GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #2

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by hoppyfrog, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoppyfrog

hoppyfrog Retired WS Staff

2. Loading...

3. RubyRed

RubyRed "Keep on Truckin"

4. Dee10

Dee10 New Member

Residents sure Williams led police to body

http://www.intelligencer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2448289

5. RubyRed

6. pinkeyesucks

pinkeyesucks New Member

Did anyone else hear the CBC radio discussion that talked about his catalogued trophy collection that was hidden in the Ottawa home in a heating duct? My husband was listening to it on Friday while at work, and I can't seem to find any reference to it.

7. pinkeyesucks

pinkeyesucks New Member

8. antiquegirl

antiquegirl New Member

I'm sure going with it. It's way too much of a coincidence that RW talked to OPP investigators on Sunday and poor Jessica's remains were found early Monday morning. (And not one mention of the golf course. ;))

JMO

9. flipflop

flipflop Active Member

hmmm, isn't that where Bernardo hid his video tapes years ago. WEIRD!

I just searched and found that Bernardo hid his tapes in pot lights in the ceiling.

Police didn't have the tapes because Bernardo hid them in a pot light in the bathroom ceiling of their home. Authorities didn't get their hands on these tapes until September 1994, by which time Homolka was in jail.
    http://osgoode.yorku.ca/media2.nsf/...47f95c9ce0cae54385257011007096ca!OpenDocument

10. RubyRed

in defence of our defence
    When the news broke Monday that now-former CFB Trenton Base Commander, Russ Williams had been arrested for the murder of Jessica Lloyd, Marie-France Comeau and the sexual assaults of two other local women, it was as if the world stood still.

There was the obvious horror that comes with knowing that such a vicious criminal was secretly under our noses the whole time. Anyone can appreciate the gravity of the realization that comes with knowing that if someone in such a prestigious, authoritative and high-profile position as Williams could commit such heinous crimes, then so, it seems, could anyone. Suddenly we all find ourselves suspicious, motives questioned, our abilities to trust anyone severely compromised.(more at link)

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/Jessica+Lloyd

11. pinkeyesucks

pinkeyesucks New Member

bernardo hid his in the back of a closet behind a panel i believe. And then of course later in a lawyers office....

:)

12. antiquegirl

antiquegirl New Member

I have not heard this, but thanks for sharing it. While I was Googling this, I found several articles that mentioned that the victims were bound with duct tape. I don't recall reading this before. Unwinding and binding with duct tape would take two hands. Again, I have to wonder how he kept these women subdued, while he was using both his hands. Would verbal threats be enough to keep them from trying to escape?

" ... two women who were bound with duct tape... "

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/op...y-could-heat-up-some-cold-cases-84292357.html

" ... bound the women with duct tape ... "

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/W...t+neighbour+Cosy+Cove+Lane/2560660/story.html

JMO

13. pinkeyesucks

pinkeyesucks New Member

If you sat on them to subdue them you could. And yes, I think that being whacked in the head and waking to find a large man in the room would be enough to confuse me for the time it would take to bind me up. I still think that he knocked the out first, especially if they attempted to fight. could have sat on them and used teeth and one hand for duct taping though.

Purely speculative though.

14. RubyRed

15. Dee10

Dee10 New Member

Cops haven't searched Williams' Orleans home

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/02/13/12871266-qmi.html

16. matou

matou #los2188

If Williams confessed to killing Jessica and helped lead LE to Jessica's body, why wouldn't he just confess to all other crimes he may have committed?

17. pinkeyesucks

pinkeyesucks New Member

I think this is on many a mind. He is one smart man- if he confessed to the four crimes he committed it makes him look like he is being upfront and it does lower the suspicion radar a bit for linking him to other crimes though doesn't it. Perhaps he even changed his MO over the years to avoid being caught?

Just speculating though. I just don't believe that this "just started"....honest Mom, I've only done it this once....

18. Dee10

Dee10 New Member

Perhaps he is & they have to ck records so on to see if he is connected to crimes he confesses to?

Or maybe he is confessing to crimes that he is sunk with by evidence?

19. flipflop

flipflop Active Member

"They didn't tell the public they were looking for matching treads. They only asked the drivers if they saw anything unusual. Don't forget, at the time she was just missing, they didn't know she'd been murdered

But when a driver comes out of the blue and asks the police if they checked into tire tracks, did they have anything -- why the hell would you ask that?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/02/13/12864936-sun.html

20. antiquegirl

antiquegirl New Member

Interesting!

"a law enforcement source with knowledge of the matter, and speaking on condition of anonymity ... "

I'm pretty sure I know who this "anonymous" LE source is. These statements are almost identical to those said by (former OPP Sgt.) Cam Wooley on CP24 on Monday.

""showed the kind of unusual interest that others (motorists) didn't. Body language, facial expressions, questions asked -- police are trained in this kind of psychology. They look for tell-tale signs that could be the tip of the iceberg. It's a start."

JMO

21. antiquegirl

antiquegirl New Member

ITA with your first sentence. LE cannot charge him on confessions alone. They would need corroborating evidence before he could be charged with further crimes and this takes time. I'm not saying there will be other crimes uncovered, or that he has confessed to any, only that it's too soon to know one way or the other.

JMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.