CANADA Canada - Luke Degerness, 14, Prince George BC, 7 June 2007

Ground search for Prince George teen missing 3 years yields no 'substantial' clues

A search of a Prince George slough found no “substantial” evidence of Lucas Degerness, a 14-year-old teen who went missing in 2007.

[snip]

“We were there for four days, and we did a ground search and water search all the way to the Fraser River,” said Sbert. “We want the family to know we’re not giving up, but we also want the family to know we didn’t find anything substantial.”

[snip]

The MCSC has offered a $10,000 reward for information that leads to Degerness being found.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/Gro...antial+clues/3844602/story.html#ixzz15bgb8yNb

That doesn't sound good if they are looking in the slough. Sounds like someone finally admitted something to someone...

Luke is still missing. An age-progression drawing of him has been done to his current age of 19.

31454_Photo_of_DEGERNESS_used_in_Missing_poster_web.jpg
31448_Degerness_Age_Enhancement__2007-20640_web.jpg

http://bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=775&languageId=1&contentId=25667

I saw this posted on another site by gdegerness on July 01 2012:

Thank you. The new info I have gotten is that he has been seen in the Powell Street area of downtown Vancouver. If it is him, he wears all black, a winter toque & may have a beard. A park in that area, Oppenheimer Park, apparently has a lot of homeless people living in it. If it is him, the time frame fits because at least 2 employed people in that area have confirmed they are positive it is him and he has been hanging around for at least the last 4 years. Keep your eyes open, please. If you think it is him, please DO NOT approach him. Report it to the VPD or the RCMP! Please note where and when you seen him and what he was wearing. Thank you. As soon as I am able to get to Vancouver, I will be going there to look for him.

The link for the site is: http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=2669.15

It is reply 21. I know it's not a big development, but I thought I would share as I can't find any more current information than that. I really hope it was him.

Thinking of Luke during the Holidays. Hope you're safe and sound somewhere!!

Thinking about you. Wish there was more positive to your story right now, another (even possible) sighting, anything.

thanks to all, if LUKE is online, he must be using a diff. name, i can't find him or get anyone to admit they talk to him online. TY hoppy i am trying to get him on the our missing children site now and anywhere else. I am gettin no info from his friends, the rumour going around is that he is on McIntyre cres. in Prince George, but we did a door to door search with posters and althought everyone was aware of him there were no sightings of him in that area. i do think there is an adult who is aware of this situation who could be harboring him and if so is USING MY SON. we need to get him home where he is safe and LOVED. we moved recently from edmonton so there is a chance he is there but again no one has seen him. the last "reliable" sighting we had of him was in mid july. lymom3, i am not offended nor naive, so there is always the possibility of drugs/gangs, unfortunately that is the environment that is prevalent these days (thanks modern media). My prayers to you and your family and to all whom are here. thanks, all.

The way write, you are genuine, and my heart goes out to you. You are in my thoughts and sending out hopes for your son Luke to come home safe. No matter where he may be, you are letting him know that he's loved and missed and that's the best thing you can do.

Small mention in this article. Still out searching for her boy.

Gina Degerness marched around City Hall with a photo of her son, 14-year-old Luke Degerness, who went missing in 2007 and has not been heard from since.

“There’s a chance my son is here,” said the heartbroken mother. “I have no idea.”

http://www.edmontonexaminer.com/201...pirit-vigil-and-stolen-sisters-awareness-walk

So sad there is no new news on Luke.

A lead in the case came two weeks ago when the Canadian Centre for Child Protection’s MissingKids.ca program received a confidential call from a man who identified himself as Luke.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news...en+years+hopeful+following/9767976/story.html

The Canadian Centre for Child Protection is asking West Coasters for help in finding a young man who has been missing from Prince George for seven years, ever since he was 14.

The organization has reason to believe Lucas Degerness may be on the west coast of Vancouver Island, said Christy Dzikowicz, Director of MissingKids.ca.

“MissingKids.ca recently received a call from a male identifying himself as Lucas Degerness. The nature of the call has provided renewed hope that Lucas is out there, but also significant concern for his safety and wellbeing,” said Dzikowicz.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Luc...Prince+George+years+Tofino/9759875/story.html

Gina said they do believe the call was from Lucas.

“It renewed my hope,” she said. “It make me quite happy. And I’m praying hard that it’s not a prank because that would be very cruel.”

... there were details that only Lucas or his family would know.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1275488/r...sing-prince-george-teen-not-seen-for-7-years/

Lucas is one of the 3 teens in this RCMP post for NMCD 2015.

BC RCMP profiles 3 missing teens on National Missing Children’s Day May 25
Sicamous, Mission, Prince George
Mon May 25 10:37:00 PDT 2015
File # Missing Children's Day
http://bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=2087&languageId=1&contentId=42086

Lucas Degerness, last seen June 7, 2007 in Prince George

Lucas and his mother Gina met with his vice-principal the morning of June 7, following concerns about his performance in school. After the meeting Lucas was asked to return to class, but never did. That meeting was the last time his mother saw him.

Lucas spent the night of June 7 with a friend, but has not been seen since. Following his disappearance RCMP investigated many possible sightings in the Prince George area, and searched the Hudson Bay Slough in 2010 as a result of information received. Then in 2014 Missingkids.ca received a call from a male identifying himself as Lucas, resulting in significant concern for his safety and well-being. Unfortunately there was no further information to assist in locating him.

“Although you’re a young man now, I still wonder if you’re safe or if you need help, if maybe you need your mom,” says Gina. “I don’t want to have to ask myself these questions every day for the rest of my life….

“It doesn’t matter what’s happened in the past so please call me, or someone who can share the message with me that you’re safe. If anyone sees this and has even the smallest piece of information as to where my son might be or what may have happened to him, please do the right thing.”

She says that she doesn’t want Lucas’s younger sister to spend any further time without her big brother in her life, and that his older brother and sister now have children they want Lucas to meet.
At the time he went missing Lucas was 5’8” tall, 140 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. A photo of Lucas at age 14, and a drawing age enhanced to 19 years, is attached.

47231_Lucas_Degerness_-age_14_web.jpg
47232_Lucas_Degerness_-age_enhanced-web.jpg

“Despite the passing of time these cases remain a priority for police. We owe it to the families to review these cases – and all missing persons files - regularly. The RCMP is constantly looking for additional sources of information, or determining if advances in technology may assist investigators in any way,” says Corporal Kelly Risling, acting head of the BC Police Missing Persons Centre.

Please contact the Prince George, Sicamous or Mission RCMP detachments directly if you have any information about these missing boys, or if you want to remain anonymous contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS). Safety tips and information about missing children can also be found at missingkids.ca.

[h=1]Ten years on, mother remains hopeful her missing son will be found[/h]
It's been a decade since Lucas Degerness went missing, but his mother still holds out hope the mystery of his disappearance will be solved - and better yet, they will be reunited.

Age 14, Lucas disappeared from Prince George Secondary School. His mother, Gina Degerness, later discovered he had spent that summer night at a friend's house and left sometime in the morning. He has never been seen again.
Through the Canadian Centre for Child Protection, Gina sent out the following message:
"Yet again, son, I haven't heard your voice or seen your handsome face in so many years. This horrible limbo of a life is wearing me out. My heart breaks a little more each day.
"I am super sad and hope that you have the heart to contact us. If you are unable to do so, perhaps someone who does know what has happened will contact us. There are many ways to do so and remain anonymous. I love you son, no matter what."
http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/...eful-her-missing-son-will-be-found-1.20461550

So was the friend the known person to see him?
What did the friend ever say?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back