GUILTY Canada - Melissa Richmond, 28, stabbed to death, Winchester, Ont, 24 July 2013

Could the "drive" actually have been to secretly meet someone?

Just a thought

Could be. If she was playing dungeons and dragons online, she could easily have connected with the wrong person. At the same time, police seem to be looking awfully close to home.

A few random thoughts:

-I have never seen a victim's facebook profile be deleted so quickly in a murder case

-Was Melissa's car parked in her "normal" location at Denny's?

-Did anyone see her car or did video record her vehicle in the Denny's lot between Wednesday night and Friday night, when it was eventually called in by an employee of Denny's?

-When was Melissa reported missing?

-Was her cell phone with her or not? (One news article indicated she DID have her cell with her)

-Has video surveillance been requested by her neighbors and houses located enroute to South Keys?

8732693.jpg

A memorial for murdered Melissa Richmond continues to grow near the spot where her partially clothed body was found beside the South Keys Plaza.

Photograph by: Wayne Cuddington , Ottawa Citizen

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/weapon+recovered+Richmond+homicide/8732681/story.html?rel=1767240

I feel that Melissa and her murderer must have been on video, for LE to start looking pointedly at the ravine.

MOO

Businesses in the South Keys Shopping Centre area have confirmed that Ontario Provincial Police, who are jointly investigating with Ottawa police, began seizing their video surveillance footage on Saturday, the day after Richmond’s gold 2004 Chrysler Sebring with personalized licence plate RPGGIRL was found in the parking lot by an employee at the South Keys Denny’s Restaurant.

Police began searching the ravine between the parking lot and Bank Street on Sunday morning, though they have not disclosed what prompted them to start looking in the area bushes. Police found Richmond’s body partially clothed with multiple stab wounds Sunday at 9 a.m.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/weapon+recovered+Richmond+homicide/8732681/story.html?rel=1767240

-Was her cell phone with her or not? (One news article indicated she DID have her cell with her)

One of the initial media reports stated her purse, keys and cell phone could be seen her car when it was found. Every other report I've read since state that it was actually just her purse and keys that could be seen inside the car.

In addition, the family's spokesperson 'Shelley' has stated numerous times to various media outlets that Howard told her Melissa had forgotten her cell phone when she left that late Wednesday night by herself.

I hope LE is keeping an eye on that memorial on Bank St.

From Shelley's Facebook page:

Shelley TSivia Rabinovitch
Jul 26 at 7:00pm near Ottawa ·
A massive volunteer group is systematically searching Winchester Ontario, & area for missing 28 year old Melissa Richmond. Neither she, nor her gold Chrysler Sebring, license plate (ONTARIO) RPG GIRL, have been located as of 7 pm Friday..

1) NO she has not gone to Pennsic
2) She FORGOT her cell phone at home, so no GPS
3) Her husband is at home
4) Her passport, credit cards and debit cards are all being monitored.
5) If sighted, please call the ONTARIO PROVINCIAL POLICE at 1-888-310-1122.

I am having a really hard time imagining a murderer killing Melissa in that ditch, RIGHT BESIDE BANK ST.!!!

Come on.

IF this was a random crime, perp would have had to grab her just as she was about to get out of her car to go into Dennys. He might have put a knife in her side to threaten her, and force her to walk with him to the ravine.

If this was a random crime, it had to be a young, impulsive, LOCAL male, living in the immediate vicinity of that mall.

WHY would a perp grab a victim from a deserted parking lot, if she was presumably parked close to the restaurant?

Wouldn't the odds of being seen or caught on video be extremely high?

Why no warnings from LE or surveillance video images released?

Was the parking lot really deserted? What about Kelsey's? Wasn't it open still?

Was she at Dennys, or was her car left there after she was abducted/attacked/kidnapped?

Taking a drive at 11:30 strikes me as odd ... so it seems to me that she was going to meet someone.

Has there been any information about whether her husband was deployed recently? I'm wondering because if he was away, she could have been lonely and possibly started a friendship with an online Dungeons and Dragons friend. She could have been doing something related to the game ... and then agan, perhaps she just wanted to drive away in the middle of the night all by herself to have coffee miles and miles away.

I hope many of the regulars of Denny's and Kelsey's have been checked out.

Who went to Denny's/Kelsey's/the movies last Wednesday night?

Who has inserted themselves in the investigation of this crime?

Who has taken a special interest in this crime?

If Denny's was indeed her destination, it wouldn't make much sense to park anywhere but right up close to the building at that hour, by herself, with no phone. This is not where her car was found though...

If Denny's was indeed her destination, it wouldn't make much sense to park anywhere but right up close to the building at that hour, by herself, with no phone. This is not where her car was found though...

Where exactly was her car found? Closer to the edge of the lot?

It sounds like she was abducted, raped and stabbed. I kind of doubt that this happened in the parking lot. I kind of think that the car ended up at that location because the person that murdered her drove it there ... it's possible that she drove there in the middle of the night to meet someone - but that doesn't seem quite right.

We haven't heard much about the car, if it had any evidence of blood. Only that her belongings were still in the car, which is strange.

Was she at Dennys, or was her car left there after she was abducted/attacked/kidnapped?

Taking a drive at 11:30 strikes me as odd ... so it seems to me that she was going to meet someone.

Has there been any information about whether her husband was deployed recently?

Only speculative info. Check the comments of the previously posted like to the Ottawa Citizen article...but take it for what it's worth.

If she was meeting someone discreetly, then you'd think she'd bring her phone for sure as she wouldn't want that person calling while it was left at home.

Seems unlikely because she forgot it.

...Unless the husband spied on her whereabouts using her phone to track her so she purposely "forgot".

Again, seems unlikely.

Then gets attacked by this person or someone else after they meet... Possible, but odds are not likely.

Until I hear why she decided to go, where she said she was going, how long she planned to go, and most importantly what she was doing before she left and why she didn't take her cell phone with her, I just have a hard time believing that she even went for a solo drive in the first place.

Only speculative info. Check the comments of the previously posted like to the Ottawa Citizen article...but take it for what it's worth.

If she was meeting someone discreetly, then you'd think she'd bring her phone for sure as she wouldn't want that person calling while it was left at home.

Seems unlikely because she forgot it.

...Unless the husband spied on her whereabouts using her phone to track her so she purposely "forgot".

Again, seems unlikely.

Then gets attacked by this person or someone else after they meet... Possible, but odds are not likely.

Until I hear why she decided to go, where she said she was going, how long she planned to go, and most importantly what she was doing before she left and why she didn't take her cell phone with her, I just have a hard time believing that she even went for a solo drive in the first place.

The fact that police were looking so close to home, and no where near the shopping centre, is unusual. It could mean that she went to Chesterville rather than the South Keys shopping centre. If her husband had anything to do with this, then he had a very long walk home ... and that doesn't make sense. It doesn't really add up.

Where exactly was her car found? Closer to the edge of the lot?

All reports indicated is it was not parked right against the building but simply the general area 'in the parking lot', and not directly in front, beside, etc. It is a big parking lot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back