GUILTY Canada - Melissa Richmond, 28, stabbed to death, Winchester, Ont, 24 July 2013

There is a very good video here, where the reporter visits the recovery scene of poor Melissa.

The family spokesperson indicates that Melissa's husband Howard expects to be considered a suspect, until he is ruled out. Several friends have been interrogated by LE already, but, Howard has not. ???

I am very surprised by the number of LE vehicles that searched the fields near her home. There were search dogs there, and the video states the dogs were tracking down homicidal evidence in those fields. They shut down a 5 KM stretch.

Police divers searched for the murder weapon at the recovery scene.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...issa-richmond-chesterville-investigation.html

Locals are reporting over 30 police invading and closing off traffic in the Morwood and Chesterville area.

morewood-road-closed.jpg

Reports are coming in that this may be related to the Melissa Richmond Homicide.

Canine units have been spotted as well.

Locals are saying that it’s a manhunt in the Chesterville area for the husband of the deceased, or something connected, but there have been no confirmations.

Apparently police have been searching since 10 AM.

If you have any video or photos email us at info@cornwallfreenews.com or call our hotline at 613 361 1755

http://cornwallfreenews.com/2013/07...ed-connection-to-richmond-homicide-in-ottawa/

Do we know anything about the husband? Had he been deployed recently? Isn't that an awfuly nice house for a military salary?

I haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread, but is that their house?

"Had not been questioned" because they can't find him? I wonder

I have to say, as heart breaking an outcome as this would be for Melissa's family, it will make me fear for my family and loved ones so much less. Especially considering I am
Dropping my husband off for 3 days there tomorrow.

Do we know anything about the husband? Had he been deployed recently? Isn't that an awfuly nice house for a military salary?

IDK if that's their house, but didn't someone mention she was a dental hygienist? IDK about Canada, but dental hygienists make pretty decent money here depending on where they work and number of years experience. (some up to 60,000-80,000 range with many years of experience and working in a large/successful practice.)

So perhaps with combined incomes and a big mortgage....

Even if we did know something about him, he's not officially a suspect is he? So we can't discuss him here...

Insurance money????? How much is that flophouse worth? A couple of million? What was her job? She's pretty young for a mansion, no? Sorry, hink hink hink here for me. JMO

Insurance money????? How much is that flophouse worth? A couple of million? What was her job? She's pretty young for a mansion, no? Sorry, hink hink hink here for me. JMO

But wasn't her car 9 years old? (2004 Chrysler Sebring?) They really may just be 'house poor', as we call it in the US.

Also, I don't know what house prices are where this house is. Here in the US, ( as I'm sure it must be in Canada) the price of that house would vary widely depending on location within the country, within the state, within the community...

I live about 30 minutes outside Atlanta, GA, in middle suburbia. That house wouldn't be worth a couple of million here. There are houses in my neighborhood that look like this and none of them are worth that much. In Atlanta, or Buckhead or midtown, maybe a million. Not more than that. Where I live in suburbia, and in the down economy, you could get this house for 450,000-650,000 depending on what's going on inside, if there's a basement, how much lot, etc. Go out further in more rural areas (otherwise affectionately called BFE), you could probably get that house for 300,000 or less.

There may be some hink going on, I'm not saying there's not! But I live in Georgia, one of the major mortgage default capitols of the US. We see lots of people losing their "McMansions" around here because they overextended themselves buying more house than they could afford. I also know the McMansions around here (Georgia) are way cheaper than say, in CA, New York, Jersey, Boston, etc. WAAAAAY cheaper. :twocents: :seeya:

Could the "drive" actually have been to secretly meet someone?

Just a thought

I found a listing for the house at $450 000, a lot less than I expected. Canada is over-inflated in terms of real estate. I could probably sell my crappy house for the same in Toronto.

I found a listing for the house at $450 000, a lot less than I expected. Canada is over-inflated in terms of real estate. I could probably sell my crappy house for the same in Toronto.

We have way overinflated areas as well. My brother visited Canada for business last year. He couldn't believe how expensive FOOD was compared to the U.S.! :scared:

?? I read the link and didn't see them refer to the husband as a suspect. Help!

Though, I'm concerned he could be.

Sorry, I should have made myself more clear and included discussed. :blushing:

CuriousGuy is bang on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Dreamer
Even if we did know something about him, he's not officially a suspect is he? So we can't discuss him here...

Unfortunately, they have <discussed> there...(in the link provided)

No Weapon recovered in Richmond homicide

OTTAWA &#8212; Nearly one week since Melissa Richmond went missing, police have not found or identified the murder weapon used to kill the 28-year-old Winchester woman.

Police continue to question Richmond&#8217;s family and friends and have yet to identify any suspects or persons of interest in the city&#8217;s seventh homicide of the year.

Businesses in the South Keys Shopping Centre area have confirmed that Ontario Provincial Police, who are jointly investigating with Ottawa police, began seizing their video surveillance footage on Saturday, the day after Richmond&#8217;s gold 2004 Chrysler Sebring with personalized licence plate RPGGIRL was found in the parking lot by an employee at the South Keys Denny&#8217;s Restaurant.

Police began searching the ravine between the parking lot and Bank Street on Sunday morning, though they have not disclosed what prompted them to start looking in the area bushes. Police found Richmond&#8217;s body partially clothed with multiple stab wounds Sunday at 9 a.m.

The makeshift memorial fixed to a guardrail on Bank Street overlooking the ravine where Richmond&#8217;s body was found has grown; several bouquets of flowers, a candle and a small teddy bear now sit on wooden posts with messages of condolences and heartfelt sympathies.

On Wednesday morning, Richmond&#8217;s widower Howard posted on Facebook asking anyone who intended to send flowers to instead make a donation to the Winchester Food Bank. He added that Melissa would have wanted that. They used to volunteer together at the food bank. Melissa Richmond&#8217;s own Facebook profile has been deleted.

Family and friends heavily involved in a historical re-enactment society said Wednesday that they would no longer be speaking to media. When Richmond went missing, friends involved in the Society for Creative Anachronism, a group dedicated to re-creating the Middle Ages through costumes and activities, banded together to search far and wide for Melissa, who many of them knew as Lady Aevianna of Nordengel. In her daily life, Richmond was a woman who liked to play role-playing games, who had just passed her dental hygiene exam the year before, and was looking forward to her husband&#8217;s retirement so they could go on a two-year trip around the world.

&#8220;We just need to heal now,&#8221; said Shelley Rabinovitch, who had been serving as a spokeswoman for family and friends since the systematic search, spearheaded by soldier Howard&#8217;s military colleagues, began on Thursday. She hardly slept and religiously updated the now more than 1,800 people who belonged to a Facebook group to help find Richmond.

A funeral is planed for Saturday in Petawawa, where Richmond was originally from.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/o...hmond+homicide/8732681/story.html?rel=1767240

^^^Unfortunately, they have there...^^^

It sounds like they're starting close to home and work away from there ... based on other information in this linked article. ... drive alone after a day with friends?

"Little is known about how Richmond’s lifeless body, partially clothed and riddled with stab wounds, ended up in a muddy ravine near the South Keys Shopping Centre.

She was last seen by her husband, Howard, leaving their Summers Road home, Rabinovitch said. The couple had just returned from a day out with friends and Melissa had decided to go for a drive alone"

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/P...stigation+Melissa+Richmond/8726805/story.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back