CANADA Canada - Male, 20-40, balding w long hair, "underdoggers.com", St Lawrence River, May'18

dotr

Reaction score
Montreal police seek help to ID body found in St-Lawrence River
nov-8.png

The Montreal police are trying to identify a man found dead in the St-Lawrence River, near Pointe-aux-Trembles, in late May. Police say the man was believed to be between 20 and 40 years old, around 200 pounds and six feet tall. He had long black hair, but bald on top. He had a moustache, short beard, an earring in his left ear and wore a bracelet branded with the website underdoggers.com. He was wearing a T-shirt bearing an image of the Mona Lisa, and had a shoelace tied around his right ankle when he was found. Anyone with information that could identify the man is asked to call 911 or Info-Crime Montreal at 514 393-1133

Slightly different/added details. rbbm.
Police seek help indetifying man found dead in St. Lawrence River
"Montreal police are asking for the public’s help in learning the identity of a man found dead in the St. Lawrence River on May 28."

"He is a black man, weighing 89 kilograms (200 lbs.) and was 6’2” (1.88 metres) tall. He had long black dreads but was bald on top and had a short beard.

His left ear had an earring in it and he had a wristband on his right wrist with the website underdoggers.com on it, a website domain that is not in use."

I can no longer see this UID on Canada's missing - seems probable he may have been identified.

I checked the archive. It doesn't look like there was ever a real site located at "underdoggers.com" so I looked at the police photo of the bracelet and I'm pretty sure it just says "underdog" on it with something else on the other side (I'm seeing what looks like "80" or "BO" as a partial) and a website on the inside, all of which we can see is the ".COM". Sloppy forensics.

4f7193c5-ca90-4f57-ae42-6c8ce1d8f21e_ORIGINAL.jpg

“It’s sad. This shouldn’t be happening,” Chavegros says. “These people all led interesting lives. But this is how they end up.”

Chavegros has worked in the funeral business for three decades. He never imagined he would witness the number of unclaimed bodies he now sees each year. Quebecers, he fears, are increasingly dying “in complete indifference.”

I checked the archive. It doesn't look like there was ever a real site located at "underdoggers.com" so I looked at the police photo of the bracelet and I'm pretty sure it just says "underdog" on it with something else on the other side (I'm seeing what looks like "80" or "BO" as a partial) and a website on the inside, all of which we can see is the ".COM". Sloppy forensics.

View attachment 371761
Have you got the link to the archived site?

Have you got the link to the archived site?
That's the thing, there isn't a site and it doesn't seem there ever was. You can see the archive attempts at https://web.archive.org/web/20160801000000*/Underdoggers.com

Since January 2018 (very close to the UID date) the domain has been registered with GoDaddy via an anonymous service called DomainsByProxy you can see that record here https://www.godaddy.com/whois/results.aspx?domain=underdoggers.com

I noticed that there was one attempt to archive the domain earlier than that so I ran a historical whois on the domain and got a real name from 2016, you can see that historical registration here Jacqueline Poplaski is linked with 6 domain names! but it would be against forum policy to sleuth that person.

I'm still not altogether convinced that wristband even says "underdoggers" though especially considering there doesn't appear to have ever been an actual site there.

That's the thing, there isn't a site and it doesn't seem there ever was. You can see the archive attempts at Wayback Machine

Since January 2018 (very close to the UID date) the domain has been registered with GoDaddy via an anonymous service called DomainsByProxy you can see that record here https://www.godaddy.com/whois/results.aspx?domain=underdoggers.com

I noticed that there was one attempt to archive the domain earlier than that so I ran a historical whois on the domain and got a real name from 2016, you can see that historical registration here Jacqueline Poplaski is linked with 6 domain names! but it would be against forum policy to sleuth that person.

I'm still not altogether convinced that wristband even says "underdoggers" though especially considering there doesn't appear to have ever been an actual site there.
I searched "underdog bo" on Google and one of the first things to come up is a gym in Montreal called Underdogs Boxing Gym. There are variations of the name with .ca and .com registered but are more recent.

I can no longer see this UID on Canada's missing - seems probable he may have been identified.
You're right. Anyone able to find any news articles or anything relating to it?

I searched "underdog bo" on Google and one of the first things to come up is a gym in Montreal called Underdogs Boxing Gym. There are variations of the name with .ca and .com registered but are more recent.

'Located in the heart of downtown Montreal, the Underdog Boxing Gym has become a must when it comes to boxing in the city. The young company has quickly distinguished itself as one of the premier boxing gym in Quebec. '
1684063561534.png
'

You'd think they wouldn't have blacked out that other bracelet in the photo they released. What's going on with Canadian death investigating?
Maybe something to do with language laws in Quebec? speculation.
'Anything written on a product sold in Quebec, or on its package, or in documents included with the product (for example, instructions for using the product and warranties) must be in French.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back