Identified! Canada - Manitoba, woman's body at recycling plant, Dec'10 - Mary Anne Trueby

Danaya

Reaction score
"Investigators have learned the woman went by the name, Laura, and may have family connections in Saskatchewan, RCMP stated in a news release issued Monday.

Police describe the woman as Caucasian, five feet and four inches tall, about 136 pounds and 50 to 60 years old. She had long salt-and-pepper hair kept in a bun, and light brown eyes."

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchew...ility-body-sketch-manitoba.html#ixzz17OREzVmZ

rosser-body.jpg

The article says foul play is not suspected, yet they think she was originally in an off site recycling dumpster or something. So...does that mean she was still alive????!

I think she was either staying in a recycling bin to keep warm, she was probably homeless and the shelters get full here. Or, she was dumpster diving which is less likely because there's not much to find in a recycling bin. So the truck probably picked up the bin and dumped it in there while she was still alive, yes. We had a garbage truck a few months ago pick up a dumpster and thankfully, it was daytime and a man saw someone go in there prior and they were able to stop right before it dumped him in to be shredded up with the trash!

I think she was either staying in a recycling bin to keep warm, she was probably homeless and the shelters get full here. Or, she was dumpster diving which is less likely because there's not much to find in a recycling bin. So the truck probably picked up the bin and dumped it in there while she was still alive, yes. We had a garbage truck a few months ago pick up a dumpster and thankfully, it was daytime and a man saw someone go in there prior and they were able to stop right before it dumped him in to be shredded up with the trash!

That very thing happened to a friend of mine from high school many years ago. He was at a party far from home, had too much to drink, and was kicked out of the party. Having no way home, he apparently sought refuge in a trash dumpster for the night. The trash truck came along and dumped him into the back of the truck, and he was crushed to death by the trash compactor.

Oh my god!

I figured she was using it as shelter...those poor people!

LE has released a photo of her when she was alive, taken at "one of the organizations she frequented" -- possibly a homeless shelter or food pantry?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/police-getting-to-know-woman-found-in-plant-111584329.html

Also, some called her "Dale" and although she didn't talk much about herself, her mother may be a retired teacher living in the Saskatoon area. She is believed to have died sometime along the truck's route as more cardboard was added to the load. :(

How sad! We really are fortunate. We just had two men die here recently of "natural causes" outside in parks. It is freezing here in the Winter and I think it was homeless men who were turned away from one of the shelters because they are full now.

Thanks for that additional photo!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back