CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

I thought I read somewhere that it included the gauges she wore in her ears, which have beads that need to be unscrewed? That is the only thing that ever gave me pause over the jewelry issue, as it seemed odd she would have taken them off. It is a clue for sure - but whether just an indication of her activities the night she disappeared, or of what happened afterwards is anyone's guess.

Madison's mother said the jewelry was found at the entrance of the tent. And this was costume jewelry, not anything special. She also said that Maddy frequently left things/jewelry all over the house. She's just forgetful like that. Maddy's mom doesn't feel like this is a clue.

my daughter has gauges. she rarely takes them out, but they are a smaller size.

I'm sure most of you have seen this but for those who have not here is a detailed documentary on Maddy's case.

[video=youtube;Xn0ROcjh7ys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn0ROcjh7ys[/video]

It is 3 years old but can help anyone get caught up on the main details of the case.

As in all the missing person's cases Maddy's case is heartbreaking.

Tricia

Was that clarified why Jordanne was lying about Fribjon Bjornson in interwiev for 48 hours?

I'm sure most of you have seen this but for those who have not here is a detailed documentary on Maddy's case.

[video=youtube;Xn0ROcjh7ys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn0ROcjh7ys[/video]

It is 3 years old but can help anyone get caught up on the main details of the case.

As in all the missing person's cases Maddy's case is heartbreaking.

Tricia

http://madisonscott.ca/?page_id=1106
TIMELINE.

Friday May 27th 2011
Madison and a female friend went out to Hogsback lake for a party with the intention of camping overnight. It appears there were around 46 people at the party Friday night, mostly 18 to 25 years old, and a few older partiers up to 40 years old. Almost all are from the Vanderhoof area. Madison’s friend who was going to stay with her left the party after midnight (2:30?) with a young man who lives close by in the Hogsback lake area. Either Madison was left to camp by herself or left with someone else, though information to date says she was left there by herself. The time Madison was last seen has been reported as 2:45 to 3am.​
Hogsback lake is located about 24.5 kms South East from Vanderhoof down the Blackwater road. See Google Map. It is a forestry campsite with 3 camping areas, a swiming area and dock. The lake is around 1 km long, and is surrounded by forest, with several trails leaving the campsite including a portion of the telegraph trail.​
Saturday May 28th 2011
A couple of the partiers were back at Hogsback campsite the next day cleaning up (10am?) and saw her tent still standing and her truck but they did not check if she was in the tent. There was no other tents or campers there.
There was a large party of around 150 people at the Hogsback campsite on Saturday night, and no one reports seeing Madison.
Madison’s parents were concerned as they had not heard from their daughter, but she is a responsible 20 year old so they did not report her missing.
Sunday May 29th 2011
With no word from Madison and her not answering her cell phone Madison’s parents went to the Hogsback lake campsite to look for her. They found her truck and her now flattened tent. Her purse was in the truck, but no sign of her and her cell phone. The police were called and the official search and rescue effort began

Does anyone know if that second party, saturday night was planned earlier and people were preparing to go there or was it spontaneous, possibly to cover any track of Madison?

Does anyone know if that second party, saturday night was planned earlier and people were preparing to go there or was it spontaneous, possibly to cover any track of Madison?
I believe it was a popular spot for parties and that people had parties there quite often. I don't think the second party was to cover any track but I like the way you are thinking.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk

I believe it was a popular spot for parties and that people had parties there quite often. I don't think the second party was to cover any track but I like the way you are thinking.
Could be a popular spot for parties and probably is (since during my research I found picture of this banner: http://www.imgrum.net/media/1005759499455529225_1632335351 ) but people who attended first, friday night party seemed surprised by big amount of people which appeared on saturday party.

Madison didn't fell into the lake, wasn't attacked and dragged out by an animal and didn't went into the woods and get lost because there were no tracks of her.
She didn't run away and she suppose to camp there with other people so abduction or whatever couldn't be planned earlier.

But someone took her out of there, saturday, after 3am.
Few hours later there is another party and suddenly 150 appear - people strange to Madison and Madison's friends.
Is that just a lucky coincidence for her abductor or it wasn't neither random or unexpected?

When that event was published on facebook? Did someone shared it on saturday with people from outside of their usual crowd?
There is nothing about that bunch of people from Prince George etc. just appear there to have a party and meet another party there and just mix it together into big party while there is an info that bunch of people appear cause it was published as an event on facebook (which seems less random, more like in some way encouraged by someone).

I hope that was checked.

MOO...

Finding this jewelry after her family and others had already been looking around her tent is odd. Huge coincidence.

I know people witnessed the injury and Jordy falling in the fire, but she continuously places a huge emphasis on how she got hurt that night...

She also was supposedly very drunk at 1am and then back bright and early at 10am. I know some people don't see 10am as early, but when you have a hangover and you factor in the distance to and from the campsite, etc...let's say she got home and in bed at 2am. I would be way too hungover to drive to the campsite that early. I'd text my friend first, call an hour or two later etc then maybe make the trip there after if no reply.

I also still think if my friend wasn't answering calls or texts and left all of her belongings in the middle of nowhere, I'd be calling her parents ASAP. But that's just me.

All of the choices and her demeanor together are very strange. Again...MOO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

@adeedra: Madison's younger 15-year-old sister was actually at that second party Saturday night, so it was probably planned earlier.

Video
April 14 2017
http://globalnews.ca/video/3380194/crime-stoppers-madison-scott/
[h=1]Crime Stoppers: Madison Scott[/h] Madison Scott vanished on May 28th, 2011 after attending a party at Hogsback Lake, a campsite about 25 kilometres south of Vanderhoof. Investigators are asking anyone with information to call police or if you wish to remain anonymous visit BCcrimestoppers.com or call 1 800 222- 8477

First of all....BUMP! :bump:

I just came across this case and had some strong first impressions. As usual, all amateur speculations and opinions!

I watched the documentary (well done), and various news clips on this case. The first thing that jumped out at me was how well spoken of, and loved this gal is. It's wonderful to see a community come together, along with law enforcement and the media.

Second, the incredible love of which the family spoke about this girl is just inspiring, and heartbreaking. It's no surprise the community is so investing in helping them, they seem like a wonderful family.

As to what happened to Madison? Well first, there was one person I saw interviewed who was at the party who came off as completely sketchy. However, unless I misunderstood, it seems as if all the major players were poly'ed and passed? I'm not clear on that point.

I think the most likely scenario is that Madison died of an accidental drug overdose or acute alcohol consumption/aspiration. People likely panicked and disposed of her remains. The known description of people (at least one) highly intoxicated, falling in fire, and so forth make this theory quite plausible.

The fact that there is a hefty reward and no one has spoken up suggests to me that there are some scary folks somehow involved. Maybe they attended and provide the "recreational" potions that this girl theoretically might have overdosed on?

And...I find it very odd, and very telling that she would have gone camping with someone who wasn't a very close friend (as I understand it?) This sounds like she went for a very specific purpose...that turned out deadly?

I don't think this was murder, I think it was an accident, and people panicked and hid the body.
One thing I feel very sure of. More than a couple people know what happened, and more than a couple people can't sleep at night. And one of them is going to talk....

Again, all amateur speculations and opinion.

Editing to add: Does anyone know if a tracker with cadaver dog ever searched the area early on? Sorry to ask such a grim question, but it's really what is needed.

Can someone please tell me where the tent was set up? Is it where this map indicates recreation site? Thanks in advance. I'm going to do a little aerial survey and see if anything jumps out at me.Hogsback.png

Yes, it's there. (there is another recreation site on the other side of that lake an people were camping there, but they didn't noticed anything).

Sadly, she went missing on Highway 16, which is the "Highway of Tears" is a stretch between Prince George and Prince Rupert.

My theory is she left the party campground and hitchhiked back to Vanderhoof and was picked up on the highway ...

I see her her missing posters where I live and it makes me sad.

I wish the RCMP would investigate more of the missing women on highway 16 as it is very possible there is a serial killer on the loose.

Sadly, she went missing on Highway 16, which is the "Highway of Tears" is a stretch between Prince George and Prince Rupert.

My theory is she left the party campground and hitchhiked back to Vanderhoof and was picked up on the highway ...

I wish the RCMP would investigate more of the missing women on highway 16 as it is very possible there is a serial killer on the loose.
And why do you think did she leave her working car next to the lake and decide to walk on foot through wilderness and basically country side for five miles to get near highway... with what reason or purpose?

All people from that party were polygraphed, all passed.
I think the most likely scenario is that Madison died of an accidental drug overdose or acute alcohol consumption/aspiration. People likely panicked and disposed of her remains. The known description of people (at least one) highly intoxicated, falling in fire, and so forth make this theory quite plausible.
There is no such description.
One girl fell into the fire after she was accidentally hit (and?) pushed by other partyers. She was drunk, but not that drunk to fell into the fire just like that.
And...I find it very odd, and very telling that she would have gone camping with someone who wasn't a very close friend (as I understand it?) This sounds like she went for a very specific purpose...that turned out deadly?
They weren't besties, but they were friends, at least through high school and ater graduation. They didn't hang out much after graduation and that was their first come back together after some time.

Lake was searched many times.
Cadaver dogs were searching there but didn't catch her track anywhere around except that recreational site.
Bushes were checked and there were no signs of aybody walking there through last days. It is assumed that she drove away with someone. (but that area was searched anyway)

Why would she leave on foot, her friend said she wouldn't leave with her because she didn't want to leave her tent if she wanted to leave all she had to do was jump in her truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How strange. I totally agree she wouldnt leave. her car was there and all her tent and stuff. She would have just left or if she was too drunk to drive probably decided to sleep there and leave in the morning. Someone has either taken her or killed her there and taken the body? Surely they would have found her by now if her body was still there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back