CANADA: Luka Rocco Magnotta, wanted for murder and dismemberment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Hannah! I just saw this thread this morning, and haven't read it all yet, but had to respond. I'm one of those people who just can't let it go that Karla Homolka got away with all she did and only spent 12 years in what apparently passes for prison. I think she should locked up in a cell identical to Paul Bernardo's for the rest of her life. I've always thought she was the one who actually did the killings--no one Paul raped died until Karla came into it.

Anyway, I realize that this isn't a Karla thread, but I know the name Luka Magnotta from following the ongoing updates and gossip about Karla. Months ago, I checked out Magnotta's facebook page and GROSS!!!! I've never before nor since flagged anyone's profile or photos on facebook, but I totally flagged his...let's put it this way...the focus of his posted photos was not his wide smile. :puke: *AH! My eyes!*

I'll read up here when I get home from work. Also wanted to say "hi" to my friend, otto, who I see is posting here. (hi otto!)

Later guys! :seeya:

Hey .. good to see you on this thread! This is one nasty guy. The case just expoded in the news a couple of days ago and I'm guessing that it will go international (if it hasn't already) because of his many international travels and potentially ... more victims in different countries.

I am not exactly a 'seasoned' member here...but I followed the Victoria Stafford case from day one as well as the cases of little Hailey Dunn and Kyron Horman.

I live in Scarborough, about a mile and a half from both where Bernardo grew up and now where Magnotta grew up!
Jeez! You never know when there is a murderer in your own backyard!
MY doors and windows are shut tight!

I hope that he doesn't choose Scarberia, I'm here too. (But I have a hockey stick and I'm not afraid to use it!:bud:)

But here they would have to have taken the bedsheets and the shower curtain (even the mattress) to do DNA testing, etc.. to prove it was the victim's blood on it at trial.. So strange throwing it all out..

And allowing cameras in the apartment afterwards.

After evidence was collected, like the body parts in the mail, the torso in the suitcase on the curb, the video, the scene would have been released. The fact that the apartment manager allowed media into the apartment is between the manager and the media ... nothing to do with police. It's certainly not very respectful on behalf of the apartment manager. What would the sheet add to the investigation? The man is dead, there's a video of the murder from inside Luka's apartment, Luka is in the video ... as far as I can see, sheets aren't needed to prove anything.

THAT would be a nightmare, those poor folks will be subject to the videos and pictures and have to see it all.

With all the evidence it likely never goes that far, I dont really know how the Canadian legal system works compared to ours anyway but I would imagine this ends up with a plea deal of some sort. BUT he is probably the type that will ENJOY going to trial and reliving it all so maybe not.

There would be no plea deal.

Hmmm. Wonder why he was posting for Arizona and LA. That brings us back to the decapitated head case under the Hollywood sign.. Didnt that happen in January 2012?

It was Jan 2012, the victim was gay, the body was dismembered in the same way and Luka was connected with the area in Feb 2012. I think he's a good suspect for that murder.

Seems like he up'd his intensity and really started planning in Dec 2011... And I really do wonder if the Hollywood case isnt him. Especially since he posted for that area in Dec and it happened in Jan 2012...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/20/us-crime-head-hollywood-idUSTRE80J09P20120120

Especially because it seems his style to put the remains right under the Hollywood sign.

I agree. He choose high profile places to distribute the body parts. A foot was sent to the Conservative party and a hand was sent to the Liberal party.

Looks like the victims name is Lin Jun . Very sorry not sure what websites are allowed to be linked but this is from Toronto Star .. If it is not ok I will delete :)

Meanwhile, China’s Consulate General in Montreal asked for the community’s help to find 33-year-old Lin Jun, who hails from the east-central Chinese city of Wuhan. Family and friends, the consulate stated, lost contact with him on May 24.

Lin arrived in Montreal in July 2011. A spokesperson for the consulate said she didn’t know why he came to Montreal or what he was doing here. A May 30 posting on its website is entitled: “Find Lin Jun.”

A police source confirmed to La Presse on Thursday evening that Lin is the victim in the case and that he was a student at Concordia University in Montreal.

There is video evidence of the murder, so there's no need to collect anything else to prove that he did it.

i absolutely disagree.....

LE/CSI dont just say "hey, i got this for evidence and it's all I need...no need to collect more". They collect everything and anything.....because it will ALL be needed in court. Any and every piece of evidence can and will be challenged. What if the video was challenged by defense because it does not show his full front face and the prosecution said..........whelp thats all we got, we thought for sure the vid was enough!

Plus the video does not contain DNA, whilst the severed body does along w/ other evidence obtained in the room.....

While the vid, IMO (yes i watched it) does say to ME that it is 100% him.....Im sure that vid alone would not stand up in court...

Britain's Sun has a piece rehashing some exchange they had with him last December in London over the kitten videos. He reportedly emailed them then:

“Well, I have to say goodbye for now. But don’t worry, in the near future you will be hearing from me again. This time, however, the victims won’t be small animals. I will however, send you a copy of the new video I’m going to be making. You see, killing is different than smoking... with smoking you can actually quit."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... lling.html

This has probally been said allready and i just havn't heard but do we know who the body parts belonged too . What is his reason I mean Is he mad about a decission the prime minister made , I havn't veen arount a computer so i am still catching up and trying to see who he killed and why send it to the parliement..

There was no reason for sending the foot to the Conservative Party headquarters other than to get attention. He committed the murder, put his old furniture and a suitcase out for garbage collection, mailed the foot and hand and then disappeared. The furniture was picked up by garbage collection, but the suitcase was left behind. That is why it was discovered. After the foot was delivered to the Conservative Party, the torso was discovered and the hand, which was mailed to the Liberal Party, was intercepted in the mail. If the torso had not been discovered, then the hand and foot would have been delivered, there would have been no immediate connection to the torso or Luka and this all could have turned out quite different ... perhaps like the Hollywood case.

In fact, I'm wondering why the murder scene for the Hollywood case was never revealed. Was it never connected to the murder?

LE/CSI dont just say "hey, i got this for evidence and it's all I need...no need to collect more". They collect everything and anything.....because it will ALL be needed in court. Any and every piece of evidence can and will be challenged. What if the video was challenged by defense because it does not show his full front face and the prosecution said..........whelp thats all we got, we thought for sure the vid was enough!

Plus the video does not contain DNA, whilst the severed body does along w/ other evidence obtained in the room.....

While the vid, IMO (yes i watched it) does say to ME that it is 100% him.....Im sure that vid alone would stand not up in court...

Perhaps police collected the ice pic and it has prints/DNA from Luka and DNA from the victim. We don't know what evidence was collected, so it seems unusual to assume that the entire apartment should have been packed up and saved as evidence. I don't think there's any reason to assume that there is a problem with evidence collection.

As an aside ... From my reading of various international cases, I have come to understand that the US does things differently from Canada and most European countries. Criminals are still arrested and convicted, even though procedures differ from what is commonly done in the US.

Includes info about the family.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2012/05/31/19823731-qmi.html
PETERBOROUGH, ONT. - Luka Magnotta is a “ticking time bomb” who needs to be brought into custody, says a close family member of the primary suspect in a gruesome Montreal murder.

“I hope that he is caught because he is a ticking time bomb,” the woman said during an exclusive interview with QMI Agency. “Because he’s unstable, if he gets cornered, I just don’t think it will be a good outcome, so the faster he is caught the better.”

I think it's fair to say that bomb has already gone off.

The dogs do not look relaxed or happy in those photos. I don't know if that's just me projecting, but they don't look like happy little relaxed creatures. How many dogs has he had? And where are they now?

Maybe trivial but WTH would he have done with the animals he had before he fled? The one which concerns me the most would be the python. You cannot easily conceal a 16 ft. albino python. It seems he was a loner so I have to wonder where or whom he left these animals with or did he release them on the streets somewhere? He's a psychopathy so I'm sure they would mean nothing to him and easy to discard of. People within the area of his old residence, who have small pets BEWARE! A python this size could consume a cat or small dog no problem. I would imagine traveling abroad with a huge python would certainly stand out at any Canadian Airport boarding, security and baggage check. I bet he's still in Canada. All the hype from him about traveling abroad is to throw LE off. Hopefully he'll be found sooner then later. AND I agree, shoot him on site. JMHO.

While the vid, IMO (yes i watched it) does say to ME that it is 100% him.....Im sure that vid alone would not stand up in court...
prima, you watched the video .... did you notice the victim was not placed directly on top of those pink sheets, there was some kind of blanket/bedspread underneath the body....I am sure LE took as evidence everything they 'know' is needed. JMHO

In one video they said the other hand and foot were also found inside the apartment. (In the "video" we see one arm with hand inside the fridge). All body parts apparently belong to the same victim. They have all the other videos of the 'kitten killer', and plenty of LRM's DNA inside that apartment, and on the victim's body. ITA with otto, that the pink sheets are not needed as evidence, jmo.

Yea so you know what I am talking about, that is a very dark and ugly place down there, not a place I care to go unless it is for something I really need to research.

The COMMENTS on the video at bestgore.com are what blew me away, there were 257 comments about the video and most of them were the viewers arguing that the music he chose for the video was ******, can you believe that, the guy was killing someone live on video showing all the details and sex acts that accompany it and the freaks watching it were arguing over his choice of music.

OH GREAT! We have at least 257 more sadistic creeps in the world. This is very disturbing to know people are truly that sick and twisted. It's time the Government starts pulling the plug on these pathetic sites. There's no need for it. IMHO some of this garbage is just as disturbing as child *advertiser censored* and sometimes worse. Society is going down the toilet. :moo:

If he is found in Florida or Texas they might if he resists.
Canada doesn't have a death penalty does it?

No death penalty in Canada. Florida or any other state that does can have him. Better yet, shoot him on site. MOO

Maybe trivial but WTH would he have done with the animals he had before he fled? The one which concerns me the most would be the python. You cannot easily conceal a 16 ft. albino python. It seems he was a loner so I have to wonder where or whom he left these animals with or did he release them on the streets somewhere? He's a psychopathy so I'm sure they would mean nothing to him and easy to discard of. People within the area of his old residence, who have small pets BEWARE! A python this size could consume a cat or small dog no problem. I would imagine traveling abroad with a huge python would certainly stand out at any Canadian Airport boarding, security and baggage check. I bet he's still in Canada. All the hype from him about traveling abroad is to throw LE off. Hopefully he'll be found sooner then later. AND I agree, shoot him on site. JMHO.

He probably killed it when he was done with it.

Also, I don't believe he is in Canada, but I don't believe he boarded a flight, either. Not here, anyway. And definitely not in Quebec. IF he boarded a flight in Canada, he left the province to do so.
He has had this planned for quite some time now, no doubt. Expect a cat-and-mouse game... his reign of terror is not over yet. It has barely begun, imo.

:moo:

There was no reason for sending the foot to the Conservative Party headquarters other than to get attention. He committed the murder, put his old furniture and a suitcase out for garbage collection, mailed the foot and hand and then disappeared. The furniture was picked up by garbage collection, but the suitcase was left behind. That is why it was discovered. After the foot was delivered to the Conservative Party, the torso was discovered and the hand, which was mailed to the Liberal Party, was intercepted in the mail. If the torso had not been discovered, then the hand and foot would have been delivered, there would have been no immediate connection to the torso or Luka and this all could have turned out quite different ... perhaps like the Hollywood case.

In fact, I'm wondering why the murder scene for the Hollywood case was never revealed. Was it never connected to the murder?
(respectfully bolded by me)

Things definitely didn't go according to LRM's plan. He wanted the suitcase with the torso to be picked up last Friday. I wonder if he is panicking now that the connection was made so fast, and so much evidence collected against him.

well... it is almost 6 am in france right now.. so here is to hoping they catch this <insert appropriate word> today!

While I have no reason to believe LE is wrong, if LE doesn't have undisclosed leads to France, I would not discount Karla's sister, his relatives in PA or perhaps even Guadeloupe or some other french language island.

And interesting set of connections on this web page.....

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001917971235&sk=friends

Comparing this to some photos on his page, makes me wonder, France isn't the only place it might hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong