs (made it on last minute notice to see my grandma who’d been hospitalized just before she passed away).
Gosh, sorry about your gram. That was quite an achievement to be with her. But have you considered trying for an Indy 500 ride, because that trip sounds pretty wild, IMO.
Anybody interested can find some info on the TransCanada portions of their journey here.
Canadian Road Information on TransCanadaHighway.com

The two young guys still have not been charged for the murder of l&c. They're under suspicion and wanted in connection with. But they have not been accused of murdering l&c. There's not been first degree murder charges which would mean that it was planned and premeditated. Also with the death of LD the two young guys are charged with second-degree murder. Meaning that it was not premeditated.
Another interesting point is that l&c were found dead on Monday morning and LD was found dead on Friday. Meaning that if Kam and Bryer killed all three ...the young men were hiding out in the same area for 5 days. M,T,W,T,F. I don't know.... if you just 'murdered' two people why would you stay in the area for 5 days? Wouldn't you be on the Run?
Yes, they seem to be more likely to flee long distances very quickly from what has been seen so far, not hang out for a week!

Gosh, sorry about your gram. That was quite an achievement to be with her. But have you considered trying for an Indy 500 ride, because that trip sounds pretty wild, IMO.
Anybody interested can find some info on the TransCanada portions of their journey here.
Canadian Road Information on TransCanadaHighway.com
Thanks :) I will say even the two days isn’t a relaxed trip, but it’s definitely doable. Less than 24 hours was a one-off for sure!

Resources are leaving York according to the media.

So I guess nothing happens until they re surface.

Hopefully a press conference in the morning.

Essentially everyone now just needs to wait until the next tip-off.

I was under the impression that the locations of the murders were 6 hours apart.

No?

Maybe.. Maybe just maybe .... the death of Lucas and Chynna was an accident?
K&B or wanted in connection with an inspection of the death. Again they haven't been charged with first-degree or second-degree murder
They hang out in the area for 5 days Monday through Friday.
Seems to be they were camped out somewhere ...
Maybe figuring out what to do? Do they turn themselves in? do they run?
They eventually headed south and come across LD took his vehicle second degree murder killed him towards their vehicle and then ran. Maybe it was all an accident? And they panic & didn't know what to do?

I was under the impression that the locations of the murders were 6 hours apart.

No?
Yeah but 6 hours in remote locations like Canada is not very far. I used to drive two hours to go to Tim Hortons for and iced cappuccino. Truly.

When I was living up north in Alberta we would drive 5 and 1/2 hours to go shopping in Edmonton. We spend the night then go back the next day.

Something tells me they'll all be pulling out of Gillam within the next couple of days, too, both Mounties and military. Absolutely nothing appears to be showing up and they're wasting lots of resources jostling equipment around and feeding and housing all those members in a community that can barely serve its own needs. Besides the optics are terrible. Not only are we not delivering up the "good triumphing over evil" shootout that tv viewing audiences can pretty reliably enjoy but there's all sorts of footage of uniformed guys with automatic weapons at the ready perched on the sides of pickup truck cargo beds hurtling along potholed unpaved roads. It's making Canada look like Afghanistan East, if you ask me. Better to get many more services and good potable water to these northern communities than use all that manpower and material on this fruitless endeavour. Those teens are either deceased or they will eventually turn up somewhere. Meantime, time to ring down the curtain - not on the investigation and evidence gathering but on this expensive futile road trip. Only my opinion, of course.

Last edited:
Something tells me they'll all be pulling out of Gillam within the next couple of days, too, both Mounties and military. Absolutely nothing appears to be showing up and they're wasting lots of resources jostling equipment around and feeding and housing all those members in a community that can barely serve its own needs. Besides the optics are terrible. Not only are we not delivering up the "good triumphing over evil" shootout that tv viewing audiences can pretty reliably enjoy but there's all sorts of footage of uniformed guys with automatic weapons at the ready perched on the sides of pickup truck cargo beds hurtling along potholed unpaved roads. It's making Canada look like Afghanistan East, if you ask me. Better to get many more services and good potable water to these northern communities than use all that manpower and material on this fruitless endeavour. Those teens are either deceased or they will eventually turn up somewhere. Meantime, time to ring down the curtain - not on the investigation and evidence gathering but on this expensive futile road trip. Only my opinion, of course.

I totally agree.

702E75DF-1F47-4C30-95EF-3873F55FB499.jpeg
Unrelated to this case but does anyone know if theres a thread on websleuths for this missing man? I looked and didn’t see one but might have just missed it.

A member of the Manitoba Trappers Association told Canada's APTN National News the climate and topography were tricky. He also said traplines — routes along which hunters set traps for animals — ran for hundreds of kilometres across the region, and could be a problem for the fugitives. "No-one's checking them [the traps] right now."

Bear Clan Patrol spots fugitive Canadian teens 'scavenging for food' in remote dump

Wouldn’t that be something, being caught in a trap on a line that no-one’s checking. What a way to die, and it would be slow. They could easily become prey in a situation like that. No food, no shelter, being bitten by hordes of bugs and just lying there hoping a bear or something else doesn't attack them.

I have no idea how to bring things over from a previous thread. Just wanted to add to Trooper's reply about how Australian police prefer to handle things.

ACTION MAN ARREST

Trooper said: It would be a slimmest of all chances if Lucas Fowler was armed. His upbringing, essentially, would be of a gun free zone, particularly since his father was a copper in NSW. That's how it works.. they are the most rabid and stringent anti gun folks of all. NSW coppers haven't been carrying guns for that long, either, only about 20 years.. before that, they dealt with stuff by a stern look and a verbal bollocking.

And they still do, out of preference. Something about NSW coppers, they love the shirtfront approach, and they have it down to a fine art. This is what Lucas would have been exposed to most of his life.

for example. ….

EDIT: Apologies Trooper, the video you shared didn't come over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member