GUILTY Canada - Melissa Richmond, 28, stabbed to death, Winchester, Ont, 24 July 2013

People that die from stab wounds bleed a lot. If she in fact drove that car to where the car was found, there should be plenty of blood evidence too indicate where she was originally stabbed and murdered, since her body was found so close by in the ravine.

If she was taken from her car to this ravine and murdered there by some unknown person I would have to think the motive was of a sexual nature. For someone to force her from her car, walk her to the ravine and just stab her to death for no reason would be quite odd. Robbery doesn't seem to be the motive since her purse was left in the car.

If she was killed elsewhere and her body was dumped in this ravine that should be easily determined I would think.

Since no employee's remember serving her, it sounds like she never made it into the restaurant if she in fact drove to the restaurant herself. It's to bad there seems to be no surveillance footage of the exterior of the Denny's restaurant to possibly see who apparently abducted her from her car.

JMO

Picture of the link.

I strongly believe this was a crime of opportunity, by a young male, on foot, a resident in the Bank St. vicinity of where her body was found.

I am glad LE is ruling out the possibility that the crime may have happened close to home.

There must be witnesses to her being in that plaza. There is most certainly video.

image.jpg

OPP conduct search in Chesterville area in what they term is an on-going investigation. Police will not say if Tuesday's search is connected to murder of Melissa Richmond.

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/opp-search-chesterville-area-for-clues-1.1390939

How far from the Denny's did Melissa live?

She was found at a mall. There's got to be tons of video footage from several shops that will help solve this. JMO

Very strange. Going out at 11:30 pm isn't late at all IMO. There will be evidence of what happened.

Where was her car parked? Outside of Denny's?

Her home was 46 KM from her recovery location.

Depending on her speed of driving, that would put her at the Denny's between 12 am and 12:30 am, IF she went straight there that night.

Forty-six kilometres from the castle-like dream home Melissa Richmond shared with her husband, bouquets of flowers now overlook a South Keys drainage ditch where her body was found.

"You always see them walking through town together, whether they're getting groceries or just out of their car, they're always together. They were a happy couple," said Emily Quinto. "It hits home when something like this happens in your community."

To neighbours of the Queen St. home they lived in for years, they were a "normal, happy couple," known for elaborate Halloween decorations.

For years, the Richmonds had been fixing up their ramshackle Victorian property but had recently moved into their Summers Rd. luxury home not far away.

"My Melissa has left this world ... But at the same time one close friend is getting married, another celebrates 25 years of marriage and yet another is about to give birth," her military husband, Howard Richmond, posted online on Tuesday.

Richmond was last seen driving away on Wednesday night from their home.

"He bought her a castle. This should have been happily ever after," said family friend Shelley Rabinovitch.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/07/30...chmond-as-cops-search-nearby-field#map_canvas

28 miles for us southern folks.

ETA: That sure is a long ways to go to get coffee at 11:30PM. Is there no place closer to her home?

46 KM is too far for a drive IMO, thanks Wondergirl. Were they drinking that night? Was there a tiff? Was there blood in the car?

I want to know what shows were playing WEDNESDAY night at the Cineplex Odeon Theatre located in the South Keys plaza where she was found, and what their end time was?

Here is the link. Most shows start Friday though.

There are several movies that would have ended around midnight or later on Friday.

The Conjuring, Red 2 and Pacific Rim.

The Conjuring would have ended at 12:20 am, if it was playing on Wednesday.

I hope LE is checking the Cineplex video of moviegoers from that night.

ETA: Melissa went missing on WEDNESDAY, the 24th.

Her vehicle was located on Friday, the 26th.

She was located on Sunday, the 28th.

http://www.cineplex.com/Theatres/TheatreDetails/Cineplex-Odeon-South-Keys-Cinemas.aspx

46 KM is too far for a drive IMO, thanks Wondergirl. Were they drinking that night? Was there a tiff? Was there blood in the car?

Having been to both Winchester and Ottawa, and in fact, that very plaza where she was found, I can honestly say, that people who live in Winchester, honestly do not think it's a big deal to hop in their car and go to Ottawa. I am willing to bet that many do it everyday.

Melissa and her husband frequented that South Keys plaza often, I don't think it was a big deal for her to go there at all. As mentioned, the Denny's was one of the only things open, around. Mind you, if she just wanted a coffee, I am sure there would have been a Tim's closer.

They had 2 houses, Matou, one new that they recently moved to, luxurious, and one old that they were fixing up, maybe?

Summer Road in Whinchester is listed in articles as their home.

Later Tuesday afternoon, OPP closed County Road 7 leading into Chesterville to search adjacent corn fields and wooded areas. Sgt. Kristine Rae would not say why specifically the road had been closed but that it was “related to an ongoing investigation.” She did not link the road closure and search to the investigation into Richmond’s homicide.

Chesterville is just east of Winchester, where Richmond and her husband, a warrant officer in the armed forces, lived. The area police were searching was about a 10 minute drive from their the couple’s home, which also backs onto a corn field and acres of land.

Outside of their home, affectionately referred to as Castle Greyskull by friends of the couple in a historical re-enactment society, Rabinovitch said police were combing through Richmond’s computers and probing all parts of her life.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/P...stigation+Melissa+Richmond/8726805/story.html

Does anyone know if Melissa lived in Bolton, ON in the past?

Is there any concrete info as to where exactly she said she was going when she went out on Wednesday at 11:30pm? Any particular reason? Or was it just for a "drive"?

There is a Tim Horton's on the outskirts of Winchester that's just a short drive (~5mins?) from her house and is open 24hrs. As previously mentioned, it's good minimum 30 minute drive on dark country roads before you start getting into the city. Interestingly, she would have most likely passed this Tim's on her way into the city. It's essentially a b-line on same road as the parking lot mall where the car was found, albeit way out of the city.

Hmmmm what I find interesting is that Police were searching an area near Chesterville, a town which is about 10 miles east of where Melissa lived. I can't provide a link as I saw it on CBC news tonight. For her car to end up in Ottawa she would have had to have gone west a little ways and North on Highway 31 which turns into Bank Street. On Highway 31 is where there is a Tim Horton's. There are a lot of back country routes that would have taken her to Ottawa though. I'm freaked out about this because I have driven these roads at all hours of the night, alone and on some back roads there is no cell service. The only thing I ever worried about while driving at that time of night on back roads were deer. I don't know what I think about this. I know the husband will be under a microscope as he was the last person to see her alive IMO. I have been reading on Websleuths for many, many years and as you can see I don't post very often as I usually follow crimes in the U.S. I have a few theories going thru my head. A crime of opportunity. All it would take is someone to hop into her vehicle when she comes to a stop sign? Someone in her vehicle, waiting, knowing she goes on little jaunts? Anyone interested in looking at different routes can go to google maps and type in Summers Rd, Winchester On for directions to Ottawa. I would have posted it but scared I'd blow the margins lol All of this is IMO

Having been to both Winchester and Ottawa, and in fact, that very plaza where she was found, I can honestly say, that people who live in Winchester, honestly do not think it's a big deal to hop in their car and go to Ottawa. I am willing to bet that many do it everyday.

Melissa and her husband frequented that South Keys plaza often, I don't think it was a big deal for her to go there at all. As mentioned, the Denny's was one of the only things open, around. Mind you, if she just wanted a coffee, I am sure there would have been a Tim's closer.

I think for those not from this area that is a hard concept to grasp, but this really really isn't strange. I grew up about 25km south of Melissa, and even we would OFTEN go for drives tha long or longer. Suth Keys is the first "mall" you'll reach in Ottawa coming from the south, for most of us it's often the first/last destination of s late night trip.

From her hobbies/interests I'm going to guess shed a bit of a night owl, at home the only p,ace open would be Tim Hortons. On the corner of hwy 31/43. If I felt like clearing my head at that time of night by going for a drive, SKeys is exactly where I would head.

It's a straight shot north, no winding country road/easy to drive when distracted, not a lot of cars that time of night and really quiet.

Either way, I keep forgetting that she could have easily been killed back home and transported to south keys, ehich is terrifying to me, having grown up there.

Personally I think it's one of two things, very personal, which breaks my hear for her, or completely random at SKeys. I will say its also possible she witnessed something, SKeys doesn't have the greatest rep anymore, and is a transit hub which can cause some drug issues late at night. Wouldn't surprise me t all to find a lot of drug dealing happening there at night.

I think if she was killed elsewhere (at home) there are many other less populated places to dump her body than at mall 46 km away where her body was found and the potential of being seen committing this crime by an eye witness was far greater.

Hopefully her movements that night can be tracked by her cell phone and will prove that she indeed made it home and left again like her husband claims. His cell phone records might prove to be very valuable also.

Phone records could also prove valuable as to the route she took after leaving the house and who she might have contacted and at what time.

Perhaps she was having an affair and left to meet with someone else at Denny's and this meeting suddenly turned violent.

JMO

Hmmmm what I find interesting is that Police were searching an area near Chesterville, a town which is about 10 miles east of where Melissa lived. I can't provide a link as I saw it on CBC news tonight. For her car to end up in Ottawa she would have had to have gone west a little ways and North on Highway 31 which turns into Bank Street. On Highway 31 is where there is a Tim Horton's. There are a lot of back country routes that would have taken her to Ottawa though. I'm freaked out about this because I have driven these roads at all hours of the night, alone and on some back roads there is no cell service. The only thing I ever worried about while driving at that time of night on back roads were deer. I don't know what I think about this. I know the husband will be under a microscope as he was the last person to see her alive IMO. I have been reading on Websleuths for many, many years and as you can see I don't post very often as I usually follow crimes in the U.S. I have a few theories going thru my head. A crime of opportunity. All it would take is someone to hop into her vehicle when she comes to a stop sign? Someone in her vehicle, waiting, knowing she goes on little jaunts? Anyone interested in looking at different routes can go to google maps and type in Summers Rd, Winchester On for directions to Ottawa. I would have posted it but scared I'd blow the margins lol All of this is IMO

Chesterville is actually only 5 miles (8Km) east, right down the road from their house.

The searched County Roads basically form a T right through Chesterville.

County Road 7 runs North /South (Main street in town) and County Road 9 runs East/West just North of Chesterville (and is much less travelled) is even closer to their home than the Chesterville itself and is maybe only 7 km down the same road from their house.

Needless to say, these roads (and Chesterville) are all relative close to their home.

Bank Street (Highway 31) was only a few hundred metres (~1000 feet) from their house and is the route most commonly taken to the city, though of course there are other (longer, more remote) ways to get to the South Keys area.

Hopefully someone can post a map to put it all into perspective.

You're right about animals crossing the road being the biggest fear along with spotty cell service out there being you're only lifeline, which is why it's so alarming she left without it.

Driving alone in such a remote area at that time of night, I'd be extra conscientious to bring my cell, even if I was just going to the local Tim's. I'm sure we all have forgotten our cell at one time or another when going somewhere, but the fact it just so happened on that night, is something that will be heavily investigated.

To me, it just seems way too coincidental; too convenient that her last movements be unknown, untraceable by cell phone location.

This is a very serious red flag that police will be all over.

Statistics suggest the odds are overwhelming that it is not likely a random attack and rather someone she knew.

si-ott-bodyfound-220.jpg

Richmond's body was found near this storm drain that runs underneath Bank Street, which is not easy to see from the street or South Keys parking lot. (Judy Trinh/CBC)

Police closed a street in the town of Chesterville Tuesday. The search focused on evidence linked to the Richmond homicide case.

Ottawa police major crimes investigators and Ontario Provincial Police are investigating the death but they currently have no suspects and they have not determined where Richmond was killed.

Police also do not know if Richmond knew her attacker. Police have questioned family and friends but Richmond's widower, Canadian soldier Howard Richmond, has not yet been questioned, according to family friend Shelley Rabinovitch.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...issa-richmond-chesterville-investigation.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back