CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

They weren't "campers", just bunch of teenagers camping:
- with their cars right next to them,
- within (much) less than an hour long ride to their homes
- and they headed there hoping for nice outdoor party, that got crashed by a bunch of uninvited, unwelcomed people.

Not saying that it didn't happened like that (fleeing the scene of a crime), but imo most people would just pack up their stuff and leave if that party was crushed in by bunch of uninvited people, acting rough... if they were sober enough to drive or have some sober friends to drive with.

I was packing up in the middle of the night few times with this exact reason: uninvited/strange/creepy people showed up and staying there either seemed dangerous or in the very least didn't seem like fun anymore. As far as I know no crime happened in any of these cases, they were just crashed parties.
The other tent was the birthday couple they ended up having an argument and decided to pack up and leave they also asked maddy if she wanted a ride into town in which she refused. Maddy was in that tent alone while the remainder of that second group was still there. These are facts.
Nobody packed up fleeing the scene that didn’t happen. There were like 4-5 people just down from where maddy was and her in the tent. But for certain that second group was the real cause of the party goers starting to want to leave but by bit.
Nobody said jordie was in on it but I do truly believe she could give a name or two that she believes had something to do with it. No doubt in my mind on that one.
They weren't "campers", just bunch of teenagers camping:
- with their cars right next to them,
- within (much) less than an hour long ride to their homes
- and they headed there hoping for nice outdoor party, that got crashed by a bunch of uninvited, unwelcomed people.

Not saying that it didn't happened like that (fleeing the scene of a crime), but imo most people would just pack up their stuff and leave if that party was crushed in by bunch of uninvited people, acting rough... if they were sober enough to drive or have some sober friends to drive with.

I was packing up in the middle of the night few times with this exact reason: uninvited/strange/creepy people showed up and staying there either seemed dangerous or in the very least didn't seem like fun anymore. As far as I know no crime happened in any of these cases, they were just crashed parties.

They camped out at Hogsback Lake near Vanderhoof. Yes, Maddie's "friend" supposedly got thrown near a fire and hurt herself. According to the "friend" she had asked Maddie to leave with them, but Maddie decided to stay. They still have no leads.
Not only that but her excuse was she was too drunk and wanted to go sleep at her new bf’s house and asked maddy if she wanted to go with her maddy said no she wanted to stay with her stuff and she was mad.

The other tent was the birthday couple they ended up having an argument and decided to pack up and leave they also asked maddy if she wanted a ride into town in which she refused. Maddy was in that tent alone while the remainder of that second group was still there. These are facts.
Nobody packed up fleeing the scene that didn’t happen. There were like 4-5 people just down from where maddy was and her in the tent. But for certain that second group was the real cause of the party goers starting to want to leave but by bit.
Nobody said jordie was in on it but I do truly believe she could give a name or two that she believes had something to do with it. No doubt in my mind on that one.
Where did you found it as a fact that the last people on the spot informed Maddy that they are leaving and that she's going to be the only one birthday paty goer still staying there?

Plenty of people said that Jordie was on it, some even accused her, harassed her, send her death threats, death wishes and insults. On this very thread as well. The main inspiration for the outrage being the way that 48 hours episode on Maddy was showing Jordi as a thoughtless and to the very least terrible friend.

No serial killers that had to stop. No random serial killers just take random dirt roads at 4:00-5:00 am to hopefully find a lucky random solo girl sleeping in a tent lol. It just doesn’t happen man. I can’t handle seeing this stuff. That’s no how the highway of tears was done nor how Israel keys operated.
Btw. The "serial killer" theory didn't happen like that.
Maybe some people, not having much of an idea how far Hogsback Lake is from highway could get into thinking about it, but did so with a pretty good reason - cause the biggest media coverage on her case connected her to the highway of tears.
And I, personally I'm glad that they did it. I don't think that it harmed Maddy's case (cause I believe that LE knew better) and for sure helped bringing exposure both: to her case (causing many people to learn more about it) and to the countless victims of highway murders that many people didn't even knew about before it was sort of connected to Maddy.

Also most of that original theory, that she may be another HoT victim was based on unconfirmed, and most likely mistaken sighting of "her" (girl looking like her) very close to the highway.
We can all make a good educated guess, that it wasn't her, cause how would she get there?
It's certainly possible that she could get a lift from someone, and asked to be left there, but how probable is that someone stayed there, or came as she was alone, offered her a lift that she agreed on, left her there with no ill will, didn't harmed her - yet never came forward to offer his/hers story?
Very improbable imo - unless maybe that person would be aware of poor work ethics of LE in the area, and never said anything, fearing that they may end up with kidnapping or murder accusations just because they were the last to see her.
If we assume, that LE checked all the available surveillance from that night for possible sightings of her, they know if there could be any validity to that sighting.

Nonetheless, serial killer theory was based on possibility that she, with whatever reason ended up alone, hitchhiking on the highway/hanging out near the truck stop, not as much of a random serial killer on random dirt road, checking this random tent and hoping to find alone defenseless girl there.

Where did you found it as a fact that the last people on the spot informed Maddy that they are leaving and that she's going to be the only one birthday paty goer still staying there?

Plenty of people said that Jordie was on it, some even accused her, harassed her, send her death threats, death wishes and insults. On this very thread as well. The main inspiration for the outrage being the way that 48 hours episode on Maddy was showing Jordi as a thoughtless and to the very least terrible friend.
It's in the Canadian Truecrime podcast I posted. All the information there comes straight from the Scott family.
The birthday couple got in a fight about 2:45 am and called the party over, packed up and left. At that same time some sober 'pick up' drivers arrived, and one of them asked if Maddy would want a ride with them which she declined. They probably forgot to mention that if she wouldn't leave with them she was about to stay on her own there. Maddy probably never knew she was about to camp there all alone. Hence the birthday boy couple would camp as well but they left in a argument probably not informing Maddy about their changed plans. According Maddy's mother (Dawn Scott) Maddy would NEVER wanted to stay there all alone that night.....

Canadian true crime podcast:

It's in the Canadian Truecrime podcast I posted. All the information there comes straight from the Scott family.
The birthday couple got in a fight about 2:45 am and called the party over, packed up and left. At that same time some sober 'pick up' drivers arrived, and one of them asked if Maddy would want a ride with them which she declined. They probably forgot to mention that if she wouldn't leave with them she was about to stay on her own there. Maddy probably never knew she was about to camp there all alone. Hence the birthday boy couple would camp as well but they left in a argument probably not informing Maddy about their changed plans. According Maddy's mother (Dawn Scott) Maddy would NEVER wanted to stay there all alone that night.....
So... it's not there and no implication that it happened either.
My point exactly.

This is what was said:
"The other tent was the birthday couple they ended up having an argument and decided to pack up and leave they also asked maddy if she wanted a ride into town in which she refused. Maddy was in that tent alone while the remainder of that second group was still there. These are facts."

My question was:
"Where did you found it as a fact that the last people on the spot informed Maddy that they are leaving and that she's going to be the only one birthday paty goer still staying there?"

Not a big deal in general, but quite crucial in this case. Especially if we're calling these facts.

They did NOT informed her that party's over and everyone is leaving.

Someone asked her if she needs/wants a lift, but it was just one of the people that left last - when that question was asked the other tent was likely still up (at least not fully packed yet).

The person who asked her wasn't supposed to stay overnight there.

So esentially, she was asked by random acquaintance if she wants lift home. Bit drunk, more than likely suddenly woken up from sleep and not realising that she needs it. They were not supposed to stay overnight there (so it wasn't alarming for her, as same question asked by tent owners likely would be), and she didn't get out of the tent then so she didn't have a chance to notice that everything is over.

So... it's not there and no implication that it happened either.
My point exactly.

This is what was said:
"The other tent was the birthday couple they ended up having an argument and decided to pack up and leave they also asked maddy if she wanted a ride into town in which she refused. Maddy was in that tent alone while the remainder of that second group was still there. These are facts."

My question was:
"Where did you found it as a fact that the last people on the spot informed Maddy that they are leaving and that she's going to be the only one birthday paty goer still staying there?"

Not a big deal in general, but quite crucial in this case. Especially if we're calling these facts.

They did NOT informed her that party's over and everyone is leaving.

Someone asked her if she needs/wants a lift, but it was just one of the people that left last - when that question was asked the other tent was likely still up (at least not fully packed yet).

The person who asked her wasn't supposed to stay overnight there.

So esentially, she was asked by random acquaintance if she wants lift home. Bit drunk, more than likely suddenly woken up from sleep and not realising that she needs it. They were not supposed to stay overnight there (so it wasn't alarming for her, as same question asked by tent owners likely would be), and she didn't get out of the tent then so she didn't have a chance to notice that everything is over.
Correct. There is NO evidence that someone informed Maddy that night (around 3 am) that she was about to left camping all alone. There is still a chance that one of the sober pick-up drivers did and Maddy maybe (sleepy as she maybe was...) didn't fully understand what was said. But that's just speculating. If Maddy was fully aware, she probably didn't want to stay alone there. And yes, if the birthday couple were still breaking down but didn't had their tent fully down yet, they (sober pickup drivers) maybe offered Maddy a ride home but not telling her she was about camping all alone the night....

Another question: who left the party last? The birthday couple? The sober pickup drivers? Or some of the partiers (couldn't be more than 2/3) left? Or did they (birthday couple and pickup drivers + last partiers) leave all at the same time? This is crucial imo...

Some more speculating:
Think about this: of ALL the people attended the party, the birthday couple had the most 'healthy' reason to return later that night to Hogsback after they calmed down after their argument. They must have known Maddy was about to stay all by herself. And they let her down 'big time' if they didn't tell her..... (and for sure must have realized that)
Also the events of saturday morning between 9 and 10 am, to me, put the birthday couple highest on the suspect list.
Obvisously they were cleared by the RCMP so I must be wrong..... , so I really wonder why/how they were cleared?
Everybody seems to be blinded by Jordy's strange behaviour and actions, for sure Maddy had all odds against her that weekend, except maybe for Jordy comming back that saturday morning contradicting the birthday couple about how they said they found Maddy's tent after Jordy..... I will explain later in another post.

People who are wondering what I'm talking about: please first listen to the Canadian Truecrime podcast, it has the most complete and detailed information out there. They did an excellent job imo.

Last edited:
Another thing. According Jordy Maddy was probably the most sober person that night.
And hence Jordy already left about 1 am (so 2 hours before) and couldn't possibly know Maddy was about to stay all alone there. And that's why she probably didn't think much of it either when finding Maddy's tent deserted that saturday morning she came back to get some of her belongings. She didn't know Maddy stayed there all alone.

Last edited:
“We are not stopping our search until she comes home”: Madison Scott missing for 11 years - Nelson Star

"Philips said it’s “really frustrating” that some people believe that the RCMP is not on their side, that the RCMP are not really looking for her, or that they are not to be trusted."

Well, I guess that being a friend of missing person and having no better nor other choice than to trust in LE and phrase it this way instead of going for frustration that cames from the fact that those people are not worth of any trust.

My heart keeps breaking for Madison's family, especially her mother who deals with the public the most but her words are giving me the creeps.
There are some great cops and investigators out there, those who were doing everything what they possibly could to find missing person, solve their murders, people who cared so much and were affected by the tragedies so much that they lost their own health due to stress, trauma and exhaustion.
Families, friends or strangers who cared about those cases deeply were speaking very highely of them, I saw examples of that.
But excuse me, IMO, as I'm following this case for years, she gives me the vibe of hostage video.
Also dear God, it seems totally normal that SOME people who have the ability to conntact the family are offering tips to them, instead of LE. Just some people, small minority, and its often caused by them not realising that's not right thing to do or being unable to find the right conntact info. Not enough to address this as huge issue in every single one of dozens of public statements over 12 years.

And that's pretty freaking bizarre for multiple locals to put a pressure on family to take the posters of a missing person's down.
One oddball can happen anywhere, but a few?
And about such well liked young woman who's in hearts of so many locals?
And somehow not get slammed by community for that so hard that they're waking up the day before that stupid, heartless, unhuman idea even crossed their mind for the first time?
Weird. Weird. Weird.

It's been to long.
But even one hour of her being missing was way too long.

May 29 2023
1685375540175.png
''VANDERHOOF — A sombre anniversary in the case of missing person Madison Scott.

It was 12-years-ago Monday she was reported missing to the Vanderhoof RCMP.

She was last seen May 28, 2011 at Hogsback Lake celebrating a friend’s birthday. She hasn’t been seen since.'

''Should you have any information regarding the disappearance of Madison Scott, please call the Vanderhoof RCMP at 250-567-2222, or, if you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or leave a message on their website at Solvecrime.ca.

Madison’s family continues to offer a $100,000 reward for information leading to to an arrest and laying of charges for the person or people responsible for her disappearance.''

May 29 2023
View attachment 425262
''VANDERHOOF — A sombre anniversary in the case of missing person Madison Scott.

She was last seen May 28, 2011 at Hogsback Lake celebrating a friend’s birthday. She hasn’t been seen since.'

''Should you have any information regarding the disappearance of Madison Scott, please call the Vanderhoof RCMP at 250-567-2222, or, if you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or leave a message on their website at Solvecrime.ca.

Madison’s family continues to offer a $100,000 reward for information leading to to an arrest and laying of charges for the person or people responsible for her disappearance.''
I can’t believe this but the article is updated - her body was just discovered.

May 29 2023
View attachment 425262

I see y'all have posted this information but here is another report. I'm sitting here incredulous yet glad that Madison Scott has been found after all this time!!! Particularly interested in this missing person case all along as I live in the general region. At least her family know where she is, now of course it is a question of how she got there. Remains of Madison Scott found, police say - BC News

globalnews.ca

Remains of B.C. woman missing for 12 years found on rural Vanderhoof property | Globalnews.ca

Madison (Maddy) Scott was reported missing on May 29, 2011 after last being seen around 3 a.m. on May 28, 2011. Her body has now been found on a rural property in Vanderhoof.

'The body of a woman who has been missing for 12 years has now been found on a rural property in Vanderhoof, a district municipality in central B.C.'
''
Police are currently executing a search warrant at the property on the east side of Vanderhoof and expect to be at the site as long as necessary, police said in a statement.

The B.C. RCMP Major Crime unit is leading the investigation, with support from Vanderhoof RCMP.'

May 29 2023
View attachment 425262

No sooner had you posted this report about missing Madison Scott being missing 12 years, that it was deleted by the media to be replaced with an article that she is now found! Wow, speechless!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back